News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

any way to clean rubber marks from pavement?

Started by MadScientist, July 02, 2006, 07:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadScientist

Hi all

Got a little overzealous with the Magnum this morning when I pulled out and left some nice marks on the street in front of the house.  Any way to clean them up before the wife rips me a new one?

MS

Lightning

i dunno....go over them going the other direction?
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

bluesfool

greenpigs

Take your balls out of the dresser & telll her the Magnum runs good.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Daytona R/T SE

blackcharger

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on July 02, 2006, 09:54:08 PM
Quote from: greenpigs on July 02, 2006, 09:51:07 PM

:iagree:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

hell my wife gripes when I don't do a good one!

azraelck

Heh, my mom just smiles when I leave a bit of rubber; thoguh she'll nag on me a bit when we're at the gas station. But then, she wants a new Challenger.

Just don't do like my brother does, and leave rubber at every chance you possibly can get.
For every good man that is born, another good man must die.  Yet somehow the
factory keeps pumping out losers and we have no idea how to get rid of them.
--Kersus

471_Magnum

Not to hijack, but right outside my subdivision, some hot shoe left a couple of nice 50 ft stripes.

First my wfe interrogated me, making the assuption it was my handy work.

Then one of my buddies made the assuption they were mine.

Next a couple of neighbors asked me about them.

I make it a rule not to make a nuisance of myself in the neighborhood,  :angel:  but dang, for all the grief I've gotten over those marks, I may as well have put them there myself.  ;D

"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Rolling_Thunder

been there and done that...     i used simple green and a wire brush...    got most of them off...   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

MassCharger73

Is she upset about the marks or the $400 worth of rubber ?
1973 Charger

rt green

third string oil changer

Ghoste

Most folks come on here asking how to leave more rubber.

4402tuff4u

"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

MadScientist

If they were good ones I wouldve told her it adds value to the house!  These are just chirp marks.  Got kids in the neighborhood, so its not a good idea to rip a good pair here. Besides I cant give her too much grief.  she bought me both of my Chargers as gifts!

MS

Blown70

UMMM lets make excusses. 

1.  The throttle spring broke.

2.  My leg had a cramp and I could not let off the gas

3.  Some thing is wrong with that Damn trasmission.

4.  My foot slipped off the brake and hit the gas.

FEEL FREE TO ADD MORE!!! :devil:

Tom

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

mikepmcs

Quote from: greenpigs on July 02, 2006, 09:51:07 PM

:smash: :smilielol: :drive: :drive: :drive:

vote #2 for pressure washer.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

squeakfinder

How about.., I took off with the parking brake set....... and I did it twice.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

MadScientist

How about:

I wanted to see if the traction control worked!

I wanted to see if I could feel the engine management system go from 4 cyl to 8?

I sneezed?

:icon_smile_approve:

mikepmcs

i like the sneeze one, she'll buy that alright...NOT!.  hey the good thing is if you use that she'll get a laugh out of it and think you are too adorable to get mad at or some crap like that!  chicks dig that stuff.  i'll never say adorable again, promise!  and i hate i couldn't think of another word, i gotta go lift some stuff now and smack someone around.

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

MassCharger73

Quote from: mikepmcs on July 03, 2006, 07:52:56 PM
i like the sneeze one, she'll buy that alright...NOT!. hey the good thing is if you use that she'll get a laugh out of it and think you are too adorable to get mad at or some crap like that! chicks dig that stuff. i'll never say adorable again, promise! and i hate i couldn't think of another word, i gotta go lift some stuff now and smack someone around.

Is CUTE too overused, or did it not seem feminine enough for you ?
1973 Charger

hemihead

Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

dodge freak

Guess we know who wears the pants in your house. Sounds like your wife would just love me, to death that is.

six-tee-nine

Quote from: Blown70 on July 03, 2006, 11:35:39 AM
UMMM lets make excusses. 

1.  The throttle spring broke.

2.  My leg had a cramp and I could not let off the gas

3.  Some thing is wrong with that Damn trasmission.

4.  My foot slipped off the brake and hit the gas.

FEEL FREE TO ADD MORE!!! :devil:

Tom

Damn..... that clutch pedal keeps suprising me every time again....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Rack

Tell her they aren't peel out marks, they're marks from you slamming on the breaks pulling IN to your house.

Actually tell her your breaks went out and you had to do something because there was a puppy in front of you on the road so you slammed on the emergency break cuz the thought of injuring a poor innocent puppy crushed your heart.

Not only will she forgive the marks, but you'll get a good dinner cooked for you, you'll get to make one free purchase of any auto part (w/o hearing "it" from her), and you'll get "some" every night for at least a week.

When in doubt, lie.  :angel:

BigBlockSam

QuoteTake your balls out of the dresser & telll her the Magnum runs good.   
:smilielol:  tell her she's lucky there not longer.    :smash:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

BB1

1. Kerosene and a match.

2. Blow torch

3. Get some lawn clippings, sprinkle over it.

If not... get you some ear plugs  :icon_smile_blackeye:
Delete my profile

azraelck

Take her out in the magnum to dinner one night. Before dinner, boil the **** out of the tires. Go to dinner, enjoy yourself. Boil the **** out of them when you leave the restraunt.

As a note, I scared my ex on a date. Flung her across the car leaving the parking lot at her work, then back across when I turned into the Dairy Queen. I regularly chirp the tires on my daily, a '06 Chevy Cobalt, which has had a noticable effect on those few I allow to ride with me. Usually it's suprise followed by a grin, because I don't speed, and I don't have too many vices, so they don't think I'd do something like leave 10 yards of rubber streaks on the ground.
For every good man that is born, another good man must die.  Yet somehow the
factory keeps pumping out losers and we have no idea how to get rid of them.
--Kersus