News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Should i cut up a 68 charger?

Started by snooter, May 08, 2008, 06:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusty lee

nothing can't be undone.  do it  :hack:    my  :Twocents:

375instroke

Have you really looked at the detail on the '68 lights?  I read they were inspired by jet exhausts.  In an old Car & Driver or Motor Trend I have from '67 says the new '68 Charger was inspired by the Corvette.  Funny reading how they talk about head room and luggage space.  How could anyone think that this:

looks anything like this turd?

Hemidog

I was also one of those who loves 68 grille and 69 taillights. But the 68 taillights has won me over!  :coolgleamA:

Joshua

Hmmm......you sold your '69 to a buddy and found a '68....and now wanna put a '69 tailpanel on it???
Why'd ya sell the '69 in the first place if that's what you like???

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Joshua on May 09, 2008, 11:59:03 AM
Hmmm......you sold your '69 to a buddy and found a '68....and now wanna put a '69 tailpanel on it???
Why'd ya sell the '69 in the first place if that's what you like???

That's what I was thinking. The boy's a couple slices short of a full pizza. :image_294343:
I'm not a big fan of the '68 taillights either, but I sure wouldn't go hack up one to change them...unless that rear panel was about ready to fall out on it's own from rust, then maybe.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bull

I bought a '68 because the tail and marker lights are round. If you want both then buy both. Leave it alone and go buy a Vega if you don't like the way Chrysler designed the Charger.

Back N Black

Quote from: Hemidog on May 09, 2008, 11:40:39 AM
I was also one of those who loves 68 grille and 69 taillights. But the 68 taillights has won me over!  :coolgleamA:

Love the fatties in the rear.  :2thumbs:

rav440

Quote from: moparstuart on May 08, 2008, 08:35:30 PM
68 is the best charger body style  dont cut it , buy a 69or 70

right  :2thumbs:

how can one not like the round tail lights  :shruggy:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

Old Moparz

Quote from: bull on May 09, 2008, 01:20:07 PM
I bought a '68 because the tail and marker lights are round. If you want both then buy both. Leave it alone and go buy a Vega if you don't like the way Chrysler designed the Charger.

Hey Bull, imagine how joyous you'd be if a round car like the VW Beetle had round tail lights & side markers?   :nana:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

BB1

Delete my profile

squeakfinder

I don't think this is about taillights. I think this is the same old shit about turning another car into genl lee replica. :horse:
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

snooter

im a yank...why the hell would i want to emulate southern folk? :icon_smile_big:

bull

Quote from: Old Moparz on May 09, 2008, 08:49:57 PM
Quote from: bull on May 09, 2008, 01:20:07 PM

Hey Bull, imagine how joyous you'd be if a round car like the VW Beetle had round tail lights & side markers?   :nana:

Sounds good. Maybe snooter should look into that instead.

twenty mike mike

Your topic title says it all...deep down inside, you know it's wrong.

moparstuart

68's rule       bullit rules!
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

suntech

The 68 is my favorite, it has a bass FRONT and REAR!!! :D :D
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

cbaz

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

squeakfinder

Quote from: snooter on May 09, 2008, 10:17:33 PM
im a yank...why the hell would i want to emulate southern folk? :icon_smile_big:

:icon_smile_blackeye:
Welp, I guess you got an opinion from this thread. Maybe not what you wanted to hear.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....