News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

8 3/4 rear end swap

Started by sext7366, July 07, 2006, 10:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sext7366

Does anyone know of a cheaper company, or way to build a third member.  I am wanting 3.55 gears but I called my local salvage and for an open type unit, or non sure grip he wanted $350.  Don't get me wrong for $700-$900 I am sure going to a place like randy's ring and pinion or gears r us is worth it but I am looking for a different option. Any Ideas?

Tom_440

If you have U-Pull its, I'd scout out the vans/trucks for a 3:55 SG. Are you considering just changing the gears in your existing 3rd member?

sext7366

yep but for the ring and pinion and a fairly basic install kit you're lookin at about $250 and ive heard you can usually find a good running rear end from a salvage for around 100-200.  So I figured, heck why not have two third members! Oh wait and i would need to buy a dial indicator in order to do it myself so add another 50-100.