News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Burnt Daytona "Hot Stove Lounge" Discussion...

Started by Beep Beep Dave, July 01, 2006, 05:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beep Beep Dave

I think you guys might enjoy this:
http://mapleleafmopars.homestead.com/MofMjuly2006.html

Is about the Mopar of the Month for July the burnt Daytona from Ebay...I asked a bunch of Mopar guys their opinion and that page is what I came up with.

Don't forget to vote!!!

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

nascarxx29

It couldnt resurface as a barn fresh find.It is well established is as it is from pictures and vin.Same goes for my wrecked superbird anyone taking its remains and remaking that car .Would be caught in a sec .By introducing that car back into the wingcar population.But if one choose to resurect that car with its flagged vin.And make it a driver shower etc.Thats fine.If they try to sell it .Its past history would quickly be recalled.Thats why I never allowed any of my parted superbird etc other mopars I salvaged out rotted wrecked to the point that were only good for there numbers.To see the road again.I keep that paperwork and numbers as mopar momentos
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

tan top

intresting opinion 's . :popcrn: . the more you look :scope: at it the worse it seems to look  :-\
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

RallyeMike

Very interesting discussion. Thye didnt have my option for voting: Hang the body on a Nascar chassis and race it !
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

dkn1997

very interesing reading. I would like to see someone fix the nose and wing, try to cut out the window plug and put them on a clone and show the car with pics of the rust heap the daytona parts came off of.
RECHRGED

MetallicA

hey Dave its will man that page is great, i think i agree with the one where the person says he would create a tribute car with both Vin's riveted on the car, that way you could see what the car was like in its prime AND its legit no re bodying and the chargers story goes on

Beep Beep Dave

Quote from: tan top on July 02, 2006, 07:47:02 AM
intresting opinion 's . :popcrn: . the more you look :scope: at it the worse it seems to look  :-\

Thats what I keep thinking...poor poor car!!!
I had alot of fun doing up that page and sharing it, hopefully if someone ever does buy it they will google or ask one of the Registries about the VIN 1st!
I hope you guys enjoy it!

Dave

1970 Charger R/T

Hemi_tyme

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on July 01, 2006, 05:39:08 PM
I think you guys might enjoy this:
http://mapleleafmopars.homestead.com/MofMjuly2006.html

Is about the Mopar of the Month for July the burnt Daytona from Ebay...I asked a bunch of Mopar guys their opinion and that page is what I came up with.

Don't forget to vote!!!

Dave
Hi Dave
Maybe this will help
Ken

Lowprofile

If there was ever a candidate for a re-body, this car is it. If I owned it, I would fully document the re-construction of the car, and if ever sold, I would never sell it as an original.

My  :Twocents: :blahblah:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Ghoste

Of course, a couple of owners down the road, and before you know it...

Lowprofile

Quote from: Ghoste on July 03, 2006, 11:51:55 PM
Of course, a couple of owners down the road, and before you know it...

That is very true....... :rotz:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Beep Beep Dave

I noticed that the same guy won both auctions...I was hoping the clone up here in Canada was only gonna bring $12k or so, but $29k WOW!
Maybe the guy plans on making more than 1 Daytona ;) Anyway each to their own I guess!

Dave

1970 Charger R/T

69_500

That or he is planning on using the parts from the other Daytona' to make the real Daytona whole again?

wingedone

Hi Dave,

Nice to see you again after a long time.

Excellent article, thanks for bringing out all the various opinions.  Very interesting.

Thomas

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Chris G.

Quote from: 69_500 on July 04, 2006, 11:26:24 AM
That or he is planning on using the parts from the other Daytona' to make the real Daytona whole again?

Is that even possible? Everything on that car is completely shot except for the VIN, which must have had some sort of fire retardant sprayed on it.

I think 99.9% of all people with any sort of common sense know exactly what is going to happen with that VIN...I mean car. What we actually hear about how it got "restored" from the current owner, is another thing all together.

69_500

That is what I was meaning chris. Is he going to take the numbers from the real Daytona  and the plug and put it in the other car. thus creating a Daytona.

deputycrawford

I have to say let it die. Hell, It's dead already. Mopars of that caliber are getting so much money BECAUSE they are rare and disappearing. If this one is allowed to finally be put to rest, the surviving correct ones become more valuable and desired. They get more press when they are seen and bring in new Mopar fans. If everyone made 71 Hemi Cuda Convertible 4-speed clones then the real ones wouldn't get nearly the attention. As much as I hate to say it. One must be sacrificed to let the others live without suspicion.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

hemi68charger

I CAN NOT believe it's not going to be a "rebody"...... There's nothing left of the original body worth saving...........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Did I just read that right? About the clone 71 HEMI cuda converts? I've probably seen 15-20 71 HEMI Cuda convertible clones over the past 4-5 years. They are definately more of them out there than one would think. Getting to be a pretty common site at car shows in my opinion.

deputycrawford

69 500. I did not know that. I have not seen even one. There can't be too many out there. I good Hemi and  good 71 Cuda are probably hard to find anyway. I will look for clones at the nats this year. I'm not saying I don't believe in them. I would own one in a second. I'm just saying that the VIN should be left on the vehicle so crooks don't try to make money from them. I do tend to agree with Hemi68charger. That rebody would just be a re-VIN and nothing more. That's not cool to me. I even thought of making mine a "Dayclona". I changed my mind but love to see them anyway. This one just seems wrong to me.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

69_500

Well as far as the VIN's being wrong on the 71 HEMI cuda's that is a different story. I personally think that a couple of them are rebodies but that is solely my opinion. As far as clones go though I've probably seen 15-20 though at various shows around the country. Even a few local shows I've seen some at.

deputycrawford

Having a few clones around definitely keeps the interest alive. Clones can be cool. I have seen clones of many things, but the owner puts the VIN in the open at the event. That's fine.I just don't think you should put a VIN plate on another car altogether and claim that is the real one.

Daytona Guy

What if....

Anything that is made of metal can be repaired. Insane? Yes, but not impossible.

Here is the question. How much can be saved where this car can retain its original status? Is there a percentage that is stated that has to be original to retain its original status?

Personally, at the end of the postings one guy stated that every car has a soul... I think that is a little to much for me. Do you hear TAPS playing? I'm grabbing my hanky.

P.S. I love that black background of that site. It is so much easier to read.