News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The PET thread.

Started by Charger_Fan, July 20, 2005, 10:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Always very sad to lose a loved pet. Our heart goes out to you and your family.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

ODZKing

Quote from: Fred on August 30, 2012, 01:54:11 AM
Always very sad to lose a loved pet. Our heart goes out to you and your family.
I couldn't agree more.  Know they're at the bridge waiting for you.  Our prayers with you both.

moparstuart

very sad today 
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Bobs69

Winston!  That's a very distinguished name for a distinguished looking fellow.

mrsskip68

Sorry for your loss, Stuart. Yesterday was a tragic day around here too. My 17 1/2 yr old cat was violently attacked by my neighbors cat, on my property! (2nd incident) He is really tore up. Lacerations on eyes, ears, claws ripped out, and the worst......his tongue is slashed from left to right to the middle of his tongue!!!!!!! Hes on pain meds, antibiotics, liquid food. My son is just so upset!! Its his first pet and he grew up with him! Poor "Chilly" did not deserve this, especially being attacked on our porch!!!!!!!!!!
Lisa

RIDELIKEHELL

:'( Keep your head up Stu!
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

moparstuart

Quote from: mrsskip68 on August 30, 2012, 12:14:59 PM
Sorry for your loss, Stuart. Yesterday was a tragic day around here too. My 17 1/2 yr old cat was violently attacked by my neighbors cat, on my property! (2nd incident) He is really tore up. Lacerations on eyes, ears, claws ripped out, and the worst......his tongue is slashed from left to right to the middle of his tongue!!!!!!! Hes on pain meds, antibiotics, liquid food. My son is just so upset!! Its his first pet and he grew up with him! Poor "Chilly" did not deserve this, especially being attacked on our porch!!!!!!!!!!
Lisa
sorry to here this  , my middle son is really taking it hard also . We got winston when Taylor  was just a little over a year old 

skip68

That's rough Stu.    :pity:   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

ODZKing

OMG Lisa, will he be all right?   :popcrn:

mrsskip68

Quote from: ODZKing on August 30, 2012, 03:13:00 PM
OMG Lisa, will he be all right?   :popcrn:

Well its touch and go at this point. The rip on his tongue is in way back of his mouth. Since cats lap up their water and food, not to mention cleaning themselves its a struggle for him. Its disturbing to see him attempt to do these things. Hes on his pain meds, and antibiotics. He is eating small amouts at a time. (Wet food mixed with the liquid food.) The thing we have to watch for is an infection and swelling on his tongue, as that can block his breathing! They cant stitch the tongue. They said it should heal back together....... keep your fingers crossed.
Lisa

dukeboy_01

I too am sorry to hear about you guys' pets, and I wish you the best.  They really do become members of the family. 

The wife and I have 2 jack/rat terriers.  They are quite a handful, but they will keep the critters out of the yard.  They have a little trouble with coons and usually wind up getting help from me to get out of those situations.  They have more grit than they have anything to back it up! 

The first picture is my female named Rudy.  She is 4 years old. 

The other picture is my wife's dog Diesel.  He is Rudy's brother from a later litter.  He is 2 now. 

FJ5WING

Heres my baby girl Lexi yesterday at 7 months enjoying her first bone.
wingless now, but still around.

Bobs69

Lisa

Holly crap they are violent buggers.  I remember seeing on tv years ago that house cats are sweet and cuddle but face the same sex and violence on the outside as people do.

Bobs69

Quote from: moparstuart on August 30, 2012, 11:40:25 AM
very sad today  
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

It hurts for sure.  I/we had to put one of our cats down earlier this year.  We called him Spock.  Sometimes Mr. Spock.  He was only 10.5 years old.  Poor little guy came home in pain (I was in the shower), our dog kept him still on the stairs went and got my wife, then back to Spock, then to my wife then to Spock.  Then the little guy hide.  I got him.  We put him into a carrier.  He was uncomfortable and letting us know it.  We rushed him to the vet, he was diagnosed with a blood clot and the vet wasted no time in giving us his recommendation.  We trust these guys, that helped me some.  I looked at my wife and she nodded her head and said it's ok Rob.  We had to let him go and end his pain.  The vet listened to his heart and said he had a murmur and probably had it for years.  He beat the odds living to the age of 10.5.  Usually the don't last past 3years.

