News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Salvage Yard / Road Pics from the CA Coast

Started by Shakey, July 17, 2006, 06:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

I was out in CA last week on business and as usual, took some time for myself.  I flew into LA on Tuesday and flew home from SF on Friday.

I stopped in Pismo Beach, CA for one night and found some salvage yards close by the next AM.  As is almost always the case, no one had any older stuff however one fella did.

He had told me he had a '68 and a '69 as well as a few other Mopars.  Neither of the Charger's were for sale and the same applies to any parts.  He had told me that he would let me look at them and take a few pics for you folks.  Again he stressed that no parts were for sale.  This didn't bother me as I don't need anything major for my car to be complete.

Anyways, here are some pics for you.

Shakey

And a few more...

Shakey

And some more...

Shakey

And even more....

Shakey

Driving up the 101 I noticed a huge cloud of smoke.  Brush fire season in CA.  :yesnod:

tan top

looks to be good parts left on that  yellow 69  :scope:   , did you see  what was that 68 was XS/XP ?            good pitcures ( shakey) thanks for posting
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Blown70

NICE PICS.

I suppose he is waiting for them to rot into the ground?  Ohh well his cars to do what he wishes....

THANKS FOR SHARING.

Tom

THE CHARGER PUNK

its funny how some people dont know the value of 2nd gen chargers eh?, just last week my dads buddy was higher up ina place called castlergar,B.C. and he passed the local wrecker yard just moments b4 a 68 hit the crusher,he managed to grab the turn signal indictators in the hood b4 she was crushed-MATT

MoparMotel

My Grandma lives in Pismo and i have never heard of those yards, i stay up there with her sometimes and have never seen a salvage yard
1968 Dodge Charger

Jim in LA

wow, what cool pics, shakey. thanks for posting!

"yards" like these typically get bought out by larger yards when the owner dies or the city where they're located wants to rezone the land and does so . . .

nothing worse than letting good cars rot - except crushing them, of course.  :flame:

Shakey

Quote from: tan top on July 17, 2006, 10:21:18 AM
looks to be good parts left on that  yellow 69  :scope:   , did you see  what was that 68 was XS/XP ?            good pitcures ( shakey) thanks for posting

The grille on the '69 was in great shape.

I ended up talking the guy into selling me the 6-way seat track.

The '68 was an XP - 383.

I might have some more pics coming as I am heading to NM & TX on Tuesday of this week.

Shakey

Quote from: MoparMotel on July 17, 2006, 01:23:33 PM
My Grandma lives in Pismo and i have never heard of those yards, i stay up there with her sometimes and have never seen a salvage yard

Next time you visit her ask her to show you the yellow pages.  I found about 10 - 15 yards all in and around the area.

Rocky

Camp Roberts is always on fire.  Tracer rounds and dry brush don't mix. 

Rack

Quote from: Shakey on July 17, 2006, 05:34:04 PM

The '68 was an XP - 383.

I might have some more pics coming as I am heading to NM & TX on Tuesday of this week.

Where in Texas you headed, if you don't mind me asking?

Shakey

Quote from: Rack on July 18, 2006, 12:26:35 AM

The '68 was an XP - 383.

Austin & Houston

Rack

Quote from: Shakey on July 18, 2006, 08:24:53 PM
Quote from: Rack on July 18, 2006, 12:26:35 AM

The '68 was an XP - 383.

Austin & Houston

Austin is great.

Houston is a toilet. Flooding is relatively common in Houston as well.

No offense to anyone that lives in Houston.