News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1972 Bengal Charger????

Started by 72Rallye440, July 18, 2006, 11:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

72Rallye440

I need some help. I went to look at a 72 Charger this morning. The car is a badly rusted 318 basic Charger. Its still wearing its original bright orange paint with a 1/2 black vinyl top. I also noticed a metal emblem on the fender that said "Bengal Charger" (2 lines of text with a tiger on top). I asked the owner (the son of the original owner) about the emblems and he said they are original and always been there. I don't claim to know it all but I've never seen a 72  Bengal Charger. Like I said its badly rusted but cheap. Obviously I'm going to buy it but I would like to know more about it.

Any ideas????

Thanks,
  Dewey

Nacho-RT74

as far I know, bengal charger is 68, models and only 50 were made... beside that, I think that's new to everybody.

Maybe now there is one 68 bengal charger without emblems around...
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Goldfinger71

Sounds interesting Dewey!Did you get any pics?
It sounds like it may have been a dealer option thing,like Natcho' was saying of the 68 Chargers,or like the 70 St.Louis Blues Barracuda(s)that have been written up in magazines a number of years back.
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Troy

Never heard of a Bengal Charger other than '68. That doesn't mean it couldn't have happened but I've never seen any sort of documentation or or any mention of the possibility. I live in Cincinnati and have been trying to dig up information on these cars for a while. My guess is the same as stated previously - there's a 68 missing it's badges out there somewhere.

Now, if you don't mind - can you get as many closeup pics and/or dimensions of those badges? Thanks.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

OttawaCharger

1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

bluesfool

I'm in agreement with the others...only the 68 model as far as I know.

THE CHARGER PUNK

POST PICS OF THIS CAR!!!! ;D and yes pics of the emblems would be great ,maybe sum1 could re-pop em?

ds440

To all the fellow Cincinnatians...

Wasn't it Tom Kneer Dodge in Milford that originally sold the Bengal Charger?  Aren't they still in business as "Tom Kneer Chrysler?"  Has anyone considered calling them and asking?  Personally, I've never heard of a '72 Bengal.  Not even a rumor of such an animal.

I would speculate that it's either:
- like previously said, there's a '68 with missing emblems
- or is it possible (?) that this guy asked for one at the dealer in '72 and they had left over badges from '68?  A one off custom deal.  Zero info to support that - just throwing out a BS hypothesis.  Stranger things have happened. :P
1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

dodgecharger-fan

I'm positive I've seen the Bengal emblems repopped in the past.. Maybe they just slapped some on.

THE CHARGER PUNK

he says theres a tiger above the emblem, the 68 bengal emblems just said ''BENGAL'' and below it in handwriting it said ''charger''.i heard of  a 72 bengal car , ill try n find soem dirt on it-MATT

THE CHARGER PUNK

heres a quote from chargervert awhile back

Quotechargervert

Re: Anyone hear of the "Bandera" Charger?
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2005, 12:00:14 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I saw a photo,of a 72 Bengal Charger,in the Mopar collectors guide,about a year back.I havent seen any 69-71 Bengal Chargers,just the 68 Bengal Chargers,and the one 72 Bengal Charger.When I saw the artical,I thought maybe someone took the emblems off a 68,and put them on a 72,but the emblem was different,and they thought the car was legit!

THE CHARGER PUNK

man i would love to get my hands on that car,if there were at least 2 1972 bengal chargers, there is bound 2 be more-MATT

THE CHARGER PUNK

do 2 it being a base car with a 318, i suppose it would look something like this xcept with the stated bengal emblems?-MATT

72Rallye440

Hey guys, I'm as confused as well. I'm kicking myself in the a** that I didn't take a camera but I had not idea it would be something weird. The car looks like the posted pic above except it has a 1/2 vinyl top. The gentleman I'm talking to is in his 60's and the car was bought new by his dad. He looked at me kinda weird when I made the comment that someone added those emblems. He said "no, they were on the car when he bought it". The car is wearing the original paint, no doubt. The VIN on the car is WL21G2A******

The problem is, the car may be sold to a guy thats been making payments on it for 6 months for $500.00!!!! He won't commit to selling it until he talks to this guy first. If he can't contact him he will sell it to me for $500.00. Should I go back and offer him more to make sure I get it? Remember its badly rusted.

