News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best Wheels

Started by JMF, July 22, 2006, 06:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RECHRGD

Magnum 500's.  15x8 w/275/60's rear and 15x7 w/235/60's up front.  They retain the original styling but look much better in the wheel wells that the old 14 inchers.
13.53 @ 105.32

tan top

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on July 22, 2006, 09:17:28 PM
Quote from: THE COLONEL on July 22, 2006, 08:46:26 PM
Quote from: Bandit4142 on July 22, 2006, 06:46:39 PM
I like the Keystone Klassics.   :icon_smile_big:

I used to have the Klassics on mine, but I love the look of the Vectors.  Yes it was a Dukes thing, but the black Vectors with the yellow I have just set the car off, and I love them, so those are my choice.

Your car looks great with the black details you have, hood, wing, grill guard, etc.    :thumbs:

:iagree:  nice color combination :thumbs:
         forgot about   :-[ vectors , centre lines , keystones & cragar 's , all look good  on a  charger .
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

dkn1997

Quote from: Steve P. on July 23, 2006, 09:54:31 AM
Quote from: dkn1997 on July 22, 2006, 04:48:25 PM
opinions on wheels are like assholes: everyone has one and most of them stink

I do not agree...  I am glad there are so many different wheels and opinions. Can you imagine if we all drove the exact same car? Same color. Same wheels. Same engines.....  BORING!!!!!   :puke:

that was written more to illustrate the point that you will never get anything close to a consensus when you ask this question.  goes for other topics also

1. anything having to do with the dukes of hazzard or the general lee, or catherine bach.
2. what is a street car?
3. should you leave feedback on ebay when the buyer pays you, or blackmail him until he leaves you good feedback.
4. jesse from the old site.

however, with that said, posting a loaded question like that is a good way to get pics posted of different wheels, so it works out in the end anyway.
RECHRGED

Lowprofile

I do not agree...  I am glad there are so many different wheels and opinions. Can you imagine if we all drove the exact same car? Same color. Same wheels. Same engines.....  BORING!!!!!   :puke:

I Totally Agree.  :2thumbs:

I happen to like these a lot. 17X10 for the back & 17x8 up front.  :icon_smile_big:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Silver R/T

centerlines looks nice on most 2nd gen chargers
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ghoste

Now see, just to back up what up dkn1997 and others are saying, I hate Centerlines on Chargers.  But I'm glad others like them.

Danny Gutierrez

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on July 22, 2006, 04:02:58 PM
I am undecided so I am going to run three sets,14" deluxe hubcaps(like on the bullit charger), chrome magnum 500's 15x8 w/ 275 60's on rear,15x7 225 70's front, and polished torque thrusts same rim and tire sizes as magnums.

Whoa that car looks really familiar!!!!! ;D  Oh and I love slot mags.

1969 Dodge Charger, second owner.  The first owner was my Dad.

SeattleCharger

I think my car looks better with rims on it.  Helps hold the tires in place too.

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

THE CHARGER PUNK

these are my all time personal favourite

American racing torque thrust D's-MATT

greenrt_se

15 inch stockton wheels tq,s here

SeattleCharger

Quote from: greenrt_se on July 31, 2006, 02:53:11 PM
15 inch stockton wheels tq,s here

Nice  :thumbs:

I watched that Blade series last night on Spike, car was in there about one minute, if that.   But the car looked great, and the rims looked new.

Does anyone know how I could find the size of the tires and rims on that car?   

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Blusmbl

I believe that was Clair's car from Moparts.  I think he's got 17x9's all around, of the polished 200s American Racing rims.
Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

firefighter3931

Quote from: Ghoste on July 31, 2006, 04:14:01 AM
Now see, just to back up what up dkn1997 and others are saying, I hate Centerlines on Chargers. 

Really ?  :D
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

firefighter3931

Another favorite, this is R2's sweet 69 rt/se with 295/65/15 drag radials & Weld Prostars  :drool5:
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

no318

I just ordered new 15" magnums to replace the factory 14" on my charger.

Ghoste

Actually Ron, I could probably edit that by taking out the "on Chargers".  I just don't like the look of Centerlines.  :shruggy:

bill440rt

Quote from: Ghoste on July 31, 2006, 08:32:17 PM
Actually Ron, I could probably edit that by taking out the "on Chargers".  I just don't like the look of Centerlines.  :shruggy:

I happen to really like the look of these Centerline Convo Pro's on my '68.
No one can really say there is any one "best" wheel that looks good on a Charger. Personally I am not a big fan of Cragar or "Cragar-esque" looking 5-spoke wheels. I just don't like them, although it looks like the majority of members here do. That's OK, everyone is entitled to their opinion of their favorite. I just wanted something "different" for my '68.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bill440rt

Speaking of different, I've decided to go with these from Foose on my '69 Charger project. They are very different from the Billet Vintiques Rallye wheel that's currently out there. These are not yet available, & won't be until next year sometime.
I'm sure I'll hear a lot of moans & groans, but I happen to like them & the look it will give the car.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Brock Samson

i'm liking these for my runner,..

firefighter3931

Quote from: bill440rt on July 31, 2006, 09:21:46 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on July 31, 2006, 08:32:17 PM

I happen to really like the look of these Centerline Convo Pro's on my '68.
No one can really say there is any one "best" wheel that looks good on a Charger. Personally I am not a big fan of Cragar or "Cragar-esque" looking 5-spoke wheels. I just don't like them, although it looks like the majority of members here do. That's OK, everyone is entitled to their opinion of their favorite. I just wanted something "different" for my '68.

Nice 68 Bill  :drool5:....the Convo Pros get  :2thumbs: from me ! Agreed on the crager/keystone/torque thrust's....way overused.  :P

Ron

firefighter3931

These are  :icon_smile_cool: billet wheels

Ron

Ghoste

They're overused because they look so good. ;)

TheGhost

I can't believe only one person has mentioned this so far.

Widened steelies.  Black.  With dog dishes.

Nuff said.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

bill440rt

Quote from: firefighter3931 on July 31, 2006, 10:17:10 PM
These are  :icon_smile_cool: billet wheels

Ron

Hey Ron! I was looking at a few Budniks as well before stumbling upon the Foose wheels. I like the '70 with those Centerlines as well. We had a Challenger with those same wheels on it years ago, same FE5 red too. Looked great with them.
And Thanks for your kind words on my '68!  ;D