News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone near Lima Ohio to check out a car for me? $$ for your time

Started by 69chargerfanatic, July 04, 2006, 11:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerfanatic

I'm hoping someone is near Lima Ohio to check out this car for me:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Charger-383-Automatic-W-Console-Solid-Ready-to-Go_W0QQitemZ4650268253QQihZ002QQcategoryZ6199QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I need you to drive it, look over the body, interior, undercarriage/subframe/frame rails and see if there is anything seriously wrong with the car. I'm in NJ and 8+ hours away. Please help. Name your price $$. Thanks

PICS: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v88/mr2fanatic/orange%20charger/

Bryan
973-214-0313

72Rallye440

Bryan,
I'm in Cincinnati and Lima is about 110 miles away from where I'm at. I may be able to make a trip up there early next week if you still need someone to. I can check it out and take pics for you if need be. All I would ask is the $$ for fuel to cover the trip.

Thanks,
       Dewey

jwilk01

Hey Bryan I am in central Ohio.  I could go take a look at it for you.  Maybe as soon as Saturday or Sunday, let me know.

Later
Josh
(937)209-9074

69chargerfanatic

Thanks alot for your willingness. I'll email you if/when I need the help.

mikepmcs

i can't believe that car didn't go higher than 16.8, something ain't right. :o
that's a 30k car with that kind of mileage.  i'm curious to know if someone does look at it and post up some pics.
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

DodgeChargerNeeded

Just curious how much do they want for it. Very similar to my car as you can see and I may have to sell that soon with a baby on the way. So I would like to get an idea of prices.
Jeff

69chargerfanatic

Quote from: mikepmcs on July 07, 2006, 08:54:25 AM
i can't believe that car didn't go higher than 16.8, something ain't right. :o
that's a 30k car with that kind of mileage.  i'm curious to know if someone does look at it and post up some pics.
v/r
Mike

It has 128k on it and a NON numbers matching 1966 383. He wants $23k for it. I thought it was kinda high priced.

mikepmcs

the ad said 28k miles and never mentioned the not #'s motor.  but......  if it's in as good as shape as he says it is and you can live without number's matching it's worth it IMHO. 23 is fair for a solid car that looks that nice.
good luck. I'd definitely look at it first thoroughly, cause if he was that misleading in the ad about mileage and neglected to disclose the motor deal, he's probably holding something else back as well.  notice he said build sheet in the ad, leading you to believe that it is probably a #'s car?? then you call him and he tells you it isn't.... just food for thought.
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

kab69440

If I had seen this before the auction ended, I could have helped you out. I live 40 minutes from Lima in Marion, OH.  Sorry about that, man.  Kenny
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Wakko

Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM