News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need to decode a VIN

Started by deputycrawford, July 07, 2006, 11:31:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deputycrawford

A friend of mine has a 1978 Dodge Aspen. It has fneder flares, a rear spoiler and came with a V-8. We think it is one of the R/T cars they built that year. I used to have a site that you plugged in the VIN and ti gave you the info. Does anyone know where I can get that info again? I would like to find out if he bought a real R/T.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

69CoronetRT

Quote from: deputycrawford on July 07, 2006, 11:31:03 AM
A friend of mine has a 1978 Dodge Aspen. It has fneder flares, a rear spoiler and came with a V-8. We think it is one of the R/T cars they built that year. I used to have a site that you plugged in the VIN and ti gave you the info. Does anyone know where I can get that info again? I would like to find out if he bought a real R/T.

A 78 Aspen R/T won't be identified by the VIN as the R/T package was an option, not a sub model as in previous years. Look for A57 on the Tag or BS. 1,546 shipped for US sale according to the White book.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

deputycrawford

Thank you all for the info. I will check the web site and see what it was. I don't think he has the fender tag stuff and definately does not have the build sheet. Maybe the VIN trace can start something anyway. Thanks again guys. This site helps us all.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.