News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Jimshine and mikepmcs brought home awards yesterday

Started by mikepmcs, July 17, 2006, 01:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

Me and Jim/Matt Shine placed second and third yesterday for our General Lee's in the 60's modified category and I placed 1st in the 50's modified category with my 55 Prostreet.
This was at Twitchell's Airport Fly in and Car show in Turner, Maine.   Roughly 343 cars were registered so it was a great turnout and a good time.  Congrats to Jim and his brother Matt. 
Sweet! :icon_smile_big:
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Mefirst

JimShine

Congrats to you Mike. Two trophies without even trying.

We hung out in Mike's enclosed trailer all day (dubbed the Clubhouse) to avoid serious burn. Mike had this idea to collect all of the crazy stories we heard from spectators. So he started writing them down. We collected some real winners! My favorite was "Do you guys have the compressor installed in the trunk like the car on the show?" Or, "Remember they had that switch inside the car that would change the color when they pressed it?"

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Shakey

Beer

Sorry I missed it I am on the rig, get home Thursday nite, being I was the photographer of the show shine and drag, sorry to have failed on this show!

Hey! Recycle the picture from the SSD...

Beer

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

Rack

Congratulations, Fellas!

I agree... we need pics!  :yesnod:

Beer

Any more shows up our way over the next three weeks?

Beer
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

MassCharger73

1973 Charger

Telvis

JimShine

Mike can tell you what is coming up. Here are a few pics. I will get more up later.

firefighter3931

Nice looking GL's....a round of  :cheers: to the 'Shine brothers & Mike  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

mikepmcs

Quote from: Beer on July 17, 2006, 08:09:12 PM
Any more shows up our way over the next three weeks?

Beer

Thanks for all the nice words fellas.  Sorry about the pics cause I failed again to bring my camera(early in the morning takeoff)  I know the next show up my way is in Litchfield, Me.(aug 13th)  I don't expect Jim and Matt to travel that far but I'll try to get em out here.   Also, there is supposed to be another show right here in my town of readfield coming up but haven't nailed the date yet.  It's always better when both our GL's are there cause they are a good contrast between the TV and new movie cars.   We just lucked out and it happened that way, but wouldn't have it any other way.  We have a great time with the crowd and I love all the youngsters that come up and want pictures.  We love to blow the horn and let em climb into the cars to get pictures, that is priceless and worth everything to me.  I really like the adults that come up with this stuff about Charger trivia that is so funny.  My favorite comment yesterday was "yeah, but those arent't really 69 Chargers" as they are standing in front of 2 1969 Chargers. 

Oh yeah, there is the Lions show in Oxford on the 5th/6th of august as well.  It's a 2 day'r so I gotta find out when the car show is.  My guess is Sunday, cause they all seem to be on Sunday.

Anyways, thanks again all, and we'll keep you posted "Beer"

Here's a pic courtesy of Beer.   
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

MassCharger73

Did Einstein give you any indication what your fake 69 Chargers were ?
1973 Charger

mikepmcs

Quote from: MassCharger73 on July 18, 2006, 07:07:28 AM
Did Einstein give you any indication what your fake 69 Chargers were ?

No, but my buddy Ryan that drives my trailer for me(55 hauler) got into a semi argument with another guy about the year that was close to this.  Mind you, these are not kids saying these things but 35-45 yo men.  Obviously if it were kids it would be way acceptable and understood.

Guy:  They didn't use 69's in the Dukes Of Hazzard, they used 67's.
Ryan:  I'm pretty sure they used 68 and 69 for the shows and the movies
Guy:  No, I'm sure it was 67
Ryan: You're a moron.

Matt Shine's idea is to put a table in front of the cars next show with a guest book like thingy there that says, share your Dukes trivia here.  Then I'm going to take all the good stuff and write a book.

Oh yeah it isn't just those cars.  One guy was walking around my 55 early in the morning and I could hear him saying it was a 56. No biggie, I walked up to him and said actually sir it's a 1955, he said no it's a 56.  I said hi, my name is Mike and I own the car, it's a 1955.  I still don't think he believed me.  oop another shameless reason to post a pic of my 55, :icon_smile_big:

bull

Another member named Mike (472 RT/SE) got a second place plaque at the Woodburn Mopar Nationals last Sunday. Way to go Mikes!

JimShine

The one that Ryan heard that was funny was the guys that came up talking to each other

Guy 1-"Wow, they made their cars look like the General Lee"
Guy 2-" Yeah, kind of".

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html