News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Whats the FASTEST you've ever driven your Charger?

Started by Dave22443, July 03, 2006, 09:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave22443

At least, that you'll admit to.  :icon_smile_big:

(The Police Officers in the group may want to move on to another thread)

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Dave22443

Oh and me?  Not sure.  The 150 mph speedo is a little too limited   :2thumbs:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

dodge freak

RallyeMike

I had my 318 Charger up to 150.

(Just thought I'd get this in before someone else did). 
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Rack

I got mine up to maybe 1/2 mph pushing it in my driveway.

:rotz:

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

dads_69

144 mph. I still have the ticket also. $1100.00... bail was $350.00  Man those were the times. Cop wrote me up for wreckless driving only. I was racing a new Iroc Camaro, did I win, pretty much....Chevy gave up after 130 mph. Wife has ticket in lock box, she says, I won't ever do that again......hahaha
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Rack

The fastest I've ever gone in any car was about 125, and it was in a Marquis. That car didn't look like much, but it ran suprisingly well. I'd set the cruise control at 95 going from Alpine, TX to Laredo, TX (about 380 miles).

Thinking back... it was pretty stupid cuz all four of my tires were so worn the metal was coming through them (radials). Ahhh, youth.  :yesnod:

I will be going faster then that once I get my charger complete.

Charger71

I will only go the speed limit in my car.  To do otherwise would be illegal and put other peoples lives at risk. :angel: :angel:

A trooper said I was going 106 in my charger... :-\ :-\

I bet I coulda got more...  ;) ;)

Charger71

generalsandbandits

73 318 2bbl  Charger 120+ mph speedo pegged. Good  guess, 130 when I lift. Open 4 lane road no traffic. Stupid yes,  fun yes!

87 Turbo Lebaron Coupe 125+ Guess around 128-130mph! That car would suprise a few T/A's and Z's. GT's not so much. 
68 Charger 383-2 4spd QQ1 (Project)
68 Charger 383-4 4spd Green (Project)
68 Charger 383-2 Auto Green  Parts (non for sale)
71 New Yorker 440-4 Auto Gold 53k original miles (Driver)
71 Dodge Charger Superbee 383, Auto - EV2 Hemi Orange with Blk/Orange interior - (Project)
71 Dodge Charger Superbee 383 3 spd, GY3 Citron Yella, black bench seat 
73 Charger 318 Auto Triple White SE (Driver)
89 Shelby Dakota 318 Auto White 64k Miles(Driver)

RECHRGD

105mph in my current Charger.  That's how fast it gets to at the end of the drag strip.  However, in 1968 I remember pegging the 150mph speedo in my new R/T.  There are many that say a 440 couldn't do that, but it did.  It had 323's in the rear with stock F-70x14's.  I'm sure the accuracy of the speedometer would be at question, but I would think it still was doing 140 or so.  Glad one of those tires didn't let go.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Headrope

Had my '66 up to around 120 miles per hour on an Interstate. The 383 had more to give, but the car felt like it was starting to lift off the ground after 90mph (probably why they put spoilers on them in the NASCAR days) which made things a bit too exciting. That and the car has power steering, making lane changes possible by moving the steering wheel just a fraction of an inch.
After doing the math I realized how stupid I was. At the rate of speed I was going it would have taken roughly three seconds of travel with the steering wheel off center to transform me into one of those white crosses on the side of the road.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

Khyron

120 and then I let up. I need suspention work because that scared the crap out of me.

ummm, i mean I drive the speed limit.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

REDNECK

golden73

Back when I was young and dumb... 115

I will never do that again unless its at a track.

dd44068

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

73chgrSE

In my 1st charger I buried the 150 speedo a couple times. Fun stuff but I wouldn't recomend it. But in my current one I think I've done 130ish. Only a 120mph speedo.

Slowpoke

Did 130+ around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. ( got to drive around it for a show and they were a little more relaxed back in 1982 than they are now :-) ). would have been faster but had a fuel flow problem.
68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years

tan top

Quote from: 73chgrSE on July 05, 2006, 10:22:13 AM
In my 1st charger I buried the 150 speedo a couple times. Fun stuff but I wouldn't recomend it. But in my current one I think I've done 130ish. Only a 120mph speedo.
               :o  damn was that your first charger , what happend dude 
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

4402tuff4u

90+/- unrestored, no interior, just driver seat. Very loud inside the Charger and what went through my mind was that I have too much responsibilities to go beyond that and the possibilities that I could really spoil someones life! I got off her, took her home and started the dismantling work for full restoration! :yesnod:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

volk68

It's hard to say because my speedometer is off quite a bit, but I believe my fastest in my Charger to be somewhere around 95-105.  I really need disc brakes and some suspension upgrades though.  It didn't feel as stable as my old 73 Satellite did.  That thing felt good at 125+ :yesnod:

Arigmaster

With, or without the wing?  :D