News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bought a new toy today...pics..56k fugget it.

Started by Wakko, July 12, 2006, 10:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuBLimE 69

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

Wakko

Quote from: Troy on July 14, 2006, 12:43:25 PM
Quote from: dodge freak on July 14, 2006, 12:34:39 PM
I am glad I don't need a gun to feel like a man, a fast car , hot girl maybe, but not no gun.
He's a cop (and single, and lives alone, and has a gun safe). I'm glad you're secure in your manhood though....

Troy

I have all three, Dodge Freak.  Doesn't make me feel any more like a man than that one thing that MAKES me a man.  I have hobbies and one of which is firearms collecting.  My father is a collector and I got it from him I guess.  I'm also scheduled to be a firearms instructor at work and am already trained in their handling.  Like Troy said, I do have a safe for my weapons/magazines/ammo/knives.  I also have a house alarm with special instructions to the police alerting them that 1)I'm on the job and 2) the house contains firearms. 

I never understood how people with silly hobbies like old cars (totally impractical, right?) can not understand firearms collecting.  Just like a Charger that will hold it's value, firearms ALSO hold their value.   
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

dodge freak

Heck if the government one day bans the sale of those guns again, those might go way up in value. I guess I just think of all the harm it could do in the wrong hands. Car can kill also so I can see your point. Just did not think it was funny joking that you could not find some magazine for another assault weapon.

charger490

i like my guns better charger490

Wakko

Quote from: charger490 on July 15, 2006, 09:14:19 AM
i like my guns better charger490

So do I!!!!!   What is that, for us non military experienced folks?

DF, I wasn't kidding at all about my magazines.  I had two 40 round magazines in a box of 7.62x39 mm ammo and both the box and the magazines are missing.  Found them at my dad's house, but I was irritated that I couldn't find them when I wanted them. 

As far as there being a ban on these again, it makes no difference.  All the assault weapons ban did was disallow certain combinations of parts on a rifle.  For example, if my AR was a "post ban" weapon, it would have a fixed stock and the flash supressor would be permanently affixed.  Oh, and probably no bayonet lug.  My stock is collapsible and I believe the supressor unscrews, but I haven't tried.  I do have a bayonet lug.  To me none of those items make my rifle any more deadly than a bolt action .308 hunting rifle.    I don't think the AWB has much chance of returning anytime soon.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Lightning

when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

Chargerguy74

Quote from: Wakko on July 14, 2006, 05:44:24 AM
I have to admit I had to google the VZ58...hadn't heard of it before.  Reads to be a fine weapon...let me know when you get it!

Wakko, picked up 2 7.62x39s yesterday. I settled on the VZ-858 Tactical. I went with it over the VZ-58 because I could legally use it for big game hunting if I want. The rifle is excellent, very light, and very fast. I dont really mind the wood impregnated plastic grips and stock, but would prefer real wood. Cleaned the grease off and out of it, then fired 100 rounds through it with zero problems. I do prefer the loading of this rifle over the loading of my SKS-D. The VZ can be loaded with the mag fixed by the use of stripper clips, the SKS-D (ak 47 mags) must be loaded 1 by 1 or with the use of a mag loader. The VZ mags are made of tin, but are less than half the price of Ak mags. The VZ mag is a tight fit in the rifle, compared to the sloppy AK mag in the sks. The rifle looks to be very accurate, but I never really tested the accuracy yet, just the speed. It hops around a lot being so light, but has no real kick. The rifle came with 4 30 round mags and pouch, a bayonet, sling, and cleaning kit. The flach supressor was not included so I'll have to buy one seperate. This rifle is in new condition, it sat for a long time and would be about 40 years old....very happy with it. And not bad for $650 Candian. The VZ-58 was about $395.

Ryan
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Wakko

Post some pics!!  Might have to add that to the list of "Don't need, but must have..."
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Chargerguy74

I'll take some today, and try to post tonight or tomorrow (starting today I have to travel for computer access).
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002