News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Favorite Yr. Charger Poll:

Started by Brock Samson, July 12, 2006, 11:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your Favorite Year of the charger? and please explain why...

1966-1967
1972-1974
Other: Please List

Charger1973

Im on my 3rd '73...  I just love em.

RT DAVE

color choices
refinement
uniqueness
the ramcharger hood
elastomeric bumpers
high back bucket seats
exhaust tips
stripe package
go wing
all the 2nd gen guys hate em
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Blown70

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on July 13, 2006, 07:53:27 AM

You forgot to include 2006.

:sick:

Did they make a 2006 charger..... haven seen any that look like one.  I see some 4dr sedans around.... Sure they are not coronets? :popcrn: :stirthepot:

hemigeno

I'll give you 3 guesses as to what my favorite year is, and the first two guesses don't count...

;D

69charger2002

69 best, then 68 followed by 70. were there any other year chargers made? i didn't notice.   :angel:

oh and RT dave, uniqueness yes(no one wants them so now they're unique)
refined? well, changed may be a more suitable word.
elastomeric bumpers.. not enough of those to even realize they were offered
ramcharger hood. now THAT Was smoking
anyway just messing with ya. they are cool cars. i like giving 3rd gen guys a hard time. they always brag cause 71's had SOOO many options
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Blue Pentastar

Make mine a 69, That is my favorite  But I pretty much like them all.

Mike Schrader
69 Charger White Hat Special  
04 Chrysler 300M Special
99 Ram 3500 Dually Diesel

Chris G.

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 13, 2006, 10:31:30 AM
so I take it if ya' own it, it's your Favorite?..  :-\
no one here with a '74 wants a '68?... or visa versa?..

Probably should have done a poll about what's your second favorite year Charger. That would have been a new one around here. The favorite year thing has been done to death, with the same results every time.  :Twocents:

hemigeno

Quote from: Chris G. on July 13, 2006, 07:09:32 PM
Quote from: Brock Samson on July 13, 2006, 10:31:30 AM
so I take it if ya' own it, it's your Favorite?..  :-\
no one here with a '74 wants a '68?... or visa versa?..

Probably should have done a poll about what's your second favorite year Charger. That would have been a new one around here. The favorite year thing has been done to death, with the same results every time.  :Twocents:

Good point - maybe a poll about what's your least favorite...

:stirthepot:

Brock Samson

yeah i was thinkin that too but it just seems mean..  :flame:

if it's second favorite it would be the '68s then the '70s for me... i'd put a nice '71 or '72 ahead of a '66 or '67 though, but i really like first gens just dont wanna restore one... after the firsts it would be '73s 'n up...

70sixpkrt

Quote"70
Six Packs, Pistol Grips, engine call-outs & hood black-outs, more Hi-Impact colors, electric headlight doors and bigger hood scallops.
:iagree:

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

plum500

I like them all...66-74. Different things about each of them -- wrap around bumper of a '70. Fastback of the first gens. All hideaways. Back ends/pillars of 2nd gens, the scallops...back pillar of '73/74 and the other subtle changes for those later 3rd gens... the "70's ness" of 3rd gens and the emphasis and exaggeration of the coke-bottle...the fenders, front shape, hood, and relationship to the windshield on anything from '68 through '74....the tail and quarter shapes on anything from '68 through '74 and of course I'm partial to my '71 and the power buldge hood :D

Chris G.

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 13, 2006, 07:25:06 PM

Mean? Isn't this poll just as mean to the last place car?  :scratchchin:

Strat-tastrophy, do a poll and include pics of the various years. Don't forget the 80's...for some reason people forgot those Chargers (for good reason).  :icon_smile_wink:

THE COLONEL

I like the 69 the best.  I love the split grille, and the tail lights of a 69.  I fell in love with that year, many moons ago, and swore I'd have one some day! :yesnod:

"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

Lowprofile

Quote from: RT DAVE on July 13, 2006, 01:01:34 PM
color choices
refinement
uniqueness
the ramcharger hood
elastomeric bumpers
high back bucket seats
exhaust tips
stripe package
go wing
all the 2nd gen guys hate em

