News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A Arm Bushings How the hell do you get 'em out?!

Started by sixpack_sid, June 26, 2006, 07:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixpack_sid

I have a 1973 Dodge Charger & the front drivers A arm bushings & upper ball joint need to be replaced. But how do you get them out? There's a bar going thru the A arm. How would you get a press in there to get it out? Do they get pressed out or is there another way to do it? Also the ball joint doesn't have any rivets on it. How do I get that out? ???
Thanks for your help!
Dan
I have seen evil! I have seen horror!
I have seen the unholy maggots which feast in the dark recesses of the human soul!
I have seen all this. But until today, I have never seen such a pain in the ars car like this 68 Charger!

BigBlackDodge

Bushing press out and the balljoint is THREADED in......................do not try pressing it out. :o You'll need a special socket for the ball joint removal and is much easier to unscrew it when the arm is still attached to the car.....they can be a bear to remove! :P

BBD

dodge freak

I wimp out and just took them down to my local auto part store and had them do it. Charge $50 for each arm, bushings and ball joint removal but they hot tank them also. All I did was paint them and put them back on. Was well worth it I think.

joww3

I removed my A arm bushing with a simple gear puller, instead of pulling it, it was pushed out. And I used a 1 7/8" open ended wrench to remove the ball joint, no cheater bar needed on mine.