News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Challenger Production Announcement Tommorrow?!?!...

Started by xs29j8Bullitt, June 29, 2006, 10:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtx6970

I was told  most likely model lineups would be R/T and SRT8 models only, with possibile low line models a year later, no plans at this time for a vert

6670charger

I'd get excited if I was in the market for a pony car.  I'd love another two-door car.  Problem is, I'm 42 and have two small children.   I need something that can stand in as a family car in a pinch.  By family car, I mean a back seat that can actually be used, and a trunk that will actually hold more than a small suitcase.   I also need something that's reasonably priced.  Problem is, of the three decent sized and basically affordable two-door cars out there; Chevy Monte Carlo, Pontiac GTO and Toyota Solara, the later two are being discontinued after this year.  That means my ONLY optiion for a two-door family car is a Chevy Monte Carlo. 

Amazing!  Chevy just monopolized a market segment!
Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963

Ghoste

Actually Dodge makes one of the best family cars out there on the market right now.  It's far, far, superior to that Monty Cardboard.  It's just not that well known because DCX completely missed the point with the marketing of the car.  I can't recall the name but if you go into the Chrysler dealer and tell them you need to see the four door version of the Magnum station wagon, they'll be able to help you out.
(seriously, it's a good car)

xs29j8Bullitt

I decided to try the Dr Z question route to inquire about drivetrain options...

My question...

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
New Vehicle Information - ASKDRZ Brand Site Brief Description:

Challenger Question - Will both the 5.7 Hemi with MDS and 6.1 Hemi be offered in the new Challenger R/T as well as 5 Speed Autostick or 6 Speed Manual options? BTW, Thanks DCX for making the Challenger production announcement!

DCX response...

Dear Allen:
Thanks for contacting Dr.Z. Your message has been forwarded to us for response. The all-new Dodge Challenger will make its debut as a 2008 model, in calendar-year 2008. It will have the available 5.7-liter or SRT-engineered 6.1-liter HEMI® V-8 engines coupled to either a five-speed manual transmission or five-speed automatic transmission with Auto Stick

Check it out at www.dodge.com

Thanks again for your "Z"mail.

Sincerely,

Pat
Senior Staff Representative
Dr.Z's Customer Action Team

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I will probably opt for the 5 Speed Automatic, but I am amazed that they would go with a 5 Speed Manual instead of a 6 Speed...

XS
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

THE COLONEL

I just hope they make a few of the old colors like the Go Green, and Plum Crazy, etc. :icon_smile_cool:  If they eventually make the Lime Green, I will have one in my Garage next to The Colonel. :icon_smile_tongue:
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

xs29j8Bullitt

Some new un-official information...

Check out this Challenger article:

http://www.cumberlink.com/articles/2006/07...news/news15.txt

BTW, this newspaper link may change... If so go to the main page and do a search of archived articles for "dodge challenger".

XS
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,