News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

This car is confused...

Started by Charger Aficionado, July 07, 2006, 11:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

Rack

Yeah saw that in ebay a while back. Don't know why someone would put a 70 grill/bumper on a '68 charger. I'm sure there's a reason for it, I just don't know what that reason may be.

I agree, that charger has multiple personalities.

Charger Aficionado

Someone started a Dayclona?  I have to suppose...

bull

I thiink some of the previous owners are who's confused.

Ghoste

Sweet T

It's still a charger and I drive it proud....with a wig, fake mustache and big hat.
No, it ain't a Hemi.....thank God!

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Sweet T on July 08, 2006, 08:15:43 AM
It's still a charger and I drive it proud....with a wig, fake mustache and big hat.

Nice! :haha:

I'm betting they just swapped the whole front clip, then slapped some '68 markers on the front. Some folks just have a thing for '68 markers. :icon_smile_tongue:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

greenpigs

Loose the pep boys scoop and sell the wing to help pay for fixing that dented fender and it''d be nice.

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: Rack on July 07, 2006, 11:38:02 PM
Yeah saw that in ebay a while back. Don't know why someone would put a 70 grill/bumper on a '68 charger. I'm sure there's a reason for it, I just don't know what that reason may be.

It could have been repaired back in the early 80s when the car was still a driver.There was a stretch of time when the production salvage yards were cleaning out the old stuff and you took what you could get,like quarter panels with different sidemarkers,noses with different grill and headlights.Obviously this was done with the customers approval. At that time Hemmings was about the only source of OLD parts.I would bet there is a legitimate story with it.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Charger Aficionado

Hell even the paint is confused...

AirborneSilva

The vanity plates should read "CYBIL"  ;D

Rack

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on July 08, 2006, 01:13:07 PM
Quote from: Rack on July 07, 2006, 11:38:02 PM

It could have been repaired back in the early 80s when the car was still a driver.There was a stretch of time when the production salvage yards were cleaning out the old stuff and you took what you could get,like quarter panels with different sidemarkers,noses with different grill and headlights.Obviously this was done with the customers approval. At that time Hemmings was about the only source of OLD parts.I would bet there is a legitimate story with it.

Yeah you're probably right. I wasn't complaining about it. Hell, if I hadn't already "won" my charger I would of bid on that one. :d

bull

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on July 08, 2006, 10:36:31 AM
Some folks just have a thing for '68 markers. :icon_smile_tongue:

As well they should. :yesnod:

mustanghater

it needs an owner just like it......not me.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Rack

Quote from: bull on July 08, 2006, 10:39:53 PM
Some folks just have a thing for '68 markers. :icon_smile_tongue:

As well they should. :yesnod:

:iagree:

It's one of the reasons I bought a '68 instead of a '69 or '70. That and I like the grill a little better (like the others too though) and I REALLY like the taillights on the '68.

Drache

Having a father who owned a '70 R/T and being a 3rd Gen fan personally, seeing those round taillights light up in the dark just looks the best!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

cool440

Cousins shouldn't marry! :boxing_smiley:

Michael
69 Charger (R/T clone), 440 (60 over bore) edelbrock performer RPM top end, balanced, nothing second rate) over 500hp, new drive train, 727 rebuild manual shift reverse valve train, TTI headers and exhaust, painless wiring, autometer phantom gauges.  My true garage resto! Very Proud of her.

chargedup

Quote from: Sweet T on July 08, 2006, 08:15:43 AM

Nice! :haha:

I'm betting they just swapped the whole front clip, then slapped some '68 markers on the front. Some folks just have a thing for '68 markers. :icon_smile_tongue:

notice the fenderscoops are backwards!

AirborneSilva

Wakko

I'd drive the hell out of it!  And hang dingleballs from the spoiler. :icon_smile_cool:
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Dave22443

I kind of like this one.  :yesnod:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

adauto

I think highbank pretty much nailed it! :yesnod:  It was fixed with what was available... long long ago on a planet far far wawy........
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

4402tuff4u

Perhaps the guy didn't have the beanies to make it "legit/correct" and basically put it together with donor vehicles/parts he could get and possibly a paint job that his cousin offered to do. As mentioned previously, at least it's on the road and saved from a steel crusher that eventually the car would end up as rebar. Obviously it does have some unique characteristics and for sure it would turn heads going down the road!  :icon_smile_wink:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

AirborneSilva

Quote from: ChargerSG on July 14, 2006, 07:55:03 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on July 08, 2006, 06:09:26 AM
At least it isn't crushed?  :shruggy:

:iagree: But it looks like hell :icon_smile_big:

We all do what we can with what we have, I wish my charger looked like that  :-\

hotrod98

I thought that the aero guys found out that this car is a real daytona.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams