News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WARNING E-BAY JUNK

Started by oldsnofear, July 23, 2006, 01:45:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldsnofear

HEY I JUST WANTED YOU GUYS TO KNOW THE HLPAG GUYS ARE BACK ON E-BAY UNDER TH E SELLER NAME VCODE4406 PRIVATE SELLER I WENT TO BUY A CHARGER FROM THEM LAST YEAR THERE CROOKS DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!!!!!!!!!!

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

dkn1997

they have been using that name for a while.  rule #1. don't buy anything on the bag from a seller with private feedback.  only one reason to hide it...
RECHRGED

bull

Quote from: dkn1997 on July 23, 2006, 08:30:30 AM
they have been using that name for a while.  rule #1. don't buy anything on the bag from a seller with private feedback.  only one reason to hide it...

Rule #2: don't buy a Charger for sale in Lake Villa, Ill.

Steve P.

They are even advertising in the Central Florida Edition of the Auto Trader.

Where's that machine gun smiley when you want it??  ;D
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Drache

Quote from: Steve P. on July 23, 2006, 10:09:47 AM

Ask and you shall recieve!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

bull

Quote from: Steve P. on July 23, 2006, 10:09:47 AM

We get them in the Auto Trader here in Portland too.

Steve P.

Well lets see.. We have more than 2500 members here. Maybe we should all take turns calling them and asking them for info on the junk, I mean, their cars. We could keep them real busy with a bunch of empty promises and have them send us all photo's by SNAIL MAIL. That would cost them a few bucks and a bunch of time..

Any other ideas?? :icon_smile_cool:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

BB1

Na this one  :yesnod:
Delete my profile

Wakko

I disagree.  My feedback is private and I have 99.6% positive.  454 pos, 2 neg.  I keep it private because I don't want people seeing what I've bought and sold and duplicating some of my money making flips. 
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Rack

Quote from: Wakko on July 23, 2006, 05:27:49 PM

I disagree.  My feedback is private and I have 99.6% positive.  454 pos, 2 neg.  I keep it private because I don't want people seeing what I've bought and sold and duplicating some of my money making flips. 

That's not a bad idea, but it could also cost you some customers. I won't bid on anyone's merchandise if their feedback is private. It saved me from buying a charger from those pricks (HLPAG).

Just FYI. It's a trade off. If you're business is doing well no problem.

By the way, could you PM me those money making tips?  ;D

dkn1997

I see your point about protecting yourself, though.  But personally, I would never buy from someone with private feedback.  I see that at least you get the percentage or score with private feedback, but I am a nosy person and I like details. case in point:  I have seen items from sellers with 100% pos feedback, but in some of those positives, people will write that it shipped slow, etc....I just like the details.

RECHRGED

Drache

I do the same thing, I read through all the person's neg feedbacks before I bid so I know at least what might go wrong.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Rack

Quote from: Drache on July 23, 2006, 07:17:00 PM
I do the same thing, I read through all the person's neg feedbacks before I bid so I know at least what might go wrong.

:iagree:

And most of the time even if they have 100% positive, I won't bid from them unless they have a good number of feedbacks. I'd rather bid from someone with 500 feedback at 99.2%, then someone with 8 feedback at 100%.

Wakko

I'll share with you the story of the day I made my feedback private.  I search every day for Hemi Widgets on Ebay and find the ones that are not listed well or are labeled as standard widgets.  I will ask that person if they have a Buy It Now and make them an offer.  Either way I'll end up winning the auction and I'll immediately relist the item with the appropriate photos and descriptions of why it's a Hemi Widget.  One day I found a beautiful widget and when I emailed the guy about it he checked my feedback and all my previous auctions.  He realized his mistake and not only corrected his auction but used all of my information and my photos.  Can't blame the guy for it, but I was pissed.  Rather than juggle two ebay names (like HLPAG does) I made my feedback private. 

So far I've done quite well with my widgets, Hazzard badges and other items...regardless of my feedback listing.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

BigBlockSam

i figured you made it private cause you buy alot of stuff in the adult section.   :D
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

Wakko

Better than buying stuff in the kiddie section.   ;D
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

AirborneSilva

I will NEVER buy from anyone who has a private feedback, I got burned once that way and think that e-bay should do away with it  :flame:

Wakko

You didn't get burned on the feedback, Silva, you got burned from a dishonest seller and buying a car without more information.   If Ebay ever DID get rid of Private feedback I'd simply use a second name for buying than selling, which is exactly what HLPAG does. 
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

AirborneSilva

Sorry to disagree with you wakko, but yes I did get burned and yeah I was/am a dumb F*CK for trusting but that does not change the fact that if I had the chance to read thier feedback I would have NEVER bought from them....

262chargers

Thats not true, I know what you've bought and sold recently, you just have to know how to do it, no big secret there.

BLACKWOLF

LINNY SMITH 73' CHARGER OWNER HPAC MEMBER NATIONAL STREET MACHINE CLUB LIFE MEMBER
I'M ON FACEBOOK

AirborneSilva

Quote from: BLACKWOLF on July 24, 2006, 02:49:07 PM
WHO IS HPLAG ?

A bunch of scum sucking, dirt bag, lying, cheating, rip off mo fo's and I'm being nice!  They ripped me off and have done so to others as well.  look around this forum and you will find out who they are....

chrisII

funny thing about this feedback stuff...i bought my charger on ebay, i had seen the hlpag cars and gladd i didnt buy one (didnt know bout there history then either). but there feedback #s were not terrible at the time. i just realised it was a "dealer" and thought they were getting a bit greedy. but i DID buy my charger from a KID with 0 feedback, the pics of the car werent very good, he couldnt tell me if it had disk brakes, or an 8.75 , or a sway bar. as a result it sold for a grand. and i drove a solid charger with disks, sway bar, and an 8.75 on my trailer smiling all the way. it didnt run well, but it did run , drive steer and stop. Ebay isnt always bad, over a year later he now only has a feedback of 2, but i would buy from him in a heartbeat. I know i took a huge chance buying my car like i did, but i figured at the least it was a 1000 parts car that i could beat on fer a year or so had i wanted to till i found a better one.

73dodge

Quote from: BLACKWOLF on July 24, 2006, 02:49:07 PM
WHO IS HPLAG ?

An auto "seller" from Lake Villa Illinois. They specialize in making General Lee's. They are notorious for selling CRAP. Ask AIRBORNESILVA on this site what they will sell for 20,000.

They sell mostly on Ebay, the pics they take purposly do not show the the worst parts of the cars. They will say things like "needs trunk pan already cut out ready to weld in replacement" when in reality it was not cut out but rotted away and there is not metal to reattach a replacement panel. You buy something and upon deliver find that what you paid 20,000 for was nothing more than a spray bombed car that was dragged out of a junk yard and patched up enough to sell on Ebay.

They have ripped off MANY people with their dishonest sales practices and are totally shameless about doing it. Several people on this site have had run ins with these dirt bags. 

These people are a plague on the MOPAR community, do a GOOGLE search on these criminals and you will find that the name HPLAG is like a infection on the internet. They also go under the name Luedtke Auto Group.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE GUYS!!!!!
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

bsakal

They also advertise on collectorcartraderonline.com  :icon_smile_angry:
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

BLACKWOLF

SOUNDS LIKE A BUNCH OF ASSHOLES TO ME. I ONLY BUY FROM PEOPLE I KNOW { DODGECHARGER.COM MEMBERS}
OR LOCAL GUYS.
LINNY SMITH 73' CHARGER OWNER HPAC MEMBER NATIONAL STREET MACHINE CLUB LIFE MEMBER
I'M ON FACEBOOK

AirborneSilva

While I didn't pay anywhere near $20,000 for the Rusted/Trash I got from them I did get screwed none the less.  They did describe the trunk as having been cut out and ready to a new one to be put in, yeah right, it rusted out along with the rest of the trunk area and frame rails!  They are quite accomplished at hiding other damage as well.  They painted my car primer black and took pictures of it in not the best of lighting and although you could make out some rust damage like over the rear wheel wells, they did a good job of hiding the rusted out front fenders, floor pans and a few other areas as well.  They failed to mention those things, which in my book is a lie by omission.  It has just been a VERY poor experience all the way around and I will NEVER buy anything from anyone who feels the need to hide their feed back for whatever reason!

Rack

Quote from: chrisII on July 24, 2006, 03:37:07 PM
funny thing about this feedback stuff...i bought my charger on ebay, i had seen the hlpag cars and gladd i didnt buy one (didnt know bout there history then either). but there feedback #s were not terrible at the time. i just realised it was a "dealer" and thought they were getting a bit greedy. but i DID buy my charger from a KID with 0 feedback, the pics of the car werent very good, he couldnt tell me if it had disk brakes, or an 8.75 , or a sway bar. as a result it sold for a grand. and i drove a solid charger with disks, sway bar, and an 8.75 on my trailer smiling all the way. it didnt run well, but it did run , drive steer and stop. Ebay isnt always bad, over a year later he now only has a feedback of 2, but i would buy from him in a heartbeat. I know i took a huge chance buying my car like i did, but i figured at the least it was a 1000 parts car that i could beat on fer a year or so had i wanted to till i found a better one.

You got that nice a car for only 1k?

I hate you.

I got screwed on my deal too being that the seller said it had a 440 when in reality it was a 383. But compared to some other people here, I got a great deal. So other then the engine not being what I expected, I'm happy with my car.

