News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone run Holley 750 Carb Model 3310 on their 440? Opinions?

Started by NYCMille, July 07, 2006, 11:05:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYCMille

Hey guys -

Like the above states - anyone run Holley 750 Model 3310 on their 440? Just curious as to what their experiences have been. My engine combo is as follows:

- 10.5/1 comp
- Forged Pistons
- Stainless Valve
- Mild cam - 470 lift or so
- Edelbrock dual plane intake
- 906 heads .030 over

Rear end is 8 3/4 with 3:55s with reverse manual valve body 727

thanks as always - Mike

Ghoste

A long time ago.  I have one today on my 383.  In both cases I'd have to say my experiences were good from a performance standpoint.  My personal problem with Holley is that I seem to be always tinkering with them.  That was okay when I had the 440 but the car I have now  I'd really like to kick the performance bug and just drive it.  The Carter style was better for me from that standpoint because I couldn't really change anything.
I like the 3310 personally.  It's a great carb.

ds440

I have one in my 68 R/T! ;D

I really haven't had the opportunity to REALLY run the car hard with it.  The 440 block is out of a '75 truck with an Edlebrock RPM Performer intake.  I have no idea what the compression is on the car, but I know that there is an aftermarket cam installed.  I had the 452 heads milled and 2.14/1.81 valves installed.  Ran great for awhile and have since been messing with installing an MP electronic ignition and distributer (car keeps shutting off).

The carb runs and works great.  I would agree that to dial it in correctly you would probably need to do some tinkering.  I'm not a carb expert, but I basically bolted in on and it's run well ever since.  My only problem is that I don't have a complete "package" with my engine.  Meaning, I don't all the specs and the components aren't dialed into each other.  So I really can't give a 100% fair assessment. 

When I (finally) do a complete rebuild, I plan on keeping the carb.  It's never let me down - and I believe that there is a tremendous amount of adjustability that comes with it.

Good luck.
1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

andyf

The 3310 is a classic Holley design.  Best thing to do with one of those old style carbs is get the car up on a chassis dyno with a wide band O2 setup.  Then you'll be able to dial in the fuel curve.  It isn't unusual to find out that an out of box Holley will run lean or fat at part throttle but right on at WOT.  Best way to tune them is a chassis dyno.  Second best way would be to mount a wide band setup in your car and drive it.

The newer HP style Holley carbs are a lot easier to tune but they are also a lot more expensive.

mikepmcs

Quote from: andyf on July 08, 2006, 04:35:11 PM
The 3310 is a classic Holley design.  Best thing to do with one of those old style carbs is get the car up on a chassis dyno with a wide band O2 setup.  Then you'll be able to dial in the fuel curve.  It isn't unusual to find out that an out of box Holley will run lean or fat at part throttle but right on at WOT.  Best way to tune them is a chassis dyno.  Second best way would be to mount a wide band setup in your car and drive it.

The newer HP style Holley carbs are a lot easier to tune but they are also a lot more expensive.

I'm waiting on my 750 HP right now, read this thread if you like.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,15650.msg175958.html#msg175958

v/r
Mike

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

dodge freak

That 750 hp is much better, the secondaries have the quick change already on, the metering blocks are a bit different, think is has removable air bleeds, and has no choke. It flows more than 750, I would not compare them.

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: dodge freak on July 08, 2006, 08:03:04 PM
That 750 hp is much better, the secondaries have the quick change already on, the metering blocks are a bit different, think is has removable air bleeds, and has no choke. It flows more than 750, I would not compare them.
iagree the HP is far better , the 3310 is decent if you can get on ein decent condition for cheap used ,personally I like the double pump carbs better

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Just 6T9 CHGR

I have one on my 440...I upgraded it over stock with the Pro-Max main body & quick change spring kit....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T