Not all of us hate them. :D

70' has always been my favorite. 69' 500 is also very cool :drool5:  I also like the 68's and the 71's .
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

konigcharger

73 SE its the opera windows :yesnod:

71's second

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

Rack

Quote from: Chris G. on July 13, 2006, 07:48:28 PM
Quote from: Brock Samson on July 13, 2006, 07:25:06 PM

Mean? Isn't this poll just as mean to the last place car?  :scratchchin:

Strat-tastrophy, do a poll and include pics of the various years. Don't forget the 80's...for some reason people forgot those Chargers (for good reason).  :icon_smile_wink:

Just like in 20 years people will forget the 2006+ version.  :yesnod:

Ghoul

70 by far! First Charger I had was a 73. Loved that car. Did not know much about Mopars then, but I loved that car! It was an SE, had all the perks, electric windows, A/C etc. Actually it was the first car I ever had, now that I think about it. That was in the eighties. Sold it to pay off another car. Stupid! Even though it was a 318 car. Lived in Ohio then. When I moved out of state I looked for another Charger to buy & came across a 70 in the local trading post. Liked it as soon as I saw it! Put a deposit down & went back & got it. It had side exhaust & headers too! 318 as well, but it sounded good. I was cruzin after an evening at a local establishment with friend & some drunk fool in a Falcon started talking sh** to my friend & following us around. So I continued to ignore him & he continued to pull up along side & talk more sh**, while in the turn lane on the right side of the street where the cars were parked. When the light turned green he decided to go straight in a turn lane & swerved over in front of me causing me to clip his Falcon & sent it sideways & in my haste to not hit him again I almost took out the city block! knocked down the tree, trash can went flying & a poor token parking meter lost it's head into the street with money flying everywhere & my Charger within a few feet of the plate glass window of  a store. :o Needless to say that big & beautiful bumper stopped any damage from happening to the engine! Or us!  Had some damage to the passenger fender from clipping his car & a dent almost directly in the middle of the front bumper from the parking meter. An Falcon boy had the nerve to say I had hit his classic car! HIS CLASSIC FALCON! Miserable little piece of SH**!!! This as they took him and his passenger away in the paddy wagon!. ::) I got charged with reckless driving & drag racing. I was not, really!! I got it dropped to improper after the Lum's restaraunt owner testified he saw it all & knew me & had always  admired my Charger. The judge had the nerve to ask what was so special about my Charger! At least the Lum's owner had good taste!!
Anyway I sold that car to get a practical car after that & the fact I had trouble getting insurance as long as I had that hanging over my head! A few years later I began the hunt again & came across the 70 Charger I have now & used my income tax return to buy it & fifty dollars borrowed from a friend ( I was a little short of the asking price at the time). That is why 70 will always be my favorite year of Charger!

Mikko

I´d say -68, that´s because the tail lights, all my other cars has four roundies ;) On the other hand -70 front end looks better...

Ghoul

Here is a picture of the Charger that got hit & hit back!

dd44068

I like all chargers they all have there seperate features but love the 68 the best its the round lights that do it for me.

ScottW

I had '69 for awhile and I dig the 2nd gens alot but my current lust for mopars are the 71-72 b-bodies primarily Chargers. I dig the first gens too especially when they are hot rodded up. Heck I even like the 4th Gen Charger/Magnum cars if they are setup right.

Here's to all Charger gens but especially the 71-72's :cheers:
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1974 Dodge Charger SE 360/4v Sunroof

nakita7

Judging by this thread, the 'gap' between second and third gen is closing in. 30 years from now, third gens could be worth more than second gens....

Rack

Quote from: nakita7 on July 16, 2006, 04:12:31 AM
Judging by this thread, the 'gap' between second and third gen is closing in. 30 years from now, third gens could be worth more than second gens....

I doubt it.

Plus, the difference between the latest 3rd gen charger and the earliest 2nd gen charger is only 6 years so I don't know why you'd have to wait another 30 years to judge the 3rd gen chargers.

That said, I like the 3rd gen chargers as well. Great looking cars! :2thumbs:

Gilbert Charger

I love my '68,but the '69 is a close 2nd