News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Check out my new cosole lid. Did I pay too much?

Started by bull, June 29, 2006, 08:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

4402tuff4u

Nice find! Still has the polishing buffing lines in the center! :yesnod:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

charge-it

Sorry to drive the price up, you outbid me...The 4 speed top plate is available brand new. $425.00 on ebag now...
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

bull

Quote from: charge-it on June 30, 2006, 09:54:35 AM
Sorry to drive the price up, you outbid me...The 4 speed top plate is available brand new. $425.00 on ebag now...

Ouch! High price but that's the first I've heard of anyone reproducing these parts, so that's good news. Maybe I'll be the first on the site to step up to the "plate" and buy one. See if they're worth the asking price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/66-68-MOPAR-CHARGER-ROADRUNNER-GTX-4-SP-CONSOLE-PLATE_W0QQitemZ120002489093QQihZ002QQcategoryZ34208QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Charger Aficionado

Bull, do you plan to go to the HURST shifter for performance? (for lack of better term)... 

Premier Plastics talked about making the pot-metal pieces for the console top.  He tried to convince me on plastic, but I told him that would be a NO-GO (Like Charger Specialties Plastic '69 Grille trim)...  He has an objective of making reasonably priced parts...  He dropped the Cuda grilles to 499 each when I was selling them for 700-800...

Nacho-RT74

THEY ARE REPRODUCING LOTS OF GOODIES... look at 3rd gen mirrors... wow !!!, also speaker/deffog adaptor...
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

bull

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on June 30, 2006, 01:27:20 PM
Bull, do you plan to go to the HURST shifter for performance? (for lack of better term)... 

Premier Plastics talked about making the pot-metal pieces for the console top.  He tried to convince me on plastic, but I told him that would be a NO-GO (Like Charger Specialties Plastic '69 Grille trim)...  He has an objective of making reasonably priced parts...  He dropped the Cuda grilles to 499 each when I was selling them for 700-800...

I'm going to stick with the Inland initially. I know they are not real well liked but I like the originality of it, especially now that they're getting harder to find. I agree on the repop stuff. If the factory made it out of metal the repop should be metal too.

AKcharger

WOW I would have bet any amount of money that they would NEVER reproduce those tops due to the cost and low production numbers...that's a good sign!

I made my own since I never thoght new ones possible

Just 6T9 CHGR

Almost looks like it was spray bombed with chrome paint :scratchchin:

I hope not for $178 beans :eek:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bull

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on June 30, 2006, 07:29:41 PM
Almost looks like it was spray bombed with chrome paint :scratchchin:

I hope not for $178 beans :eek:

I guess I'll find out soon enough. It comes from Kreative Customs. Ever heard of them?

69charger2002

i know them very well. awesome stand up guy. i thin khe has parts like that rechromed and they come out show quality. i think that is a good deal for 168
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

THE CHARGER PUNK

even though its correct, i still dont like the silver paint on the sides of the console top, i prefer seeing it black even though it is incorrect as that silver just makes it 2 much silver-MATT

8WHEELER

I like the silver better, with a black interior the silver looks GREAT.... but there is no Silver on the lid. So he
at least buffed or cleaned up the chrome, and its very hard to buff old chrome and not make it worse, so
he polished it some how. It does look very nice for sure, the pits in it are very small compared to most
all the others we see. To bad you will have to paint that chrome area he made all nice the silver color.
I hope the lid is not bent like most seem to be, and all studs are there, he does not say anything about that.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

bull

Quote from: 8WHEELER on June 30, 2006, 10:31:36 PM
I like the silver better, with a black interior the silver looks GREAT.... but there is no Silver on the lid. So he
at least buffed or cleaned up the chrome, and its very hard to buff old chrome and not make it worse, so
he polished it some how. It does look very nice for sure, the pits in it are very small compared to most
all the others we see. To bad you will have to paint that chrome area he made all nice the silver color.
I hope the lid is not bent like most seem to be, and all studs are there, he does not say anything about that.

Dan

He told me he sends all his stuff out to be polished such as this piece was. As you said the pits are very minimal and that's always a good thing. Now I have to figure out the right kind of silver paint to use.

8WHEELER

I know its not correct, but I have used an argent silver then a clear coat, so I don't have to
do it again in a year, it does not take much to mess up the silver, thats why I use a clear coat as well
but thats just me, everybody does it different it seems.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Rack

That's a pretty penny for that piece. And, of course, my car didn't come with it.

Since I'm gonna mod my car anyway (no possible way to make a correct matching #'s car for me) I'll probably make my own. Try and be creative and come up with some kind of design.

I'm a long way from getting to that though.

jaak

It comes from Kreative Customs. Ever heard of them?

I have heard of him, bought some small stuff from him, nice guy.
I think he is a member here, though he doesn't go by kreative customs

Jason

Charger Aficionado

bull