News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The PET thread.

Started by Charger_Fan, July 20, 2005, 10:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Sorry for your loss.... :'( 

Ghoste

Me too, been through it a few times as well and it is amazing how they work their way into our lives.
We got a long hair Chihuahua a couple of years ago and I was very opposed to it when my wife suggested it and now that we've split up the dog has to travel back and forth with the kids because I missed the little bugger once she was gone.

ODZKing

Sorry to hear. Sounds like she had a nice long life but loosing a part of the family is tough, I know.   :angelwing:
Know that she'll be waiting.

Ram07

Quote from: doctor4766 on December 12, 2013, 06:20:10 AM
My Border Collie "Bonnie" passed away the other day.
She was 18 years old and struggling with blindness and probably "old timers" disease.
Got her when she was brand new, straight out of the box.
She will be sadly missed by all of the family   :'(

Very sorry for your loss! 18 yrs old, wow..must be tough!

mrsskip68

So very sorry for your loss. I know its hard. Be strong and remember the good times!  :angel:

Ram07

Fred asked me about my youngest dog, if she was still being bad..haha...well, not so bad really, just deal with this kinda stuff...daily...

The old Boy has no worries (hes 14 now, with an attitude to match his age), never tries to hide...Nala just ends up giving me this look...(what, you mad?)

I took some advice before, and tried to cage her, but...

Couldnt do it....I just buy a shitload of used teddy bears these days... :yesnod:

Budnicks

She was 18 years old and struggling with blindness and probably "old timers" disease.

I'm so, so sorry to hear that... my deepest heart felt condolences goes out to you & your Family, RIP "Bonnie"  :angel:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Fred

Sad news doc.
Only just went through it myself this year. Never had a dog that got dementia before. It came on so quickly and even though he didn't lose his sight he was just bumping into everything and going round in circles and stressing out big time. So we had to have him put to sleep.
Too bloody sad for sure.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

Quote from: Ram07 on December 12, 2013, 02:21:35 PM
Fred asked me about my youngest dog, if she was still being bad..haha...well, not so bad really, just deal with this kinda stuff...daily...

The old Boy has no worries (hes 14 now, with an attitude to match his age), never tries to hide...Nala just ends up giving me this look...(what, you mad?)

I took some advice before, and tried to cage her, but...

Couldnt do it....I just buy a shitload of used teddy bears these days... :yesnod:

Used to get that exact same "what now" look from our dear departed Rex.
Your a good man Ram.

polywideblock

sorry for your loss just went through the same thing with my 16 year old staffie cross 3months ago  its like loosing a member of the family   

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Fred

Quote from: fy469rtse on December 12, 2013, 06:10:43 AM
Quote from: Fred on November 02, 2013, 11:34:57 PM
Quote from: A383Wing on November 02, 2013, 11:32:28 PM
when they neuter animals, the owners are given a certificate and a tag to prove they got cut...we expect to see Skippy sporting his new collar tag soon and his "award papers" as well

Downunder it remains a hidden secret. No certificate. Just a receipt saying.......paid in full.  :smilielol:
aaawwww Fred  , now we know why your not motivated to get to any shows ,

:lol:

polywideblock

up here in nsw they tattoo inside  the left ear so everyone knows

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Fred

Quote from: polywideblock on December 12, 2013, 10:27:36 PM

Here too.

mrsskip68

Tatoo in the ear? Weird. I know we do that to full bloodline registered horses under the lip. Interesting.

On another note, im so happy that our pets nowadays are living a longer life span!  :2thumbs:

FJ5WING

Heres my little Lexi doing the hated Holiday picture pose for Mommy!
wingless now, but still around.

Dino

I'm so very sorry doc.  Thank you for giving her a wonderful and long life.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ram07

Quote from: FJ5WING on December 13, 2013, 09:53:14 AM

Haha, she looks thrilled!

I really hope my Old Guy makes it to 18 years, either or, I'm sure gonna be lost without him....

doctor4766

Thanks everyone.
Yep, I sure is tough after all this time, but she did have a long life.
Gotta love a '69

Brads70

Quote from: polywideblock on December 12, 2013, 10:27:36 PM
Here they tattoo on his belly close to "Big Jim and the twins" ..... or the former place of the "twins"  :icon_smile_big:

Fred

Quote from: FJ5WING on December 13, 2013, 09:53:14 AM

Oh the price you have to pay to be a member of the family  :lol:

bill440rt

Some of these pet stories are hearbreaking.  :rotz:
About 4 years ago or so we had to find a new home for our dog Kali, a shepherd/husky mix. She was about 10 or so at the time, our second son was just born, and she was NOT getting along well with the kids. We tried everything, nothing worked. After witnessing growling, showing teeth, and a snap of her jaws we knew we could not keep or trust her around the children. We did find a very good loving home for her with a friend. Here she is, I still miss her & think of her around this time of year.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bill440rt

So as my kids grew older, they kept asking for pets.
I used to have some BIG freshwater aquariums years ago when I lived at home, but had to sell them when I moved out. I used to keep all kinds of fish, mostly big cichlids.
I surprised my son a few years ago with a small 10-gallon tank, and he kept up with it and showed a genuine interest.
So, just last month I surprised my kids and brought this home. I good friend who was renovating his house had to find a home for this tank, a 65-gallon setup complete with stand. I kept two big plecos and gave the rest of the community fish away to another friend, as I was going to put some cichlids in it anyway.
I refinished the stand, some new gravel, decorations, etc.
It's now a home to some S.American cichlids: a firemouth, convict, an Oscar, and 2 green terrors. Also are 2 big plecos, and 2 catfish.
My kids are thrilled. And I found out it's hard taking pictures of fish!  :lol:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bill440rt

A few more. It's hard to take pics of fish!  :lol:
OK, a cute & cuddly puppy they are not, but I still find them enjoyable and relaxing.  :yesnod:

Fred

Quote from: bill440rt on December 14, 2013, 06:11:10 PM
Some of these pet stories are hearbreaking.  :rotz:

You know, our dog (the one just passed away this July due to dementia) used to have the fastest wagging tail we've ever seen in a dog, it was so quick and we always joked about how if he didn't slow it down he'll wear it out. Well about three months before he passed away he stopped wagging it and never wagged it again............
Seems he really did wear it out.

Budnicks

Here my namesake Lord Budnicks again, he's my 15 y 7 m old Chocolate Lab, not sure why it's so damn big
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks