News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

big block intake gaskets

Started by darkside, July 11, 2006, 10:03:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkside

When installing intake gaskets on a big block 383 , the valley pan goes on first then the intake runner gaskets correct?I'm going to install my new intake and carb soon and i haven't took my old set up off yet,just want to make sure i have everything i need.thanks

Bob

When I replaced mine on the 400, I only used the valley pan.It did not call for any other gaskets. Maybe it's different on the 383s. Or, maybe I'm suppose to have them and don't. Anyway, when I took mine apart the first time the only gasket was the valley pan. It would make sense to put the pan first and then the gaskets since the pan needs to seal the heads and valley in one continuous seal.

Good Luck

Chryco Psycho

I assume you are using the 1214/1215 Fel Pro gasket , I use the paper gaskets under the pan only [between the pan & head ]

mopar1968

Quote from: darkside on July 11, 2006, 10:03:43 AM
When installing intake gaskets on a big block 383 , the valley pan goes on first then the intake runner gaskets correct?I'm going to install my new intake and carb soon and i haven't took my old set up off yet,just want to make sure i have everything i need.thanks

My 440 had fiber gasket first, then valley (metal) plate, then another fiber gasket on each side.  Bought from Summit for around $20 as a kit.

Works great, with no leaks.  With so many gaskets you have to glue them all to each side of the valley pan though to make it easier to mount.