I've never seen the real Bengal Charger emblems. These are about 4" around and appear to be chrome with orange lettering. Bengal, Charger (stacked letters) and a Bengal tiger on the very top. Does this sound like the originals? I may be taking a drive with my camera tonight.

Thanks,
   Dewey

Mikesmopars01

Drive over there, it doesn't hurt to get some pictures.

That sounds like it would be one rare car.

THE CHARGER PUNK

66ragtop

Quote from: ds440 on July 18, 2006, 12:45:49 PM
To all the fellow Cincinnatians...

Wasn't it Tom Kneer Dodge in Milford that originally sold the Bengal Charger?  Aren't they still in business as "Tom Kneer Chrysler?"  Has anyone considered calling them and asking?  Personally, I've never heard of a '72 Bengal.  Not even a rumor of such an animal.

I would speculate that it's either:
- like previously said, there's a '68 with missing emblems
- or is it possible (?) that this guy asked for one at the dealer in '72 and they had left over badges from '68?  A one off custom deal.  Zero info to support that - just throwing out a BS hypothesis.  Stranger things have happened. :P

Kneer sold out to Kerry in 2000.  He never was interested in rekindling any Bengal Charger memories.  I worked there for 4 years until they sold and he could care less about them.  My friend had a 3000 mile Bengal Charger with no badging and or tail stripe.  It was a 318 column shift car.  He (still kicking himself) sold it because he didn't want to rack the miles up on it.  It was in Hamilton Ohio (where he bought it) but now he has lost track.  Rumor is Arizona.  Any info would be appreciated!  Now onto the 72, back when I was in high school (79-83) my English teacher had a "72 Bengal Charger".  It sat in front of his house forever and that was way before I had any clue of what it might be.  It was orange with a 1/2 black vinyl roof and had all of the badging.  Real?  I always thought it was!
Need Beer!  66 coronet 440 convertible, 99 ram 2500 cummins, 99 plymouth breeze, Dog (Bree) Ameri-Camp 32 ft. travel trailer (hence cummins)

Drache

Certainly starting to sound more and more like they are real!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

ds440

Quote from: 66ragtop on July 18, 2006, 09:01:24 PM

Kneer sold out to Kerry in 2000.  He never was interested in rekindling any Bengal Charger memories.  I worked there for 4 years until they sold and he could care less about them. 

Ahhh....interesting.  I didn't know he sold out.  Last time I was over that way was 98/99ish...so that's probably why I didn't know that.

I wonder why he's so disinterested in the Bengal Charger.  He's part of mopar history!  Oh well.  His choice I suppose. :P

kab69440

A guy I worked with in Marysville had a "Big Red Machine" Third Gen. I don't remember what year.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

tan top

intresting thread guys  :popcrn:  just a thought ( 72Rallye440)  i wonder if  the paint code on that 3rd generation says 999 for the  special order truck oronge  . or just EV2 HEMI orange
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Nacho-RT74

With money, a Fan is able to make anything and ask for it at a dealer.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

72Rallye440

Ok guys, here it is! Per your request I went over today to take these pictures. I will know tonight if I'm able to buy it. Let me know what you think about the pictures.

Thanks,
      Dewey

72Rallye440

Last ones, odd car huh? ??? ???

ChargerHound69

Man, you don't see that everyday.  Is there a fender tag or buildsheet with it?

I wonder just how many of those were made.

tan top

looks original ,  intresting :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 

ChargerHound69

It does look original.  Is there anything on the dash or inside on the door panels?

72Rallye440

I looked inside the doors and tried to check the fender tag but it looks to be rusted but not 100% sure. The car is all original so I'm hoping to find a build sheet IF I get to buy it, please keep your fingers crossed!! I did not see any additional markings on the car that was odd other that the 2 emblems.

