News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

out with the new, in with the old (new wheels!) - UPDATE

Started by 471_Magnum, July 12, 2006, 07:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blown70

while the look is more nostalgic at this point, I did like the 17" better.  However, They both look good!

TruckDriver

Quote from: Mikesmopars01 on July 12, 2006, 09:03:34 PM
I like the new American Racing wheels better.  They look good on the charger.
:iagree: :2thumbs:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

471_Magnum

Finally had a chance to take the car for a quick spin. Been raining all week and I was out of town the last couple of day. Hotter than heck today, but I had to get it out.

Didn't hammer it too hard, but some situations that formally resulted in massive wheel spin now result in nothing but acceleration.

I can actually punch it from a roll in first gear and not break loose. Didn't break loose on the 1-2 upshift either. That's a major improvement.

No burnout. 28 psi.

I'm pretty sure I now have more traction than clutch.

I seem to recall the Nittos being real sticky out of the box, but actually hardening up a bit as they wear... at least that was the case with the last set. We'll see how these hold up.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

PocketThunder

Huh!  what!  how could you after all we been thru?...?...??   :nono:      :icon_smile_big:

i'll carry on with the 17's...  i was thinking i should have made you an offer for your set to go on my C500 but i'm broke right now...

later
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

471_Magnum

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 16, 2006, 09:42:39 PM
Huh! what! how could you after all we been thru?...?...?? :nono: :icon_smile_big:

If it makes you feel any better, I still prefer the stance of the car with the 17's. They were great everywhere but at the stoplight.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Ghoste

I like the American Racing wheels better but you knew I did before.  I think the 17's were the longest you ever kept the same wheels on a car weren't they?

471_Magnum

Quote from: Ghoste on July 18, 2006, 04:20:43 AMI think the 17's were the longest you ever kept the same wheels on a car weren't they?

shut up

Ghoste

471_Magnum

Quote from: Ghoste on July 18, 2006, 07:25:53 PM
Need to get that sig pic changed.
Need to get the car out and drive it! Been either too wet, or just too darn busy. Now it's really freakin' hot.

I may brave the elements and drive it tomorrow. I'm Jonesing.

Time permitting, I'll get out this weekend and take a few pictures.

For the record, the Magnums (currently on your car) hold the record (about three years), followed by the 200-S (1 1/2 years), then the Hot Wheels (15 months).

Swapping wheels is cheaper than swapping cars (or motors, or transmissions for that matter).

Ghoste

Well now much to my surprise, I can't believe you have kept the same car for over 5 years!