News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Junkman- Most cars crashed in ANY movie- to be shown on SpeedTV !!

Started by 89MOPAR, July 05, 2006, 11:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

89MOPAR

A movie I have been waiting to see is finally going to be on TV..... :icon_smile_big:
  It is by the same guy who Originally produced/ directed/ starred in ---- GONE in 60 Seconds ---Toby Halicki

From what I've heard there are more crashes in this movie than any other. Ever.

Halicki financed the Gone in 60 seconds movie and had it played in many movie theatres across the country, the car Elanor [ the actual smashed up movie version]  travvelled around to many theatres in support.

Several years later he made THE JUNKMAN.    I've never seen it and have always wanted to

Anyhow, it is going to be played THIS SATURDAY NIGHT [ July 8th] on  SPEEDVISION - [SPEEDTV] on their show- "the lost drive in"

TIMES are   11:30   PM    Eastern
             8:30 PM and  11:30  PM   Pacific time.     
add or subtract an hour or two for central / mountain timezones.

The movie is from 1982 so there should be lots of vinatge iron and musclecars in it.      :yesnod:
  I've never seen it available anywhere so it should be a rare treat !

77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

694spdRT

It was on earlier this week too. I did not catch it from the beginning and there were not any crashes so I quit watching and will try and watch the whole thing some other time.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Brock Samson

i saw the original gone in 60 last week, and i was horrified at how bad a movie it was... i never realized it was such a dog of a movie that simply wrecked every car possible... it made no sense.
I saw the new one too and hated it as well...
oh well...

694spdRT

Yes, the acting does make it hard to watch. The car chase was good though in the original.

For the record, the wrecking of the '70 Challenger R/T was the most disturbing part for me.  :'(
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

TruckDriver

I owned it on DVD for a couple years now. It is not as good as "Gone In 60 Seconds". They don't wreck as many Mopars in this one. And the ones they did were late '70s cars.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Jon Smith

greenpigs

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on July 06, 2006, 04:59:58 AM
I owned it on DVD for a couple years now. It is not as good as "Gone In 60 Seconds". They don't wreck as many Mopars in this one. And the ones they did were late '70s cars.

Yep I bought my copy about two years ago, horrible acting, I muted the sound and it became much easier to stomach.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 694spdRT on July 05, 2006, 11:40:16 PM
Yes, the acting does make it hard to watch. The car chase was good though in the original.

For the record, the wrecking of the '70 Challenger R/T was the most disturbing part for me. :'(

Ty, did you see your cars twin parked in one of the lots when they were stealing all the limo's?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemihead

I think the original was better than that fluffed up  crap they have out now.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Mike DC

The original "Gone" was uncompromising.  It was basically just a homemade movie by a rich junkyard owner in the early '70s.  Illegal & crude & very realistic most of the time.  Forget the first half of the movie (literally) and just watch the 40-minute chase.

The "Gone" remake in 2000 was a highly-polished turd.  Goes down a lot easier but it's totally forgettable. 
Some people like their movie turds polished, others don't.  To each his own.

I don't think "The Junkman" was all that good.  IMHO Toby Halicki never did anything else as good as the original "Gone."

Charger_Fan

I haven't seen the "Junkman" yet, I need to find myself a cheap copy on eGouge one of these days. I agree that the acting in the original "Gone" is crap (I just fast-forward to the good parts too), but I wouldn't get rid of that video for anything, I love it! ;D

The acting the the 2000 remake was way cheezy, in my opinion. If I were any one of those actors in that movie, I'd be completely embarrassed to have that one in my resume'. :rotz:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

SirNik73

Am I the only one who liked these movies... yeah they had bad acting, and the stories were pretty bad... but they weren't any worse then the other 70s car movies... 2 Lane Blacktop or Vanishing Point... I like the fact that Gone in 60 Seconds was pretty much a one man show. H.B. Halicki Did it all, Directed, Produced, Wrote, Starred, Did all his own stunts, and built Eleanor. During the chase scene when Eleanor hits the lamp pole, that was not planed... but because they only had 1 Eleanor that was reinforced for the jumps and the reinforcements were strong enough that the car could still function they put it in the movie. i think that is awesome.

As for the Junkman.... well that movie kinda sucked, but i watched it and enjoyed it... i wouldn't own it, but i do want to get Gone in 60 Seconds on DVD.

I also love watching these old movies because they are made before film makers could cheat and use Computer effects, they actually has to be creative and make the Jumps and other stunts work... its awesome to see a car go flying.... for real! like in Vanishing Point in the River, or the main Jump in Gone in 60 Seconds. the remake would have been better if they would have kept the Computer made jump out of the Chase... it just cheapens the whole movie.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

Brock Samson

SirNik I disagree, Two lane was 200 times the movie Gone is...
But I'm glad you like it...  :icon_smile_big:

SirNik73

Its not like its my favorite movie... but i have a soft spor for the any old car chase movie.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

hemi-hampton

The original gone in 60 seconds rules. It's #1. Cheap acting & all in my opinion. 2 lane Black top was unscripted, No Script & all the lines were improvised on the spot & it shows. Worser acting then original gone in 60 seconds. LEON.

nh_mopar_fan

The scene in the Junkman where he drives his car over the hoods of all those parked cars cracked me up.