News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Installing Spoiler on 72 Charger

Started by Jim Curnane, March 08, 2007, 07:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Curnane

I just got my front and rear spoiler for my 72 charger its going to look pretty awsome. Great product from Firat Place I have the templates to cut the holes on the underneath of the trunk lid I want to make it look factory installed. Has anyone done this Its looks easy Just looking to see if theres any advice on what to use to cut the holes. I plan on taking the lid off.

41husk

I got my wing from first place, great company, just follow the directions, I have drilled one with the hood on and one with it off and it's much easier to get around the deck lid with it off the car.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Jim Curnane

41husk

all you need to do is drill the four holes I believe it was 5/8 bit but it tells you on the directions from First Choice.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

TruckDriver

Do you know if you can get just the templets for drilling? I'm going to need some.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Jim Curnane

Comes with Factory Spec Templates if you drill only it wont be factory correct. there are 2 holes on each side about the size of a half dollar 3 sides of each hole are straight and one side has a bit of a curve. You can start with a drill but you have to get in there with a small cutter or a roto zip or something then file and touch up with paint make sure to seal so water cant get in

TruckDriver

Ya, I know about the goofy holes. I might just take mine to Aloha Motor Cars and have them mount it. I'm afraid if I do it, I'll drill the holes  so the spoiler sits crooked or something :-\
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Jim Curnane

Thought I would share this these are the templates inplace exactly 36 inches on center the spoiler bolts are exactly 35 9/16 I guess its supposed to go a little to each side not dead center you think it would . I will post more pictures when I am done who knows how long that will take