News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Window question

Started by Skyview69, July 07, 2006, 07:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyview69

I was removing the sealer around my windshield of my 71 last night and the window cracked  :icon_smile_sad: I did not even pry on it and it just cracked!

Does anyone know if new windshields are available for a 71 Charger and how much they would cost?

mikepmcs

found this online, did the instant quote and it said $114 not installed.  that tells me they should be available at your local auto glass shop or they can get them rather quickly.  shouldn't be too bad installed or just go through this company.

http://www.windshieldstogo.com

good luck
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Skyview69

Thank you! That is good to know. I will check locally.  Thankfully the rear window came out without a problem!!

Brock Samson

you may need to specify the degree of tint, if your windshild was a fully tinted, a/c car.
FYI:

blackcharger

the first '68 i parted, I got the back glass out by laying on my back, and pushinh(hard) with my feet. came out perfectly. Now I just shudder when I see a glass man do it with the right tools and the glass cracks.

B5 Charger

I looked into this awhile back because my '69 has a big deep wiper scratch accross it.  The guy at the glass place said I could get the windshield tinted or untinted for around $135.00 installed.  He said it's restoration auto glass and it is being reproduced because of the high demand by restoration enthusiasts.