News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Emergency brake cable removal

Started by MadScientist, July 08, 2006, 07:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadScientist

Hi all,

I am trying to get my e-brake assembly out of the car (70-500), and cant quite figure out how to disengage the cable from the assembly.  Any and all help appreciated!!!

MS

mopar1968

Quote from: MadScientist on July 08, 2006, 07:03:59 PM
Hi all,

I am trying to get my e-brake assembly out of the car (70-500), and cant quite figure out how to disengage the cable from the assembly.  Any and all help appreciated!!!

MS

If you are referring to the drum brake backing plate, I used a small hose clamp to squeeze the prongs together and slip it out of the plate.

MadScientist

Sorry about that.  I was typing in a hurry and wasnt very clear.  I am trying to remove the e brake pedal assy and cannot figure out how to get the cable to release from it.

MS

John_Kunkel

The cable housing is held in the pedal assembly by a bulbed split bushing, to remove it just pull straight out on the cable housing. If it's rusted, pry on the flange with a flat screwdriver blade. Of course, it has to be disconnected from under the car first.

Once the outer housing is free, the inner core can be removed from the pedal loop.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

MadScientist

I got it!  I had to release the cable under the car, put the cable attachemnt point in the little window on the side of the assy, then used a screwdriver to pry off the retaining clip (through the top of the assy) and then popped the pin through.  Good to go!

Thanks for the help!

MS