News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ANOTHER CHARGER GUY RIGHT IN MY OWN BACKYARD

Started by dkn1997, July 10, 2006, 09:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

I was changing the oil and tending to an annoying tranny leak (dipstick tube!!) when I hear a voice say "So, here is the other guy in the neighborhood with a charger!"

It was a guy who lives a few blocks from me out with his kid teaching him how to drive.  Realy cool guy, we bs'd for a while, then they went home and came back 20 minutes later in a Blue 68 R/T with matching numbers/AC car.   Nice car, stock magnums on it.  One of the funniest things is that we both had all of the car guys in the neighborhood staked out.  That guy plays around with mustangs, and the other guy, he  had that lotus, then a lambo,  and now he's playing with malibus and novas....OH, and he also knows Mike aka "mr angry" from this board...

May not sound like a big deal to some, but putting 65+ hours in a week at work and trying to be there for my kids has cut down my car time alot.  I was starting to get discouraged a bit and this little encounter kind of jump started me.  And of course we all know what that means....Warm up that mastercard and start buying shit!!!  So, a stock 68 air cleaner assembly and bouchillon kickdown are heading my way as we speak. 

some more odds and ends and I will be tearing it up for the summer.  Gotta love America!!!
RECHRGED

Charger_Fan

I guess it's a small Mopar world sometimes, eh? :icon_smile_big:
That's pretty cool. You should tell him to get his butt on here & post up some pics of his car. :icon_smile_cool:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

tan top

thats cool . i'm the same , don't buy any parts for months ,get taking to a mopar bud or   go to the drag strip or a mopar show ,  , then i am ordering parts the next day , and then waiting for the UPS truck to deliver the stuff , like a kid on Christmas morning
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

NYCMille

Hey Kev -

Dude, let's all get together one night... we can do a little cruise somewhere.

MIke

topduarte

Same thing here.

I guess it is human nature or call it "Our Inner Moparness" needs some awakening every once in awhile!!!

ChargerAndy

Hey Kev and Mike.......
     Don't forget about me way out here on the East End...... plus theres a guys less than a mile from me that has a black 68 though currently on waivers with a warped brake rotor.......  There is a cruise night in Hampton Bays..... let me know what you guys come up with, K? Andy  :icon_smile_cool:

NYCMille

Lets coordinate something guys - we should all try and get together for lunch or breakfast in Sag Harbor or something... anyone free this Saturday?

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

ChargerAndy

I am potentially free this Sunday, Saturday I have a commitment..... next weekend I am upstate all together....... when the planets align we should definitely do it! Is this Sunday good? Incidentally there is a challenger and roadrunner at a restoration shop on montauk hyway in Water Milll. And a 68 RT for sale in Newsday today at $20K.....located in Port Jeff area? Andy

dkn1997

I'm screwed saturday, work in morning, surprise party in afternoon. I could try for sunday.  Mike, you still going to OBI?
also, when is the cruise night in hampton bays?
RECHRGED

dkn1997

Quote from: NYCMille on July 11, 2006, 07:12:07 AM
Hey Kev -

Dude, let's all get together one night... we can do a little cruise somewhere.

MIke

you bet.  sat/sunday evenings are pretty good down port....trying to squeeze an alignment in this week....
RECHRGED

NYCMille

I'll be down at OBI Sunday morning if the weather is good - just make sure you get there by 7:30... by 8am-8:30 the lot is pretty much full.

Sunday afternoon is a wash for me, I'm going fishing... something I haven't done in about 12 years.

4402tuff4u

Quote from: ChargerAndy on July 11, 2006, 08:43:04 PM
I am potentially free this Sunday, Saturday I have a commitment..... next weekend I am upstate all together....... when the planets align we should definitely do it! Is this Sunday good? Incidentally there is a challenger and roadrunner at a restoration shop on montauk hyway in Water Milll. And a 68 RT for sale in Newsday today at $20K.....located in Port Jeff area? Andy

Also a 1970 R/T for $ 45,000 on Newsday, not sure it's location.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

4402tuff4u

Quote from: NYCMille on July 12, 2006, 06:34:57 AM
I'll be down at OBI Sunday morning if the weather is good - just make sure you get there by 7:30... by 8am-8:30 the lot is pretty much full.

Sunday afternoon is a wash for me, I'm going fishing... something I haven't done in about 12 years.

Hi Mike! Wish mine was ready to meet up........another month God willing! :yesnod:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

ChargerAndy

Quote from: dkn1997 on July 11, 2006, 10:34:40 PM
I'm screwed saturday, work in morning, surprise party in afternoon. I could try for sunday.  Mike, you still going to OBI?
also, when is the cruise night in hampton bays?

Cruise night in Hampton Bays is every Friday.... best be there before 6 pm, after that its 50/50 that there is room. Burgers, bar and band right on the beach  :icon_smile_cool: