News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Summit Drag Shocks

Started by my73charger, July 12, 2006, 09:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

my73charger

I installed Summit Drag shocks on the front of my 73 tonight and I think they are incorrect for the car.  They seem to bottom out.  The ride height is actually about 2 inches higher than stock and it rides REAL rough. My buddy has a set of drag shocks in his 69 Coronet and it seems to have a normal ride.  Anyone else try these?

firefighter3931

From what you're describing it sounds like the shocks are too long. Did the ride height increase 2in after the shocks were installed ?

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

my73charger

Yes, I measured the tube upon removal and they were 2 inches longer than the stock ones.  The guy at Summit tried to tell me that doesn't matter but it was like riding around on solid struts or something.  I am sending them back today.  Now I wonder though if I can get a shock to fit my application.  The Summit shocks clearly don't.

firefighter3931

Perhaps those shocks were improperly boxed or labeled. The shocks should not be bottomed out when the car is sitting idle. The 2in increase confirms that these are not right for your car. If you decide to order another set maybe call and have them measure the compressed/extended length before they ship them out.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs