News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Current Gen. Drifter....

Started by Brock Samson, June 18, 2006, 08:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

BigBlackDodge

Lowprofile

It was only a matter of time....... :rotz:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Drache

QuoteAt the heart of this Charger sits a Mopar 392 HEMI crate engine. As good as this motor is, engine builder Gary Stanton found a way to make it even better. Mopar won't give us all the details as to what's in this engine (they need to keep some secrets), but we do know that, in addition to the Mopar cold air intake, the compression has been bumped up to 10.5:1 and the engine was given a 6,700 rpm redline. All told, this HEMI is able to make over 650 horses on 104-octane gas. Not bad for a naturally-aspirated engine.

Even for a new Charger with a new engine this is pretty good!  :o
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Lightning

that thing's my avatar on the other forums I use.  I didn't use it on here 'cause I figured y'all would have my head on a platter or something :P

It's a nice car though.   It'll be nice to see if it can win, at least it's representing Mopar....
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

Brock Samson

Lightning

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Lightning

well, now I know what to build my car to knock off, since I was gonna build the LeBaron for drifting anyways.  I just wish I have the budget they do.

anybody got a hemi block laying around that they wanna sell?

SirNik73

OK OK OK...

Maybe I'm wrong but i think someones on the crack pipe...
they said that engine was a 392... what does that mean?
392CI? who uses IC anymore?
when I think of a 392 Hemi I'm thinking about a 1957 Chrysler.
That hemi pictured is not from a 57 Chrysler. so I'm thinking it has to be the 6.1L Hemi. but even if it is the 6.1 how does that equil 392? there are 61CI in a Liter... that means a 6.1L is realy 372CI engine...

am I missing something?
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

TheGhost

The new 6.4 liter that is supposedly supposed to be going into the new Challenger is 392 CI
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Lightning

Quote from: SirNik73 on June 20, 2006, 02:34:36 PM
OK OK OK...

Maybe I'm wrong but i think someones on the crack pipe...
they said that engine was a 392... what does that mean?
392CI? who uses IC anymore?
when I think of a 392 Hemi I'm thinking about a 1957 Chrysler.
That hemi pictured is not from a 57 Chrysler. so I'm thinking it has to be the 6.1L Hemi. but even if it is the 6.1 how does that equil 392? there are 61CI in a Liter... that means a 6.1L is realy 372CI engine...

am I missing something?

Quote from: TheGhost on June 20, 2006, 03:29:27 PM
The new 6.4 liter that is supposedly supposed to be going into the new Challenger is 392 CI

from what I understand, the drift car is helping to test out a couple things for the Challenger's motor.

The drift Charger's hemi is 392ci, they bored/stroked the 6.1 for old time's sake, as well just since "392 Hemi" just sounds cool.

EDIT: I think it might be a new forthcoming crate motor for next year's Mopar Catalog.

Orange_Crush

The lowdown on the 392 Hemi is this.

When SRT originally built the 6.1 Hemi, Mopar Performance originally wanted to sell a version of it as a crate engine.  SRT (a separate "division" with the Chrysler Group...Like AMG with Mercedes-Benz) would not let them do it saying that they wanted the 6.1 to be exclusively an engine available in SRT vehicles.

Mopar Performance decided that if SRT was gonna play that game, they would just build their own stroker Hemi and that's how the 392 was born.  They bored and stroked the 5.7 (they didn't start with a 6.1), made some other mods, and VOILA!  392 Hemi (6.4 liters for you lovers of Metric measurements).

Now...having said that, as this engine was built to sell exclusively as a crate engine (final testing is going on right now) cances are pretty slim that it will be available in the Challenger.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Lightning

Quote from: Orange_Crush on June 21, 2006, 07:35:35 AM
The lowdown on the 392 Hemi is this.

When SRT originally built the 6.1 Hemi, Mopar Performance originally wanted to sell a version of it as a crate engine.  SRT (a separate "division" with the Chrysler Group...Like AMG with Mercedes-Benz) would not let them do it saying that they wanted the 6.1 to be exclusively an engine available in SRT vehicles.

Mopar Performance decided that if SRT was gonna play that game, they would just build their own stroker Hemi and that's how the 392 was born.  They bored and stroked the 5.7 (they didn't start with a 6.1), made some other mods, and VOILA!  392 Hemi (6.4 liters for you lovers of Metric measurements).

Now...having said that, as this engine was built to sell exclusively as a crate engine (final testing is going on right now) cances are pretty slim that it will be available in the Challenger.

nice! now only if it was availiable carb'd....

THE CHARGER PUNK

that new version of the drifetr sucks, the 1st version with flared fenders,big hood scoop and carbon fiber wing and blacked out headlights look mean!!!, the stocker looking version looks stipid with no real headlights and it looks mostly a stock new charger-MATT

Brock Samson