News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's the farthest you've drive your Charger?

Started by NYCMille, May 18, 2006, 08:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: NYCMille on May 18, 2006, 01:35:51 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys - the trip should be fun. We've been going over the car every weekend a little bit at a time. I'm also going with 5 other buddies that are making the trip from Long Island to PA and then onto Englishtown.
The list is as follows: my 1968 Charger, 1971 Dodge Dart GT, 1969 Camaro, 1988 Mitsubishi Starion with a 340 small block and another 71 Dodge Dart GT. It will be the first time I've had the Charger at the lights so I am anxious to see what it runs in the quarter.

Otherwise I should be good to go - I will definitely take a bunch of pics and hopefully a few movies as well - my wife is riding shotgun and will be in charge of all handicam work. I will definitely be bringing a bunch of supplies and extra parts and such so it should be a great trip.

If anyone else from LI/NYC/NJ want to join our caravan just PM me and let me know.

Are you coming to the MANats?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

chrisII

last summer i was drivin the charger 40 miles each way to see gf. did this about 6 or 8 times and never even carried a spare tire. guess i just got lucky never has a problem

moparguy01

89MOPAR

approx 2100 miles , one way.  Bought it, flew in, drove it home.  Brought bag full of tools. If it wasn;t mentioned - wire stripper + extra wire.

No problems on my trip though. :icon_smile_big:
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

NYCMille

Just 6T9_CHGR....

I have no idea... when is it?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: NYCMille on May 19, 2006, 07:25:10 AM
Just 6T9_CHGR....

I have no idea... when is it?

Whaaaa???  You're kidding right?  :rotz:

The MANats is the 2nd largest all Mopar show on the east coast.

Its this weekend the 20th & 21st

See here for the post that been going on for the past week or so.....

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,13678.0.html
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparjohn

Well so far I think I am the distance king, slightly over 4000 miles last year when I left NJ, went to Madison Wi. by way of Lexington Va. Then from Madison I travelled to Boerne Texas and then back home! The trunk had 2 tool boxes 1 w/tools 1 w/parts- although I did not need any save a door/window problem I was trouble free (wish the gas was free) I will have the photo albumn at E-town for anyone there that would like top see. This year I am making a small trek to Jeff. City Mo. for the TDC meet- only 1050 each way. Chargers were ment to be driven!
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

charger_lady

Quote from: moparjohn on May 19, 2006, 09:30:20 AM
Well so far I think I am the distance king, slightly over 4000 miles last year when I left NJ, went to Madison Wi. by way of Lexington Va. Then from Madison I travelled to Boerne Texas and then back home! The trunk had 2 tool boxes 1 w/tools 1 w/parts- although I did not need any save a door/window problem I was trouble free (wish the gas was free) I will have the photo albumn at E-town for anyone there that would like top see. This year I am making a small trek to Jeff. City Mo. for the TDC meet- only 1050 each way. Chargers were ment to be driven!

WOW...now thats a road trip...LOL
I agree with your last statement too...CHARGERS WERE...& ARE MEANT TO DRIVE!!!!!!!!   :yesnod:
OH WHAT A FEELING...WHAT A RUSH!!!

blackcharger

7 hours each way fron here to Frankenmuth,Mi. Only trouble I ever had was a bad muffler.
And instead of an empty can for water, several cans or gallon jugs WITH water. You can usually doctor things up on the side of the road if a hose blows, but a supply of water can be hard to come by.

Dave

Sendero

Approx. 3,250 miles across the country with no stops save GAS.
No Hotels just switching  drivers all the long way !!!!!!!!!  :icon_smile_evil:

2Gunz

New York to California.

And the car wasnt running the day before.

The only thing I used was water and lots of it.

The 440 wasnt digging the 100+ temps in the desert.

I had to stop once in awhile and pour water on the radiator to cool her down a bit.

Amazing how fast that will pull the temp down.

DodgeChargerNeeded

My last charger was about 325 miles away, drove there and drove it home with no problems, About 6 years ago my brother and I went to Memphis, TN to get a Charger and drove it straight home, 800 miles took about 16 hours straight through. no problems at all.
Jeff

AKcharger

3200 miles for last years charger feaver meet in Kansas, had a ball and even got a cool "farthest driven" plaque which is hung proudly in my barracks room here in Korea.

Charger1970

QuoteApprox. 3,250 miles across the country with no stops save GAS.
No Hotels just switching  drivers all the long way !!!!!!!!! 

:cheers:

My brother and I drove my Charger from California to Georgia non-stop, about 2,500 miles.
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

bluesfool

My wife and I drove up to Maine from Delaware, I bought it and drove it 400 miles back home. It burnt oil and leaked gas but it made it...it even spent overnight in a hotel parking lot. I spent the next 3 yrs. restoring it and since then, I've been too nervous to drive it over 120 miles one way. My "must have" kit contains a tool box, ignition module and coil, qt of oil, qt of trans oil, and electrical tape.

DarkAngel0816

Quote from: Ponch on May 18, 2006, 12:10:45 PM
that's funny...the farthest I ever drove my charger was to a party at a friends house about 35 miles away. With gas prices being what they are, that probably won't change when I get it running again.

And I thought I would give a bad answer....I think mine is about 7 miles away with my 70 Charger.  I would dare to go no further....
I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone

RECHRGD

Drive it 'til it breaks!  Seriously though, if I know I'm going over 200 miles to a show or whatever, I'll trailer it.  I've put about 27,000 miles on mine since it was completed.  It's let me down three times.  Once, right after I got her on the road, due to a bad rebuild on the transmission that resulted in an 80 mph tranny explosion that we were lucky to survive uninjured.  The second time was last year, again the tranny went out about 100 miles from home.  Third time was just a coil failure in traffic this year.  the coil was new (chrome accel unit, they don't last) I had a spare coil in the trunk, but don't trouble shoot well under pressure.  Had to pay to have a flatbed take it three blocks to my favorite shop.  My trunk is full of everything I can think of that may go out.  Remember, most of the shops that may be available to you in an emergency do not have any techs that were around when these cars were roaming the streets.  If they can't plug a computer into it they have no clue what's wrong.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32