News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I may be changing the look of "Mr Angry" - need your thoughts.

Started by NYCMille, July 18, 2006, 10:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plum500

Quote from: NYCMille on July 18, 2006, 02:42:24 PM
4forty -  :o :o :o WOW!

I am simply DIGGIN IT!!... oh man, how do explain this to the wife! I'll tell ya', this REALLY puts some ideas in my head. Honestly I think that looks killer... it's total overkill in everyway but I really like it.

Thanks Man.

What does everyone think of this? Would you do it or not... remember, there is nothing that could not be undone - wheels and hood and could swapped out in an hour - the exhaust and deck lid spoiler would be permanent though.

Do/can the mufflers sit in the same position if the exhaust is coming out the side? -- could fabricate a setup so you could easily bolt on whatever set of pipes you felt like running.

NYCMille

First off, thanks to everyone who replied to this thread - this is really cool.

Plum500 - YOU A PHOTOSHOP MASTER! THANK YOU! - it really does bring up some ideas.

DS440 - big thanks to you also, it's great to see everyone's renditions.

I really like the ARR style front air dam, really nice touch as is the rear spoiler - not too crazy, just enough to make everyone take a second look. It seems you thinned out the 6-pack scoop which is also a nice touch. As for the exhaust, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to run a cut-out exhaust system and set it up with bolt-up flanges and gaskets to run either a side or rear exit, you could probably fab it up and just keep the hangers in place.

It's amazing how some subtle alterations can change the whole look and feel of the car. We went from Pro-touring to MAD MAX to NASCAR all in one thread. Really great.

Again - thanks for all this guys :yesnod:, I love this board - MIKE

SuBLimE 69

It looks good but I think your car is bad ass as is and I wouldn't change a thing or change the simple stuff so you can always switch back to the current look.  I'd be heart broke to see you change the car but IT'S YOURS so do whatever you like.  I would like a price for your curent rims if you do make the swap.....

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

mikepmcs

Quote from: 4forty on July 18, 2006, 02:30:58 PM
I wouldn't change anything, your car is incredible as is....but the the old-style nascar look is very cool!

This look is the best if you have to change your car.  I agree with a few others, I wouldn't touch it, but I like 4forty's the best, but you would have to lose the stripes on the rear to make it look killer but then it's not able to be undone anymore.  my question is, in your first pic, is that what your grill looks like now or did you photo that in there? 
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

MassCharger73

I'd ditch the hood scoop and the stripes if you want the NASCAR look. IMO the widened steel wheels would best suit the sixties racecar look. Love the spoilers and the side exhaust.  :yesnod:
1973 Charger

cudacharger

Quote from: plum500 on July 18, 2006, 03:46:50 PM
Couple more... tailpipes still out the back though...

I love the mean look......awesome!

471_Magnum

You might check these out (click pic for details):

They are available in 16" and 17" diameters. Looks as if you're limited to 16x8 though with the needed offset.

All that said, I like the current look, but I know exactly where you're coming from.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Lightning

I love it!   I was just gonna spoof a "General Lee" with mine(whenever I get me a Charger that is), but still doing that kind of look on top of it.

Dr. Gas makes some sidepipe-tipped mufflers, they are...*digs out his Dr. Gas catalog*...$519.95 for a 3" pipe

well, I think I'm wanting to do that with a 3rd gen now...
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69charger2002

NYMille your car is one of my top 3 favorites on the site as is. PERIOD. even beats out all of my own. i personally don't like the nascar look all that much, but hey it's your car, do it if you want to. just remember, it is FINEEEE as it is
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

NYCMille

Thanks guys for all the replies... I showed the pics to my wife last night and she walked out of the room... pissed commenting that she would not ride in the car if I changed it up. Then I showed the thread to my partner, he basically called me a smuck and said he would not permit me to go backwards and the reigns must be pulled back on my enthusiasm.

My wife then said that if I wanted a Charger like this that I should sell my 69 Pontiac Grand Prix SJ and just build another Charger... hmm. Fact is I really like the Nascar look.

Dunno what to do. ???

tan top

Quote from: NYCMille on July 19, 2006, 07:01:36 AM
Thanks guys for all the replies... I showed the pics to my wife last night and she walked out of the room... pissed commenting that she would not ride in the car if I changed it up. Then I showed the thread to my partner, he basically called me a smuck and said he would not permit me to go backwards and the reigns must be pulled back on my enthusiasm.

My wife then said that if I wanted a Charger like this that I should sell my 69 Pontiac Grand Prix SJ and just build another Charger... hmm. Fact is I really like the Nascar look.

Dunno what to do. ???

just an idea  sell the pontiac ,and then build a propper  nascar  replica charger 500  using the re popped parts. i can see it now black paint  the same suspension and braking as on your 68 , the widest black bassett nascar wheels you can fit , big HEMI with a manual box and 2:76:1 gears , lowered etc etc  :drive:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Troy

Even though I sort of like the racecar look, I think the car is nearly perfect "as is" and you'd be going backwards by messing with it. I am going through the same predicament with mine - but it is a blank slate since it's not finished yet. In the end, I'll probably stick with something less subdued and more of a sleeper since that's the style I've always loved. I have the advantage of owning 4 cars though so I can have multiple styles without having to compromise. :D

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

hemi68charger

Mike..
I'm not sure about that grille....... Why don't you try and make it look like a 69 Charger 500? Dayclona makes the bracket package or you can make the brackets yourself. I did on two of mine.......... You can get a 68 Coronet grille most anywhere... I like the look of the black steelies...............

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

ramit

DON'T CHANGE A THING!  I realize it is you car but you CAN'T  do whatever you want to it. ;D

Brock Samson

Nothing says nascar to me like Highbanks' Hauler!  :laugh:
It's the front clip man! What I want is the Air box in the cowl thing!...

o.k.
I neeed to go take a shower now...

speaking of badassed cars, where's Black an Blown?..

my favorite cars guys... really.

and a shout out to Daytona Guy here...

ok ok..

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

dkn1997

if you go with the nascar look, get a set of donor bumpers, paint them black, and throw them on.  the photoshops look great, but the chrome on the bumpers is out of place.
RECHRGED

4402tuff4u

Mike that's a cool idea, but I have to admit that your car is awesome as it is!! The guy down in Georgia that I bought my 68 from was into NASCAR and was going to convert my Charger into a NASCAR looking Charger too, i.e the black rims with white letter tires. I'm glad he lost interest in doing that and decided to sell instead. It would have been pretty bad to convert the number matching R/T to a NASCAR Charger - yikes!! But I do like your thought and idea. It sure would be interesting seeing it on the fast lane on Southern State flicking the lights to move cars out of the way!!! :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_wink:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

SuBLimE 69

Quote from: NYCMille on July 19, 2006, 07:01:36 AM

Dunno what to do. ???

Anyday you can ditch a Pontiac for a $$ to buy a Mopar IS A GOOD DAY and when the wife gives you the "go ahead" its a no brainer !  I would hate to see that car changed.  I can understand wanting to switch things up though.  I have wanted to repaint mine for about a year but I can't decide which way to go with it.  Johnathan aka: Eastcoast Chargers said he could help me with the paint and I really would want someone with his skill behind the gun so I was building the funds to have him tackle it.  Then last week I stumbled across a black/black, stripe delete, 4spd, 440 RT car that i can get for a great price.  Now I have a hard decision....I can stay on track with mine and paint.... or I can unload the Sublime machine and pick up this RT and have almost enough $$ to finsih a really nice optioned car.
I brought this to my wifes attention and she wasn't real happy either.  She also suggested sellling off some of my other toys and having two Chargers.  So, i asked a few other people and they all flamed me for even considering selling mine.....
Not trying to jack your thread there just explaining my problem and how having the "wanna change it up" bug can suck.

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

plum500

It's definitely a bug with the obvious solution of having more than one Charger. I've been trying to wrap a happy medium of all things into my '71 project and the plans change daily. I'll settle on something...then see something else, go "wow", hmm... then see something else...

Ahhhh to have more time, money, and the space :)

Rack

Quote from: ds440 on July 18, 2006, 02:48:25 PM
First and foremost, I wouldn't change a thing - your car is beautiful.

But, here's my attempt (looks like 4forty beat me to it ;D):
- I placed the car on a white backgroud, so it's not so distracting.
- I tried bigger tires, but I couldn't get it to look right, so I just placed some Goodyear logos on there.
- Only went with one side exhaust - I thought two might be a bit much, and I checked a reference shot with the K&K car (which had only one).
- Got rid of your antenna, but you know it's still there. ;)
- Hard to get the six pack hood to look right, b/c I didn't have any profile shots for reference.

Looks like the mopar version of the Road Warrior's car.

Look awesome.

I agree with most others here though, you're car kicks ass the way it is. Sell the other car and get yourself another charger and do whatever you want to it w/o even asking anyone what they think.  :yesnod:

472 R/T SE

I think you'd be going backwards to anything you did to your car.  It's awesome just the way it is.

Having 2 Mopars is always the next best thing tho.

Brock Samson

Sublime what yr is the black black car?..

BTW: Great Price means Buy it.  ;D