News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trying out new camara

Started by General_01, June 24, 2006, 08:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_01

Just took pics with our new digital camara and wanted to see If I shrunk them down succesfully.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Charger_Fan

Looks like a good camera, nice clear pics. :thumbs:

Nice looking car too. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: General_01 on June 24, 2006, 08:55:36 PM
Just took pics with our new digital camara and wanted to see If I shrunk them down succesfully.

Why yes......yes you did :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

General_01

I know it was a pretty silly thing, but I am 38 and this is the first digital camara we have ever operated, let alone owned.(Please commence with all of your "Welcome to the 21st century" remarks now) :icon_smile_big: So I was monkeying around with resizing and wanted to see how big I made them because I hate having to scroll side to side to read a thread when someone puts a huge pic in the thread. :-X :icon_smile_big:

Thanks for for the comments guys, as well as the sarcasm. :icon_smile_big:

Thought I would add a couple more. Our daughters Cathy and Cynthia were just in a soocer tournement here in town and here are a couple pics. They are both number 13. It's their lucky number. :icon_smile_big:
496 stroker
4-speed

dodge freak

You are doing better than me, I am 42 and still have not got a digital camera yet. Just got online 3 years ago. Hey better late than never they say.

Brock Samson

what sizeing you using?..
i'm using 500.

General_01

I am not sure. All I have done so far is load the pics in the computer. I then open up the images I want to resize using the "Windows Image and Fax Viewer" and than use the "open image for editing" icon. Once there, I click on the Image folder. From there I click on "Stretch/Skew" and reduce the image from 100% to 20%. I will probably start experimenting with the Canon Utilities like ZoomBrowser and such and learn a more effective way to do this, but for now I do it the only way I know how.
496 stroker
4-speed

bull

It works! I got my first digital camera when I was 38 so I got you beat. ;)

ChargerRob

Good pictures. Thank for the info on how to resize the pics.  :thumbs:
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

bull

What I hate about resizing images that it seems I always get those jagged edges on straight lines. Like the first picture of your GL on the lower rear window trim. I don't know how to resize pics without that showing up.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: bull on June 26, 2006, 01:02:44 PM
What I hate about resizing images that it seems I always get those jagged edges on straight lines. Like the first picture of your GL on the lower rear window trim. I don't know how to resize pics without that showing up.
Some resizing programs will do that & others won't...or at least not as bad.
The program that came with my camera seems to do a pretty decent job at not getting jagged edges.

Also if I'm not mistaken, most cameras will have different size settings right on the camera. Mine has three. With mine on the smaller setting (600 x sumthin'), it will hold more pics in it's little brain...something like 86 or so. If it's on the largest setting, it will only hold about 20. The larger the pic it's taking, the more space the individual pic takes up in it's little brain.
With my camera on the smaller setting, I usually don't even need to resize.

Here's an example...

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

General_01

I see what you mean Bull, although I have no idea how to take care of that.

Thanks for the tip ChargerFan. I know mine has smaller settings,so maybe I will try the smaller ones.
496 stroker
4-speed