News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ATI Trans

Started by 68chargerboy, July 09, 2006, 06:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68chargerboy

Hi, 
   Looking to buy a new trans for my 440.  i found a a place with decent prices.  it is $769 for a bb 727 and i can get it with or without a manual valve body.  i was wondering if anyone has bought the trans with the manual valve body because i would like to no if this is streetable.  it will see a lot of srip action but even more street driving.  thanks

Zach

firefighter3931

Call John Cope at CRT if you're looking for a reliable street/strip tranny. A manual valvebody if fine for a streetcar, inmo.  :yesnod:

The "super street" 727 sounds like what you're looking for.

http://www.coperacingtrans.com/727.htm

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

mopar1968

Quote from: firefighter3931 on July 10, 2006, 12:00:33 AM
Call John Cope at CRT if you're looking for a reliable street/strip tranny. A manual valvebody if fine for a streetcar, inmo.  :yesnod:

The "super street" 727 sounds like what you're looking for.

http://www.coperacingtrans.com/727.htm

Ron

:iagree:          John Cope is the Man!  TCI is junk, don't know about ATI.  John is around $100 more than TCI and well worth it!!!!!

Bandit4142

I am actually familiar with ATI, although it wasn't specifically the 727TF.   In my experience, the ATI's didn't hold up, and I consquently went through several of them for continually different problems.   Granted with the 727 you may have entirely different luck, but I wouldn't take the risk if it was me.

I would also call John Cope.
1969 Charger - 383 mag auto - Sold and sorely missed.
1970 Charger R/T - 440 mag - sold
1969 Super Bee - 383 mag auto - sold
1969 Cornet R/T - 383 mag 4 spd - sold