News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I may be changing the look of "Mr Angry" - need your thoughts.

Started by NYCMille, July 18, 2006, 10:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYCMille

SuBLimE 69 - DUDE! - I love your car... the sublime green looks awesome on the Charger, I wouldn't change it... although, I do know where your coming from.

SuBLimE 69

Oh NO !  I was gonna repaint it Sublime.  It just needs a repaint if I decide to show it.  That paint has been on there awhile and she has suffered a few door dings and chips....the black engine bay pisses me of everytime i look at it too.  She is a hella sexy 10 footer but no show car.

The R/T is a 69.  Straight body, orig motor and trans.  Two owner car and both owners were related.  The window sticker and broadcast sheet are supposed to be in a file cabnet somewhere but I havent actually seen them yet.  Hasn't ran since the early 80s and was last registered in 1981.  It's been stored in a nice dry basement/garage and the body in nice and straight.  There was even mail in the glove box dated 1981.  It's the perfect car for a "correct" resto if the paper workis located but I just don't want to unload the green car.  I could always buy it and watch it sit in my garage due to lack of funds i quess but we all hate those people.  I'd spend a ton on the resto since the car really needs to be done correct and that would be the reason I'd have to unload the green one. 

Now I promise to stop jacking the thread but if ya'll see the green car on eBag don't flip out.  it just means I bought another one.

Nah Mike, You gotta keep it the way it is man. 

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

Blusmbl

I've loved that triple black '68 ever since seeing it in Hot Rod 10 years ago.  Loved it then, love it even more now.  It was one of the reasons why mine is black with a black vinyl top now.

However, your car is unique enough as it is, I'd probably just leave it.  It's hard to improve on how stunning your '68 is.  The rims, the stripe, the stance, and the paint are just an awesome overall package.

How attached are you to the Grand Prix?  I love Pontiacs too, and wouldn't mind a '65 Bonneville or '69 GTO...
Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

Lowprofile

"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

firefighter3931

Mr. Angry is Unique....he's a one off and has his own persona.  :icon_smile_big:

I vote for keeping him the way he is.  :2thumbs:

If you're looking for some change, build a nice fuel injected 493 and stuff it under the hood....that should make both of you happy  :devil:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

suburbanfireman

NYCMille- You should do what you want with your car.  It's not like you can't switch it back later.  I don't know if you remember me, but I asked about the front (camaro) spoiler you put on your car.  I have been working on my 68 for about a year - NASCAR theme and all.  It's working out pretty good for my situation. 1).  I am just a poor city worker with 2 little kids.  It is far cheaper to paint my ratty bumpers gloss black than to re-chrome.  2). Black steel wheels are way cheaper - I bought 6 black steel wheels (4) have my street tires and now I have 2 matching rims with MT drag slicks mounted for weekend drag races.  3).  I'm putting in a roll bar and 5-point harness for drag racing anyway, but it helps with the NASCAR look.  4).  Figured I will get the car on the road with gutted interior for now, and I will search for nice interior stuff during winter ebay / swap meet deals.  Once again - gutted interior = Nascar look.  5). I have always liked how the exhaust pipes exit in front of the old challengers back tires - Nascars have similar exhaust set up.  Here is a pic of mine before I welded in the subframe connectors.  I think your car will look great either way.
Tim "The Toolman" Taylor: "I think I might be addicted to cars."

Jill Taylor: "Well, DUH!"

Tim "The Toolman" Taylor: "I'm thinking about checking myself into the Henry Ford Clinic!"

autodynamics

NYCMille

That is cool... I would lower it a little and I'm not sure about the go wing on a 68'. Whose car is this?

autodynamics

T16

NYCMille

Thanks for the link - problem is I need a minimum of an 17" or 18" to clear the front brake rotors... these only go to 15's

dkn1997

Quote from: NYCMille on August 11, 2006, 02:48:35 PM
. these only go to 15's

"ours go to 11."

"why not just make 10 the loudest?"

