News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I may be changing the look of "Mr Angry" - need your thoughts.

Started by NYCMille, July 18, 2006, 10:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYCMille

Hey guys -

I am going through a viseral crises here. Most you know what my Charger looks like in it's current state, but I am thinking of changing it up a little bit and getting away from the pro-tour for awhile look and heading down the NASCAR path. Plus I am setting the car up more for handling now and the different size wheels that I currently have on the Charger 17's/18's are not optimum for handling.

I am not going to do anything that is irrevesbile, but I like the fact that I may be able to change the whole look and feel of the car in the span of 1 hours time.

Here's what I'm thinking -

- black 17" NASCAR basset style wheels (if I can find them in that size) - I need them to clear the 13" rotors in the front
- 17x8's front / 17x10's rear with white lettered Goodyear stenciled on the sidewalls
- satin black 6-pack style fiberglass hood clear coated w/hood pins
- small custom trunk lip spoiler

These changes are minor but can really change the look and feel of the car... basically I want this!

Opinions please - thanks - Mike

plum500

Sounds good to me.

What have you got on there for exhaust tips...they welded on? -- something not tapered in a natural finish -- or just the pipes for that matter, might suit what you are going for better too.

Blown70

HMMM,  I really like to look now but it is your car and maybe the change would look good too.

Tom

NYCMille

Blown70

Hey PLUM could you photoshop on some of those steelies?

Tom

plum500

...just wanted to do a quick search of some that could be put right on with a couple of resizes, rotates, smudges and blurs...you know me and my time skills ...:)

This doesn't reflect reducing the back from 18 to 17 or any stance change...  -- just pasted over existing rims....

Brock Samson

Dom,  ;D
Since your missing the side water drip rails it looks kind'a stripped there,.. badass for sure but plain.. IMO..
I like where your going on this though... I think the wheel rim needs to be chromed at least...
rear spoiler is a great idea to match the front.

NYCMille

oooh... I'm liking this A LOT!...

I'm thinking the rear lip spoiler will powercoated black, not a bushed steel... Can you polish the very outer lip of a steel wheel? Would this pic be better to photoshop?

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

Gentlemen... design the perfect nascar replica Charger - let's see what we can come up with!

plum500

One more... Here's what I meant by the tail pipes -- I'll do a quick polished ring around the wheels in a second... then I have to get back to work :D

Edit: Just tried to throw a ring around the wheels - didn't work so well, but it may be the pic and the way I'm doing it. That side on shot would be easier for that -- take a polished rim and combine with black steelies. Dunno.

From a distance and the quick chop, I like all black -- the polished rim might have a "white walled" look to it from a distance...

I think the white (Goodyear) lettering would help alot with the appearance.

NYCMille

Blown70

Mike,

I too think it maybe too plain?  I like those wheels, what you gunna do with them... :devil:

Thanks FRED for doing the photoshop.

Tom

Brock Samson

I'd do the pipes nascar style, pokin back from just ahead of the rear tires.

NYCMille

plum500 - BIG THANKS!

This is coming along very nicely... I was looking at the Basset wheels but they only come in 15's... what about a custom of billet NASCAR style steelies.. say 17's or 18's power coated black.

Brock - the side exit exhaust would be killer, maybe some oval tubing with Mercedes G55 AMG exhaust tips.

Brock Samson

i'd keep it all biz. all those tipps would look too much IMO...

EDIT:

A spoiler lip of Carbon Fiber would look pretty effin cool...  :icon_smile_wink:

another thought/s is a T/A hoop scoop and also concider Mini-light wheels... (though Some folks don't like 'em I hear...  :icon_smile_dissapprove:)

sequencial blue dotts in back and modern high intensitys in the forward parking lamp/ turn signal location.

http://www.minilite.co.uk/magnesium1.html

NYCMille

dodgecharger-fan

Cool idea! I think it will make for an interesting car.
Definitely would benefit from some white letter tires.

I think because of the angle ot was taken at, that first picture evokes the term "pony car" when I look at it. Very T/A or AAR looking. Especially the front half of the car.

4forty

I wouldn't change anything, your car is incredible as is....but the the old-style nascar look is very cool!

Lowprofile

Stockton Wheel could make you some wheels to your personal specs.  I love the NASCAR/Roadrace look. Thats the way I'm going w/my 70' R/T. Maybe Steelies w/dogdish caps or customized 70' Roadwheels?  Just my  :blahblah: :Twocents:

BTW, Love your car Bro.  :2thumbs:  Can't wait to see the new look.  :icon_smile_big:

http://www.stocktonwheel.com
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

NYCMille

4forty -  :o :o :o WOW!

I am simply DIGGIN IT!!... oh man, how do explain this to the wife! I'll tell ya', this REALLY puts some ideas in my head. Honestly I think that looks killer... it's total overkill in everyway but I really like it.

Thanks Man.

What does everyone think of this? Would you do it or not... remember, there is nothing that could not be undone - wheels and hood and could swapped out in an hour - the exhaust and deck lid spoiler would be permanent though.

ds440

First and foremost, I wouldn't change a thing - your car is beautiful.

But, here's my attempt (looks like 4forty beat me to it ;D):
- I placed the car on a white backgroud, so it's not so distracting.
- I tried bigger tires, but I couldn't get it to look right, so I just placed some Goodyear logos on there.
- Only went with one side exhaust - I thought two might be a bit much, and I checked a reference shot with the K&K car (which had only one).
- Got rid of your antenna, but you know it's still there. ;)
- Hard to get the six pack hood to look right, b/c I didn't have any profile shots for reference.
1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

tan top

Quote from: 4forty on July 18, 2006, 02:30:58 PM
I wouldn't change anything, your car is incredible as is....but the the old-style nascar look is very cool!
:iagree:  the old style  grand national ( nascar) look , makes for a bad ass ride  .
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

plum500

Lowprofile

How about a set of these done up NASCAR Style.......17x10's & 17x8's, maybe powder-coated Black? or keep them Chrome!  Just a thought
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

plum500