By the way, is everyone sure the username is HPLAG? I did a search and the one named HPLAG has been a member (from Germany) for 3 years and he has 0 feedback.

Blakcharger440

Quote from: AirborneSilva on July 24, 2006, 11:10:45 AM
Sorry to disagree with you wakko, but yes I did get burned and yeah I was/am a dumb F*CK for trusting but that does not change the fact that if I had the chance to read thier feedback I would have NEVER bought from them....

I agree Silva. I never buy anything from sellers who hide their feedback either.Too me and many,many others
it is very important.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: Rack on July 25, 2006, 05:34:42 AM
Quote from: chrisII on July 24, 2006, 03:37:07 PM

You got that nice a car for only 1k?

I hate you.

I got screwed on my deal too being that the seller said it had a 440 when in reality it was a 383. But compared to some other people here, I got a great deal. So other then the engine not being what I expected, I'm happy with my car.

By the way, is everyone sure the username is HPLAG? I did a search and the one named HPLAG has been a member (from Germany) for 3 years and he has 0 feedback.

It is HLPAG

1fine69

i have had both. i have bought stuff from people with tons of feedback and turned out the product wasn't as described and then trying to get it corrected was a 2 month ordeal with the suckiest customer service ever. and it has also happened with low feed back ebayers. bottom line is you take a chance with that stuff. so my suggestion would be if you can check it out in person first!
THE DEVIL'S A PIMP DON'T BE HIS HOE!

Wakko

They use VCODE440 and 2121BASSETT (or similiar) on Ebay but their regular site is www.HLPAG.com  (Hans Luedke Performance Auto Group I think).   Silva got seriously hosed on his car and a lady from Florida did as well. 

I bought my Charger off Ebay and refused to send a deposit.  I told him that the fact that I bought a plane ticket shows that I'm serious.  I got there, looked over the car and handed him the cash.  DRove it to the shipper and one week later it was in my driveway.  The FIRST time I flew to buy a car that was "rust free" it had more rust than the Titanic.  Rode about as well, too.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Rack

Quote from: Wakko on July 25, 2006, 07:45:18 PM
They use VCODE440 and 2121BASSETT (or similiar) on Ebay but their regular site is www.HLPAG.com  (Hans Luedke Performance Auto Group I think).   Silva got seriously hosed on his car and a lady from Florida did as well. 

I bought my Charger off Ebay and refused to send a deposit.  I told him that the fact that I bought a plane ticket shows that I'm serious.  I got there, looked over the car and handed him the cash.  DRove it to the shipper and one week later it was in my driveway.  The FIRST time I flew to buy a car that was "rust free" it had more rust than the Titanic.  Rode about as well, too.

That's what I should of done. Of course, at that time I didn't know enough about cars to know the difference between a 383 and a 440 anyway (I've got A LOT to learn, but I've learned a good amount the last two months thanks to this place, mainly). I know enough now what to look for, enough to not get screwed royally anyway. My next car is gonna either be a '67 GTO or a 70/71 Cuda so I'll be prepared at that time. First things first though, I need to get started on my charger (and I'll be doing so as soon as I get my title).

BigBlockSam

QuoteI bought my Charger off Ebay and refused to send a deposit.  I told him that the fact that I bought a plane ticket shows that I'm serious 

:iagree:   i did the same. except i told him i would be on the road in the morning with my trailer. when i got there i refused the car. it was crap and he lied about alot of things. that voids the contract.  never send money. go there with the money in your pocket. Rene

AirborneSilva

Quote from: BigBlockSam on July 26, 2006, 11:37:03 AM
QuoteI bought my Charger off Ebay and refused to send a deposit.  I told him that the fact that I bought a plane ticket shows that I'm serious 

:iagree:   i did the same. except i told him i would be on the road in the morning with my trailer. when i got there i refused the car. it was crap and he lied about alot of things. that voids the contract.  never send money. go there with the money in your pocket. Rene

That is great advice, but not always feesable...

BigBlockSam

why not feesble, or hop on a plane, or send someone you know. just don't send money. i would pay all the expensnses to a brother from this board that lived nearby to go look at the car. i won't just throw my money into the ebay  darkness. Rene

AirborneSilva

Quote from: BigBlockSam on July 26, 2006, 11:56:29 AM
why not feesble, or hop on a plane, or send someone you know. just don't send money. i would pay all the expensnses to a brother from this board that lived nearby to go look at the car. i won't just throw my money into the ebay  darkness. Rene

I lived in Hawaii at the time, did not know anyone on this forum (nor did I know it existed, even after searching a bit for a charger specific forum) and I spent pretty much my whole wadd buying the car.  I am a trusting person by nature, my bad I guess, but you only get one chance to screw me and then you have an enemy for life (like HLPAG cares!), I had made a few other transactions on e-bay both as a seller and a buyer and have never had any problems.......  I did ask another "car" person to look at the add and tell me what they thought, he said it looked good to him and that he would buy - ok so we are both naieve I guess.  In a perfect world I would have physically put my hands on it before buying, but then in a perfect world HLPAG and others like them would not exist. 

BigBlockSam

yea, that would make it tougher, i sell alot on ebay most people are ok. then there are those 2% that suck. Rene

Downeyman

If a seller has a private feedback, you can;t see the transactions or what the other people had to say but you can see the number of feedbacks and the % possitive and negative and all that other stuff.
68 440 in Miami, Fla

Schuler

How does everyone get ripped off from them? Does no one look at the cars before they buy them or what? I don't see exactly what they are doing wrong. Can someone explain it to me?
-Zach Schuler
1969 Charger RT/SE 14.091 @ 98.25 (spinning)
1997 Cherokee Sport 4x4 16.057 @ 84
1956 D-100 Pickup
http://www.cardomain.com/id/schuler

Drache

Quote from: Schuler on November 03, 2006, 03:49:52 PM
How does everyone get ripped off from them? Does no one look at the cars before they buy them or what? I don't see exactly what they are doing wrong. Can someone explain it to me?

Sure SOME people look at the cars before and then they don't buy them and some like on ebay, people just believe the pictures. Not to mention they cover alot of the rust with bondo and paint!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

dkn1997

I will try to explain it.   
If you look at their site and descriptions, you see all of the.   stupid catch phrases they use  "yeeeeehaaaa"    "father & son"     "easy resto"    "this baby came with a pavement poundin' big block" and all of other fecal matter that flows out of their mouths.  it's sales.  sleazy sales, but sales nonetheless.  it's annoying, but I think we all would agree that there's nothing illegal about that, some would even say theres nothing wrong with it either.  so that's that. 

BUT, what they do crosses the line from "sugar coating" to outright lies.  maybe they don't cross the line legally and maybe they do.  but the bottom line is that they cross lines that all common decent people know you should not cross, law or no law.

They lie about the cars.  What makes it worse is that not only do they take rusty heaps embelish the description to make a quick buck, but they actually physically do things to the car to cover it up.  primer everything flat, spray bomb engines.  Then they compound it by intentionally taking photos in questionable light in an effort to furthur hide what they do.
RECHRGED

AirborneSilva

Quote from: dkn1997 on November 03, 2006, 07:19:25 PM

I will try to explain it.   
If you look at their site and descriptions, you see all of the.   stupid catch phrases they use  "yeeeeehaaaa"    "father & son"     "easy resto"    "this baby came with a pavement poundin' big block" and all of other fecal matter that flows out of their mouths.  it's sales.  sleazy sales, but sales nonetheless.  it's annoying, but I think we all would agree that there's nothing illegal about that, some would even say theres nothing wrong with it either.  so that's that. 

BUT, what they do crosses the line from "sugar coating" to outright lies.  maybe they don't cross the line legally and maybe they do.  but the bottom line is that they cross lines that all common decent people know you should not cross, law or no law.

They lie about the cars.  What makes it worse is that not only do they take rusty heaps embelish the description to make a quick buck, but they actually physically do things to the car to cover it up.  primer everything flat, spray bomb engines.  Then they compound it by intentionally taking photos in questionable light in an effort to furthur hide what they do.

What he said! They are con artists...

PocketThunder

Quote from: Wakko on July 25, 2006, 07:45:18 PM

what am i chopped liver?  .?? :-\     :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

blackcharger

it's really scarey now that these scumbags are offering to restore your car. imigane sending them your fairly solid car. They take off all the good stuff, and replace it with their crap and bondo it over. Or just retag your #s onto one of their junk yard POS

Brock Samson

It's called Deceptive Advertising and we have all seen at least a half doz to a dozen examples of folks being scammed by deceptive ads...
we have also seen more then a few examples of Others in the private sector scamming folks too... & we tried to warn them too..  :yesnod:

:flame:

BigBlockSam

i've bought several cars and bikes off of ebay . it's a very easy concept . DON'T SEND ANY CASH!
I wrote him after the auction and told him that I'd be on the road in the morning with my trailer and cash to get the car . if he says no , it's a scam or a piece of crap. Rene

AirborneSilva

Quote from: BigBlockSam on November 06, 2006, 10:04:57 AM
i've bought several cars and bikes off of ebay . it's a very easy concept . DON'T SEND ANY CASH!
I wrote him after the auction and told him that I'd be on the road in the morning with my trailer and cash to get the car . if he says no , it's a scam or a piece of crap. Rene

It's not always that black and white.  Some of us lived in different parts of the world and we had a choice of fulfilling a dream or buying a plane ticket but both couldn't be done so trust came into play and then we get fucked!