ChargerHound69

I hope you get that car, I hope you get that car, I hope( you get the idea)!

I hope you do. :yesnod:

Chris G.

Cool car man. Anything is possible with these cars at the dealer. My Hang Tizz-Tastic had beach sand in it when I bought it, and I'm almost 100% positive it didn't come from the original owner who was in his 60's. They probably had some wacky display at the dealer with sand and beach balls or something. Maybe the same type of thing happened with that '72 Charger? Unfortunately, it will be hard to track down any original paperwork on how the badges got there.

Hope you get the car.  :thumbs:  Those badges look like they have been there from the start.

ds440

Good luck, Dewey ;)

That really does look original.  At the very least, it doesn't look like those were recently added.  It's a long shot, but I wonder if the Cincinnati Bengals PR department would know anything about it? ???  Just a (desperate) thought.

twilt

Quote from: 72Rallye440 on July 19, 2006, 05:03:32 PM
I looked inside the doors and tried to check the fender tag but it looks to be rusted but not 100% sure. The car is all original so I'm hoping to find a build sheet IF I get to buy it, please keep your fingers crossed!! I did not see any additional markings on the car that was odd other that the 2 emblems.

Good luck Dewey.  would it be logical to think that there probably  would not be anything special on the fender tag or build sheet, that the dealer probably just ordered orange cars and added the emblems themselves?

Now, I`d be excited if it was a Steeler Charger painted black and gold!

Given that its a very basic 318 car with lots of rust, would i be correct to guess that you are just going to use it as a parts car?

bull

Quote from: twilt on July 19, 2006, 05:50:31 PM
:puke:

twilt

:haha: :haha:  still haven`t gotten over the Super Bowl, have you?

ChargerHound69

72Rallye440

Thanks for all the responses from everyone. I got a call from the owner about an hour ago. He said he's given the guy that put a deposit on it 2 days to call him back and he didn't. So he said I could have the car for the set price that I offered him. It was a little more than what I wanted to pay but I really want the car.

Given that this is the original owners son, I'm hoping he can give me a little info on the car. I really don't want to press the issue with him about the Bengal Charger emblems until we transfer the title. Not trying to be dishonest with him but if I start discussing it with him now it may make him start to wonder about the cars value.

Twilt, will I just part it out? Absolutely not until I do research on the car. Those emblems had to be made by someone somewhere. The car may not be worth the money I'm paying for it but its worth investigating (to me anyway).

Dewey

ChargerHound69

Excellent news.  I think it is worth it.   

I agree not to talk to him about anything except if he has any original documents.

When are you going to pick it up?

twilt

That is Great News. :2thumbs:   I`ve read about the 68 Bengal Chargers before. Are they considered to be more desirable or any more valuable just because they are Bengal Chargers?

If this car turns out to be a legit similiar promotion, would this car be considered more desirable/valuable and a candidate for restoration  or is it "what it is" based on its drivetrain and options?   

Regardless, for $500 you cant go wrong.   BTW, i think the previously mentioned idea of contacting the Bengals PR dept is a good idea.

ChargerHound69

I think that would be a good idea also.  It could not hurt.

Does anyone have any promotional material dated for these cars.

tan top

thats  good news you was able to buy it   :thumbs:

Quote from: twilt on July 19, 2006, 09:26:00 PM
That is Great News. :2thumbs:   I`ve read about the 68 Bengal Chargers before. Are they considered to be more desirable or any more valuable just because they are Bengal Chargers?

If this car turns out to be a legit similiar promotion, would this car be considered more desirable/valuable and a candidate for restoration  or is it "what it is" based on its drivetrain and options?   

Regardless, for $500 you cant go wrong.   BTW, i think the previously mentioned idea of contacting the Bengals PR dept is a good idea.

:iagree:     

like i said before intresting charger , would appreciate keeping  us updated with any new info & pictures . :popcrn:

Charger Stuff 

ds440

Congratulations, Dewey!  Man where do you find all these rare cars!  ;D

I'd ask the guy if he remembered what dealership his father bought the car from and start from there.  If it wasn't Kneer, then it might be a copycat promotion from another dealership - which opens up a whole new bag of worms.  He might not know/remember, but it could be a starting point.

I was thinking the same thing. ;D  But I have to be careful....I'm a Steeler in Bengal country.

66ragtop

I was thinking the same thing. ;D  But I have to be careful....I'm a Steeler in Bengal country.

Now that could be dangerous....remember to wear your helmet!

That is the same badging on the Bengal Charger owned by my teacher.  Cool find!!
Need Beer!  66 coronet 440 convertible, 99 ram 2500 cummins, 99 plymouth breeze, Dog (Bree) Ameri-Camp 32 ft. travel trailer (hence cummins)

ds440

66ragtop,
  Could this be your teacher's car? :o

Brock Samson

interesting for sure but don't ya' think San Diego would have the promotion?.. ya' Know "CHARGER"...  :shruggy:
are you gonna put it back to stock?..

72Rallye440

I'm going to get the car on Monday (hopefully). If anyone has any info on a 72 Bengal Charger PLEASE let me know. I'm not sure what I plan to do with the car but it may end up being a restoration project. I don't know if I see myself having it restored but I guess we will see. If I can't find any supporting documentation its nothing more than a basic orange 72 with really cool emblems!

Unfortunately I had to pay a more than $500 for it but that was the only way I could talk the guy into letting me have it. I'm hoping the car looks better on the bottom than it does the top. All I know is I could see the ground from the drivers side seat. I hate to see a car rust like this one has. Irontically enough, he told me it comes with a brand new car cover still in the box! :rotz: :rotz:

66ragtop

Quote from: ds440 on July 20, 2006, 05:27:21 PM
66ragtop,
  Could this be your teacher's car? :o
I don't think so, his had a black tail stripe on it also. :yesnod:

72Rallye440

Brock Samson,
I dont know, its an odd car. I though I've seen every possible 71-74 Dodge Charger over the years but I guess not! If I keep it, I think back to stock would be the way to go.

If the car is 34 years old and the guy I'm buying it from is the son of the original owner, he should remember where his dad bought it. Keep in mind this gentleman is at least 55-60 years old so he wasn't to young when it was bought (in theory anyway)! :icon_smile_big:

Thanks,
       Dewey

Bones68charger

What do the fender tags on the 68 Bengal Charger look like?

ds440

I 'think' this is the emblem off of '68.  It's the only one I could find.

Sorry about the small size. :-\

72Rallye440

Very interesting, I thought the emblems would be the same but there not even close! I have a list of questions I'm going to ask the seller after I get the title. I hope he can at least tell me where his dad bought the car.

Thanks for all your help and support everyone!

Dewey

bull

Quote from: twilt on July 19, 2006, 08:39:46 PM
:haha: :haha:  still haven`t gotten over the Super Bowl, have you?

Didn't care about the Superbowl, other than being glad the Chickenhawks lost. I didn't really care who accomplished it. :icon_smile_cool:

Chris G.

I don't know much about the '68 Bengal Charger, but can someone answer these for me.

1. As far as I know, orange was not an available color in 1968. Was the car painted at the dealership?

2. The fender tag and broadcast sheet don't really mean much when it comes to these cars, correct? I am under the impression that it's a dealer promotion, and not a factory deal. If it was an option, what was the code?

Thanks.  :yesnod:

tan top

as far as i know it is only the 999 paint code , there might be more stuff though .

