News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Funny but true.

Started by 73chgrSE, July 13, 2006, 09:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73chgrSE

When I bought my home in '97 I didn't think about measuring the garage depth. Turns out I had to knock out a wall in order to get my car all the way in my garage and be able to close the door.  :yesnod: No lie! 

Who needs a closet in a garage anyway?

AirborneSilva

did the people before you have mini coopers  ???

Silver R/T

that sucks, but youve got garage now anyways
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bull

Quote from: AirborneSilva on July 13, 2006, 11:13:19 PM

Lots of homes built back in the 40s and 50s had just a one-car, very small garage if they had any. Two-car garages back then, depending on the region, were a luxury like three- and four-car garages today. There's no way I could have gotten my Charger in the garage at my old house. I've only got 2 1/2 feet of extra room behind it now in my new house.

4402tuff4u

I've seen a good share of garages that have been modified like you mentioned to allow the whole vehicle to fit. Not a rare sight out here in LI, NY. From the outside it looks like part of a shed has been added to the garage. It's a quick fix so that you don't have to get involved with extending the roof line of garage or the footing for that matter. Only seen it to address the car length issue, not width. :yesnod:   
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

73dodge

Quote from: bull on July 14, 2006, 12:24:43 AM
Quote from: AirborneSilva on July 13, 2006, 11:13:19 PM

Lots of homes built back in the 40s and 50s had just a one-car, very small garage if they had any. Two-car garages back then, depending on the region, were a luxury like three- and four-car garages today. There's no way I could have gotten my Charger in the garage at my old house. I've only got 2 1/2 feet of extra room behind it now in my new house.

Well I had the same problem except, are you ready for this. I had my house built in 2000. Talk about short sightedness. I did not own a Charger back then and when I looked at the plans for my house I did not realize the dimensions for the garage were so small. After the house was built I could BARELY fit my Dodge Intrepid and my 2003 Dodge Caravan in at the same time. when you parked side by side you had to turn sideways to get between the cars. Now I have my Charger in it with no wheels no K-member and no front end installed and I do not have room to work on it. So chalk one up for stupidity on my part for not measuring the dimension of my garage before I had it built. Plus I have a just enough room to put in a work bench and shelves.

Oh well, my NEXT house will be on 200 Acres of land with a seperate garage that is 3000 Sq. feet at least.
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

Orange_Crush

I have a 2-car garage and I had to knock out the back wall in my garage to fit my Charger as well.  My houe was built in '86.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

AirborneSilva

Are you guys all on the east coast?  I grew up in cali and have never run into that problem...

73chgrSE

suburban Atlanta. House is from "84.