I hurt me and still does.  I miss that cat.  I was also very worried about my dog Jake.  He loved Spock.  They slept together and bathed each other.  I couldn't help wonder how he would cope.  Doesn't seem to hard done by strangeley enough.  Oddly Jake and the other cat Louie haven't grown any closer.

Rest In Peace my little friend.
June 4th, 2012.

He was pretty young in the above photo.  The good thing is he did almost whatever he wanted with his life.  It broke my heart sometimes and I'd worry about him like crazy when he went outside at night but I couldn't, and wouldn't break his spirit.

This pictures doesn't do justice for his eyes.  He had beautifull yellow eyes.

He always had his tongue sticking out.  Kind of silly.  And he would stick his legs out straight behind himself when laying down.  He was a delightfully odd little fellow.

ODZKing

To some folks they're just animals, to other like us they are part of the famly.
Here is the link to the bridge I mentioned.
http://www.petloss.com/rainbowbridge.htm   :'(

A383Wing

reading the last few posts about pet attacks and pets passing here....I'm already tearing up thinking about how I'm gonna handle Cappy passing when it happens.....

my sympathies go out to everyone here who has lost a furry companion

Bryan (I can tell ya now I won't handle it very well...I need a tissue now)

(pic below of his first day at the ocean.....he was wore out)

Fred

Sorry to hear the sad news Lisa, hope all goes well.

It's never easy losing a pet Bryan (and everyone else here whose gone through it) whether it's through natural causes or through illness. Fred and I had a whole week to try to come to terms with having our last Rottie put to sleep at 3 1/2 years of age as he had terminal cancer and was starting to suffer. And even though you think you're ready.......you really aren't. It was the sadest time. The vet came to our home and did the job and it was so, so sad. I couldn't stop crying. And for the next 6 months or so I'd just burst into tears at the most ridiculous times and places. But that will never stop us from owning pets. I would rather go through it (hard as it is) than not own a pet. We just need to enjoy them and cherrish them as much as we can while they're with us.  And there are so many desperate animals out there just looking for a good home and eager to devote themselves to you given half a chance.
Erika (Mrs. Fred)

mrsskip68

Thank you Erika, Fred, and the rest of my DC pals!  :2thumbs: Chilly is holding his own tonight. Eating small amounts of wet food with the liquid food mixed in, is going ok. He really hates the syringe in the morning for his pain medicine and the other one for antibiotics!  :eek2: Plus his face is sore, so i cant blame him for that! Keep ya guys posted.  :icon_smile_big:

Fred

Quote from: Bobs69 on August 30, 2012, 05:37:10 PM
Lisa

Holly crap they are violent buggers.  I remember seeing on tv years ago that house cats are sweet and cuddle but face the same sex and violence on the outside as people do.

Yes, Toms are very quick to assert their dominance and they have the claws to do it with. I don't know how poor Chilly managed to get his tongue slashed poor thing.
But with all the love and care he's getting I know he'll pull through.

skip68

Nothing goes to waste in my house.   So if chilly don't pull through it, I'll be having a bowl of chilly, chilly fries or chilly cheese dogs.   Mmmmmmm.   I know, I'm bad.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mrsskip68

Sleep in the garage chuck, with the rest of the "TOOL'S!"    :slap:

moparstuart

Quote from: mrsskip68 on August 31, 2012, 10:40:13 AM
Sleep in the garage chuck, with the rest of the "TOOL'S!"    :slap:
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

skip68

A383Wing

I ain't sayin' nuthin'   :angel:

Bryan

ChgrSteve67

Stu sleeps in your garage?