News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Whats the FASTEST you've ever driven your Charger?

Started by Dave22443, July 03, 2006, 09:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73chgrSE

Nice. That one looks like it could do 200 at taladega.

Brock Samson

I have gotten her up to 110 pretty often that's as fast as i can justify driving for fun...
beyond that the steering gets so light and the aero forces are really making her sloppy and light in front, plus the super stock spring make the rear end all slap happy. I'm sure with some subtle mods like different springs and a couple devices like a front air dam and some hood pins i'd feel alot safer but who wants to go thru all that? she's was built as a street ligt bandit after all.

My new Road Runner, ('71 340 auto 3:23 gears) needs it's driveshaft balanced and has a fuel cut out problem at anything above 100, the car has sat too long to be thrashed like that in a top end test.

My '99 300 M has been north of 120 for a full minute, with absolutly no drama, and if ya asked me i would guess she'd do 140 easy since it's got the Performance Handleing Package.

I hate to admit it but the newer chrysler is light years ahead of my muscle cars in so many ways. But driving it is like being inna space ship where the Muscle is like flying a Cessna. IMO.

73chgrSE

Quote from: tan top on July 05, 2006, 10:54:21 AM
Quote from: 73chgrSE on July 05, 2006, 10:22:13 AM
In my 1st charger I buried the 150 speedo a couple times. Fun stuff but I wouldn't recomend it. But in my current one I think I've done 130ish. Only a 120mph speedo.
               :o  damn was that your first charger , what happend dude 

I was going way too fast for a 16 year old. Lucky to walk away from it.