News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Torq Thrust O's, D's, 2's or ???

Started by 471_Magnum, June 27, 2006, 05:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which should it be?

TTO's
12 (33.3%)
TT D's
12 (33.3%)
TT II Classic
10 (27.8%)
Other
2 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

SeattleCharger

Quote from: 471_Magnum on June 28, 2006, 05:51:55 PM
Quote from: deputycrawford on June 28, 2006, 03:24:16 PM
How about the 15x10 Torque Thrust II's with a 4.5 inch offset. Then you could put 325/50-15 drag radials on it and forget about the traction problems. Oh, by the way, when I'm at the track with my 275/60-15 Mickey Thompsons, I run them at 12-14 psi. No traction problems. :icon_smile_cool:

I'm pretty sure you mean backspace, not offset. 10" wheels need 5.5" back space on a B-body.... or air shocks.

Anyway, custom offset wheels would pretty much blow the budget. 275-60-15 drag radials will do the trick. Any more traction and I'll have to start beefing up other areas.

I am curious if you figure 295/50/15 tires on  8.5 inch rims would fit in a stock '68 rear end with some backspace on the rims.  ?  thanks,   I had these tires on these rims on a few other cars, looked pretty cool, wanted this size on my charger if I can

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

471_Magnum

"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

SuBLimE 69

Hmmm those track stars are hella sexy.....

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

471_Magnum

According to the pole, TTOs win.

I've come across a pretty good deal on some M&H Dragmaster drag radials that are 275-50-17. That makes 17's a more viable option.

$200 more gets the 17x8 TTO's versus a 15x7/15x8.5 combo (that includes tires). Hmmm....

"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

471_Magnum

Quote from: plum500 on June 28, 2006, 01:46:57 PM
I've got a new set of TTOs 17x8 with 255/50R17s all around ready to go on my '71 (one of these days)....not *super* wide, but I think they'll be good, and still have a decent amount of sidewall...

Plum,

You got pics of those 17x8 TTO's? I have yet to see those in 17's.

squeakfinder

I must be getting old. I just don't like the look of tall rims on 2nd generation Chargers. The OTT's are the best choice in a 15 inch wheel.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Steve P.

I like them all BUT old school is cool.....................
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

471_Magnum

I just sold the 17's. Charger is up on jack stands right now. Need to put in my order. Looks like it will be 15" TTO's.

FWIW, tires will be 275-60-15 Nitto 555Rs in back. Not sure what brand I'll run up front, but size will be 225-70-15. Same as what I ran previously with the ARE 200S.

Ghoste

Good choice.  I'd give some serious thought to your earlier mention of painting the centers darker.  It'd look good against that white car.
BTW, your traction issues are not the fault of your tires.  It's caused by an excessive abundance of torque and your very liberal right foot.  You're likely going to smoke any street tire on the market in that car.

471_Magnum

Ordered the TTO's tonight. Hopefully I'll get them early next week.

Tires will be 275 60 15 Nitto 555R Extreme Drag Radials out back.

Up front, I'm going to buck up for some V-rated rubber. Either Goodyear Eagle RS-A's, or Firestone PV41's. "Cop tires".  I'll place the order(s) tomorrow.