Charger Stuff 

66ragtop

O.K.  Here's what I know.  The Cincinnati Bengals joined the NFL in 1968.  At that time a local dealer named Tom Kneer in Western Hills ( a Cincinnati suburb) came up with the idea to make a special edition Charger.  So he contacted Chrysler and was told that the only orange color available was the color used for Michigan Dept. of Transportation trucks.  And in order to get the Chargers made in that color, he would have to order a minimum of 50 cars.  So he did and he couldn't give them away.  They sat in a storage lot in Western Hills forever.  So maybe that's why he doesn't care to talk about the Bengal Charger, he probably lost his A$$ on the deal.  As far as the emblems, don't know if they were on the cars or if he had them made and installed them.  Cars were Orange with black vinyl roofs and black butt stripe (except for a few).  None were Hemi's.  Mostly /6, 318 and 383's.  Google it and you may find out more  :yesnod:

ds440

^^What he said^^ ;)

Just to add, the stripe WAS added at the factory (from what I've read) even to NON-R/T cars - making it a rather unique car.  I believe of the cars ordered only a 'few' were R/Ts.  And I always thought that the emblems were made in Cincinnati and added to the cars at the dealership. ??? Can't remember where I read that though...

There was pretty lengthy thread about this at one point (wasn't there?).  It was called something like "Bandero Charger" or "Bandera Charger." :yesnod:

72Rallye440

Does anyone know if Tom Kneer is still around here in Cincinnati? ??? It would be interesting to hear what he would have to say about the car.

Thanks,
      Dewey

66ragtop

Yes he is still around.  He lives on the north east side of Cincy but good luck talking to him about it.  I worked for him for 4 years before he sold out, nice guy and all but could not give a rats ass about the Bengal Charger.  During the time I worked there my buddy had the 3000 mile car.  I tried to talk to Tom about it and he just blew it off.  He's busy now spending his millions :yesnod:

greenpigs

Thats the first I have heard of a non 68 bungle Charger and I have been in Ohio 30+ years. I would bet the emblems are the only thing "special" about the car so a resto would be no harder than any other 3rd gen. Well cept the rust.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

tan top

i remember reading , don't no if it was on the net or in a magazine  that the Bengal emblems were dealer installed , or something like that . cannot be 100 % though

Charger Stuff 

72Rallye440

Well, the deed is done, I own another Charger! :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: We met at the DMV this morning and exchanged money and title. I need to figure out how to get the car out of a very steep driveway because the car has no brakes (at all)! After I do (if I do) I will take plenty of pictures for all of you to see.

I talked to him and asked about where his dad bought the car, etc and he doesn't remember. Apparently he was out of the house when the car was bought. Its been in his name since 1981 and his dad was the original owner. He thinks he has a packet containing the original paper work and maybe the window sticker!! He really wants to see the car fixed and put back on the road. I explained to him that with the proper paper work and doccumintation the car is worth fixing. If the car cant be documented than its just a orange Charger with two funky emblems on it. So I think he will take the time to try and find the info for me, lets hope anyway!

Stay tuned..............................................

Dewey

SeattleCharger

:o    :popcrn: :scared:   That would be cool to own such a rare car, I haven't heard of these before reading this thread, interesting for sure

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

72Rallye440

I ran by after work and pulled off the very rusty fender tags. They are hard to read because of the heavy rust. If anyone can help decode it please feel free, it would be much appreciated. Please keep in mind that all the digits might not be correct. Not very many listed options on the car at all.

There are 2 tags. The one on the left just has a big H in the center.

The second reads:
67154 143831 661 868
V4X  U
LV2 B2X9 TX9 C02 077953
44 D34 WL21G2A142764

Thanks,
     Dewey

Alaskan_TA

V4X  U
LV2 B2X9 TX9 C02 077953
44 D34 WL21G2A142764

44 should be E44 - 318 CID
D34 - Automatic transmission, 904
W -  Dodge
L - Low price class
21 - 2 door coupe
G - 318 CID
2 - Last digit of model year, 1972
A - Lynch Road assembly plant
142764 - Sequentail VIN

LV2 - Likely EV2 - Hemi orange paint
B2X9 - Interior code, it decodes like this;
B - B class
2 - Vinyl bench seat
X - Black
TX9 - Upper door frame paint, black
C02 - Scheduled production date, December 2nd, 1971 (1972 model year)
077953 - Vehicle order number

V4X - Halo vinyl top, black
U - Build for US sale

That is all I can do, the other codes are specific to Lynch Road built cars.

