News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

in need of much help and advice

Started by youngharrison, July 12, 2006, 04:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngharrison

hello everyone,
i'll try to keep this short. I am a 17 year old Australian who knows only the bare minimum on cars, but this weekend i happened to walk past a well restored 69 R/T charger, it is the most amazing car i have ever seen and i am sure that i want to have my own in the future, and i have many questions i hope some of you may help me with.
first off, is it hard to come accross a 69 charger? especially in australia. i would appreciate some history on the car and some basic information on what restoring one of these beauties entails.

thats it for now, but i expect i'll have many more questions as i learn more about this car
any reply is appreciated, sincerely Harrison Tippet

4402tuff4u

Welcome aboard youngharrison! I don't live in Australia, would love to visit, but it's hard to say if they are hard to come by there. My guess is that yes they are. Here in USA, they are around but are getting a bit more scarce to buy at a resonable price that anyone can afford as a starter project. If you are very interested in 69 Charger's you should visit our mod's (Just 6T9 Charger) personal site of his restoration on his own 69 Charger. Also visit site's like this that offer other links for specific information. You are young and have plenty years in front of you to save money to get one. If you really want one, keep your eyes open driving through the country side or everywhere you go, you might stumble into one that is available. Also go to car shows, ask questions and if you are serious enough to find one, you should read the book "Project Charger" that gives you a detail breakdown of a restoration performed on a 1970 Charger, that is very similar to a 69. That book will open your eyes to the different aspect of restoring one of these muscle cars. Search the web too, go to different classified sites and search. You are a bit restricted being in Australia, but not impossible. I believe there are several members here from down under, might want to hook up with them! Cheers mate!     :icon_smile_wink:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"