News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

This is one bad 72 Rallye Charger!!

Started by Goldfinger71, June 24, 2006, 09:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldfinger71

This 72 Rallye is one bad ride! :icon_smile_cool:
It's VERY EXPENSIVE but it sure is a nice car!..............What do you think?

http://www.shadowauto.com/72dodgechargerrallythumb.htm        :icon_smile_cool:

1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

rt green

looks pretty cool. what shade of red is that?
third string oil changer

MassCharger73

Nice car...but...shaved door handles? Too permanent of a personal preference for a flip car.
1973 Charger

Charger1973

Looks great.  Not having any chrome makes it look more "modern".  Its not something I think I would do to my car but it does look good on that one. 

Goldfinger71

hey rt green,
Im really not sure about the color.I just happen to trip onto that webpage and I thought the guys and girls here would like to see it.
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

TruckDriver

Quote from: MassCharger73 on June 25, 2006, 09:31:58 AM
Nice car...but...shaved door handles? Too permanent of a personal preference for a flip car.

I don't like what they did to it. sorry.  :icon_smile_dead: :rotz:

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Mefirst

I like it, well everything but the painted dash.. Its a cool looking ride...

2fast4u

I thought it said "Competition Orange" for exterior color!?
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Brock Samson

that body color dash and steering wheel gotta go, i'd put back the drip rails too.. ez enuff to do, but i aint paying that... for that..

TeeWJay426

Nice car, but overpriced by about 40K..... :o
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Charger_Croatia

'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

Jim Curnane

THE PRICE IS HIGH BECAUSE ITS A STEALER SORRY I MEAN DEALER WONDER WHAT THE TRUE ENGINE CODE IS.  HOW DO YOU THINK MY CAR WOULD LOOK WITH THE SPOILER DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THAT WAS AN OPTION FOR THIS YEAR AND WHERE CAN I GET ONE :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

chargerkid

Your 72 didn't have a spoiler.  But if you want try First Place Auto in Ohio.  They have the correct style rear spoiler.  Just make sure you get the 71 go wing style instead of the 70.  I think they are around $400.00 with the brackets.

plum500

Honestly went wow the first time I saw that car, but it was short lived.

Engine bay and contents are obviously fine :)

But I too think it needs some more chrome and detail -- especially the grill. All black looks like they just set the whole thing there and blasted it all, IMHO. And in some respects I think things end up looking too modern as well. Don't really dig the shaved handles....needs some chrome hood pins... trim around the roof/windshield/windows...some Charger/Dodge badging...

And while I know these spoilers were around long before, the abuse of spoilers today really turned me away from including one in my plans for my '71.

Like the colour itself, but not on the dash or that wheel.

Not to mention, wow that's expensive....  great car, but it seems steep in price and I'd certainly tweak the appearance some....

Jon Smith

dont like it at all
Jims in the pic above looks 1000 times better
wouldn't put a spoiler on though

superblu72

Quote from: Jon Smith on June 26, 2006, 10:01:37 AM
dont like it at all

:iagree:

jackel440

I think it's pretty sweet.I wouldn't mind driving it.as long as someone else pays for it :icon_smile_big:
I love the go wing i put on my 72' so i think it is a nice touch.also the front air dam is a must.
not sure about the shaved door handles and are the marker lights shave also.

glenh2nd

When we were building the 72 for our customer we considered painting the dash panels Plum crazy like the car. I had an extra bezel for the RH side so I had painted as an experiment. We decided it would be very ugly and after looking at the pictures of this car I am sure glad we decided against it!

~Glen  :icon_smile_big:
Glen Howlett
Razzari Dodge Chrysler
1605 Auto Center Drive
Merced, Ca. 95340
(888) 523-7102
www.razzari.com
ghowlett@razzari.com

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: glenh2nd on June 29, 2006, 12:05:28 PM
When we were building the 72 for our customer we considered painting the dash panels Plum crazy like the car. I had an extra bezel for the RH side so I had painted as an experiment. We decided it would be very ugly and after looking at the pictures of this car I am sure glad we decided against it!

~Glen  :icon_smile_big:

GOD BLESS YOU...

We are safe now about a ricered Charger
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

dodgecharger-fan

I've seen that car in person. Shadow is about 20 minutes from my house.

I don't really like what they've done either.

I'm not knocking their work. I just don't really like the end result.

All that colour really jumps at you when you see it in person - and, in my opinion, not in a good way.

ricksresto

mikepmcs

Quote from: superblu72 on June 27, 2006, 03:11:19 PM
Quote from: Jon Smith on June 26, 2006, 10:01:37 AM
dont like it at all

:iagree:

I third that Jim.

As for the car listed, I think it is very nice except for the color on the cluster.  I even almost like the red on the pass side.  nice car but very expensive. ???

v/r
Mike

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Goldfinger71

O.K
I saw this car in person while I was at Carlisle...........I thought it was ugly with a VERY ugly price!
It looked better in the pics! :yesnod:

73chgrSE

I think it would look better all black.