News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chrysler hits another one into the toilet!

Started by Brock Samson, June 28, 2006, 07:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve P.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Ford has more new Mustangs on the road here in Florida than you can shake a stick at. Way more than you ever saw of the FOX body or others.. The retro Mustang is on every corner and at every light. They are still coming in by the truck loads and selling the same way... Just what part of this doesn't Trevor understand? They have to build the Charger as is for at least 4 more years to break even on the damn thing. That's 5 more years before we can even HOPE for a retro two door Charger. The Challenger COULD just do it for them.. And we know Plymouth is gone, but if they came out with a dynamite Challenger I would NOT have a problem with them coming out with a retro CUDA under the DODGE label. 

As we know history tends to repeat itself and the "E" bodies where a bit slow of the drawing board the first round...    I think all this info should be sent directly to the shareholders. Maybe they can turn this mess around..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

dodge freak

You think its funny, well I starting to wonder. Say, maybe we could team up-like father & son. You hear that Mustanghater ? Now that I think about it never did like those mustang either, and had a motorcycle when I was a teenager. Didn't buy my first car till I was 19. So maybe I am, not ruling it out

Sure those new Mustang's look cool but cause its a Ford they should be breaking down a lot in a few more years.

They -Chrysler should just change their name to Mercedes cause that all they are now, trucks are still a little of old Chrylser but the cars are just Mercedes. In fact I just seen that Chrysler has a new ad blitz starting Friday to tell everybody that Chrysler cars have a lot of Mercedes enginering that goes in to its cars. But if they drop the Chrysler name they couldn't steal all those old Mopar names they keep doing.

Charger_Croatia

I must say that I prefer "old" Sebring Sedan (year 2001); or better to say I don't like this new design. I have owned '01 LXi V6 for 4 years and even after two years people turned heads here when I passed by them. Most of my firend said that Sebring was awesome compared to other midsize cars. I'm not sure that new Sebring will have the same reactions.

Now I have '05 Sebring Convertible Limited (black with double tone interior) and I enjoy every minute in that car.  :icon_smile_big:
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

TruckDriver

Remember, The Chrysler we all known for years is now gone. For the most part, were talking Mercedes Benz of Germany just using the Chrysler name (like everything else they make). I'd go buy a Ford before I'd buy anything new of Chrysler now. Oh well, nothing anyone can really do about it.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

bull

Are you sure that's a Sebring? Looks like a Fraud (out of) Focus.

TeeWJay426

Have to agree with BBD..... looked like a stretched Crossfire sedan to me as well.... nothing very exciting at all.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Charger_Croatia

Just look at the interior, so similar to E-class (design).
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

JimShine

The SRT does sell for more than an R/T SE, until it becomes a used car. In 8 years they will be worthless. I don't mind the new Charger. But it is a new car and will play by the same rules as most other everyday average vehicles.

dodge freak

Not if the old Charger has a Hemi motor in it, those go for big bucks and come with no warranty.

Brock Samson

Blown70

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

JimShine

Brock Samson

Lowprofile

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on June 29, 2006, 04:56:35 AM
Remember, The Chrysler we all known for years is now gone. For the most part, were talking Mercedes Benz of Germany just using the Chrysler name (like everything else they make). I'd go buy a Ford before I'd buy anything new of Chrysler now. Oh well, nothing anyone can really do about it.

It could be worse.....remember the K-Car?

The new Sebring looks like every other Egg shaped 4 door econo-car thats rolling down the road these days.Be happy for what they have done right. But you are right, they are a Euro-Company now.  :icon_smile_sad: :icon_smile_angry:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Brock Samson

here's one at 39K which seems pretty representitive of SRT-8 pricing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-4DR-SRT8-V8-BLACK-LEATHER-NO-RESERVE-SUNROOF-DEMO_W0QQitemZ290003067250QQihZ019QQcategoryZ6199QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

so what's the depreciation?.. not too bad i would think.. being the premier model equivalant to a daytona hemi...
now R/Ts with the daytona package are more like a '69 with the R/T SE packages they go for alot less...
there's a '06 general lee too O.C.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-Dodge-Charger-General-Lee-01-Dukes-of-Hazzard_W0QQitemZ250001858153QQihZ015QQcategoryZ6199QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

dodge freak

Who cares what car brings more money , I sure do not. The old Charger can kick any new Charger butt if the motor is done right. Plus it can do some of the dukes of hazzard jumps with out the air bags going off and plastic busting off. Just found out today that all cars need to pass a safety inspection in the state of New York , so the old Charger would not be as much fun over there, plus the new one comes with a warranty, thats a big plus. Thats why it could bring more money but it does not make it better. 37 years from now these new Chargers are going to suck big time, if they will even still be running. Look at all the stuff that could break compared to the old one. When that computer and all its wiring and the fuel injectors and all its sensors are 37 years old it be luckily just to make it around the block. And to change all of it would be so dumb, it cost too much. Maybe to drive to WORK everyday the new Charger would be ok, but to drive to have fun and kick butt I take a old Charger any day that the streets are dry.

TheGhost

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on June 29, 2006, 04:56:35 AMI'd go buy a Ford before I'd buy anything new of Chrysler now.

Don't forget to pick up the fire retardant suit too.

Say what you want about Chrysler, and Daimler, but I ask you this.  Who else is making new, affordable RWD V-8 performance cars?  Ford?  Sorry, but I have a thing against catching on fire, thank you very much.  Take the Mustang away from Ford, and what do they have?  Absolutely nothing.  Same with GM.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

nh_mopar_fan

Which is why both Phord and GM are currently bleeding money like crazy....

rare69

strat is right on the money! i have always been a mopar fan. and will spend my money on mopars. just not new ones, the Chrysler of old is definitely dead, unless you can go buy a new viper.which in my opinion is just a neat looking corvette. my 69 rt se charger didn't look like anything ford or Chevy was building at the time! OH! buy the way my wife drives a BMW and i drive a Toyota!