Have you checked for broadcast sheets yet? Very cool car, I hope the owner can find the window sticker and other papers for you.  :yesnod:

T/Ake care,
Barry

2fast4u

the mystery continues................    :scope:
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

72Rallye440

Barry,
Thanks for taking the time to do that for me, I apprecite it!

I'm hoping that he comes through with some type of paper trail, at least I hope!

Thanks,
        Dewey

ChargerHound69

Did you ask him if he has original paperwork, or are you still waiting?  Also, ask for old pictures, if any.

72Rallye440

Ok, here it is, a very rusty 72 orange Dodge Charger. I don't know anymore about the car than I did last week. The only other odd thing on the car that I found was the solid black door panels along with the solid black dash insert.

72Rallye440

Black door panels and dash insert........

72Rallye440

I don't see myself keeping the car but we will see what happens. It basically has no options and very badly rusted. It would cost a fortune to restore and unless I come up with the "Bengal Charger" answers it just ain't gonna happen!

I really appreciate everyone's help and info on the car over the last week. If anyone finds out anything else please let me know! If there is someone really interested in the car I would be interested in talking to you.

Thanks,
       Dewey

hemi-hampton

Dewey, e-mail me at hemihampton@wowway.com  THANKS, LEON.

2fast4u

SO.....What about the broadcast sheet?  Any luck finding that yet?   It may answer some of the questions at hand here!!

2fast

72Rallye440

2fast-
Looked behind the back seat but nothing there. I haven't checked anywhere else as of yet. There is nothing on the fender tag that lists anything odd. I'm still hopeful that someone on the board might find something about the car.

72Rallye440

I've decided to sell the Bengal Charger if I get the right offer. I've been thinking about it for several days and I just can't afford (time and money) another project. This car is in a condition that needs attention now. The money Il make from this car will help finance a few parts for my R/T. I'm sure I'll regret it down the road but I think its the right thing to do.

Thanks,
        Dewey

ds440

Hey Dewey,
  If you don't get any serious offers, you should consider taking the car to the Nats.  Who knows, maybe someone will see the car and know the story behind it (?).

Good luck.

72Rallye440

Thats a really good idea and I really thought about doing that, I appreciate it!

Dewey

2fast4u

There are 2 more places to check 72Rallye440 for that broadcast sheet....under the front seat and on top of the glovebox!  I found the buildsheet to my `73 Challenger on top of my glovebox....it was only dusty but completely legible!  :2thumbs:  There is also under the carpet but haven't heard of to many people finding them there!

2fast

TylerCharger69

http://www.dodgeforum.com/m_377304/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#377442

I don't see anywhere where there were Bengal Chargers made other than '68 to commemorate the bengals first year in the American league...that's a very tough one to call...it also states that most had 383  and 318's   a few slant sixes sneaked through..and the stripe was just an option....this link was all i could find

TylerCharger69

here's some info off of the ebay auction that caught my eye.    Researching this  it states that ALL  Bengal Chargers...all 50 of them...were made in Hamtramck...well  according to the fender tag......I'm going to have to say...in my honest opinion...it's a farce

V4X  U
LV2 B2X9 TX9 C02 077953
44 D34 WL21G2A142764

44 should be E44 - 318 CID
D34 - Automatic transmission, 904
W -  Dodge
L - Low price class
21 - 2 door coupe
G - 318 CID
2 - Last digit of model year, 1972
A - Lynch Road assembly plant
142764 - Sequential VIN

LV2 - Likely EV2 - Hemi orange paint
B2X9 - Interior code, it decodes like this;
B - B class
2 - Vinyl bench seat
X - Black
TX9 - Upper door frame paint, black
C02 - Scheduled production date, December 2nd, 1971 (1972 model year)
077953 - Vehicle order number

V4X - Halo vinyl top, black
U - Build for US sale

I can be wrong.....but I think you should find some more sources...unless you just want the car no matter what it is....