"Yes, but ours go to 11"
RECHRGED

T16

Finn

sorry to bring back an old thread but seeing as it was linked from mikes tease thread lol

Anyway I was just thinking about the whole nascar thing (which I really dig) and the other thing I could think of adding are those black slats like the Boss's had but tucked in between the sail pans following the ridge down to the trunk.
Course that would probably cutting into the car and I don't think nascar (or dodge even) ever used them...
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

SFRT

I'd also put a 1 " drop spindle on the front and radius some front fenders........
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brock Samson

Quote from: Finn on May 10, 2008, 09:56:15 AM
sorry to bring back an old thread but seeing as it was linked from mikes tease thread lol

Anyway I was just thinking about the whole nascar thing (which I really dig) and the other thing I could think of adding are those black slats like the Boss's had but tucked in between the sail pans following the ridge down to the trunk.
Course that would probably cutting into the car and I don't think nascar (or dodge even) ever used them...

Charger rear window slats were listed in the J.C. Whiney Catologe intill the mid-80s they wen't actually in stock and I've never seen one but I allways thought that would be a bitchen add on myself, and to add one as an actual intrigal mod. would lead to window washing problems but look bitchen.
I agree with Frank, a NASCAR style front wheel well would be in my all time
fav. Mods too.

Highbanked Haulers Charger 500.

SFRT

I am going to make some radius wells and convert  my old fenders into a set of Nascar style ones when I replace them. I also think at some point I am going to
put in one of those aftermarket front ends with a dropped spindle, so I can swap fenders once in a while as I feel like it and go from 'stock' to 'racy'.

my old fenders are a little 'soft' from 2 much sheetmetal work, so its no great loss...but perfect candidates for experimentation.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brock Samson

Harlow

I like that look. I wouldn't mind doing something similar just maybe not a spoiler. 

TripleBlackGator

Well Mike your not going to like this but I can't stand black wheels, white lettering on tires, flat black hoods (unless their factory) and the same goes for spoilers but hey, it's your car and like you said yourself you can easily change it back. What ever happened to the '69 you bought from one of the members? Inquiring minds want to know.   :D
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

Sinister68

-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

JerseyJoe

Quote from: dkn1997 on August 11, 2006, 04:44:31 PM
Quote from: NYCMille on August 11, 2006, 02:48:35 PM
. these only go to 15's

"ours go to 11."

"why not just make 10 the loudest?"

"Yes, but ours go to 11"

You're speakin' my language.....

Mike, your car is the look I want for my '70... it's awesome  :2thumbs:

Wango Mango

Quote from: ds440 on July 18, 2006, 02:48:25 PM
First and foremost, I wouldn't change a thing - your car is beautiful.

But, here's my attempt (looks like 4forty beat me to it ;D):
- I placed the car on a white backgroud, so it's not so distracting.
- I tried bigger tires, but I couldn't get it to look right, so I just placed some Goodyear logos on there.
- Only went with one side exhaust - I thought two might be a bit much, and I checked a reference shot with the K&K car (which had only one).
- Got rid of your antenna, but you know it's still there. ;)
- Hard to get the six pack hood to look right, b/c I didn't have any profile shots for reference.
AWESOME look, but I'd can the Six Pack hood for some NASA scoops.  Won't break up the stealthy, sleek look that the flat Charger hood has.  I'd put the NASA scoops rearward of the nacell indents where the blinkers are.   Or just use the same NASCAR air cleaner that feed off the base of the windshield.   IMO, the single side pipe looks best.  Like the Goodyear on the tires, too. 

pettyfan43

MAN what a way to bring back an old thread. BUT I gotta say, I'm GLAD Mike never did this stuff to Mr Angry and decided to do another car.

Mr Angry is THE coolest Dodge Charger I have EVER seen!  I LOVE that thing!  I think it is THE epitome of the 68-70 Charger as far as how they SHOULD look.
I've owned some cool ones, and seen some really nice cars, I know people with REALLY nice Chargers, and NONE can compare to that black beauty!

To me that is THE CAR!!!!

Thanks for leaving that one alone!!!!!!!!!    :yesnod: :yesnod: