News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best Wheels

Started by JMF, July 22, 2006, 06:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RT DAVE

Quote from: bill440rt on July 31, 2006, 09:26:12 PM
Speaking of different, I've decided to go with these from Foose on my '69 Charger project. They are very different from the Billet Vintiques Rallye wheel that's currently out there. These are not yet available, & won't be until next year sometime.
I'm sure I'll hear a lot of moans & groans, but I happen to like them & the look it will give the car.

Make sure to post pics when you have them installed.   What size are you going with?
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Danny Gutierrez

I posted these pics in another thread.  They are ET 3 wheels and I plan on owning a set by next year!!! :yesnod:  Which ones do you like better?  They also have the second set in a polished version. 
1969 Dodge Charger, second owner.  The first owner was my Dad.

bill440rt

Quote from: RT DAVE on August 01, 2006, 09:23:25 AM
Quote from: bill440rt on July 31, 2006, 09:26:12 PM
Speaking of different, I've decided to go with these from Foose on my '69 Charger project. They are very different from the Billet Vintiques Rallye wheel that's currently out there. These are not yet available, & won't be until next year sometime.
I'm sure I'll hear a lot of moans & groans, but I happen to like them & the look it will give the car.

Make sure to post pics when you have them installed.   What size are you going with?

RT Dave,
I'll be sure to post pics, you bet. I'm hoping to get the car in paint this fall, then do the suspension. Once the 4-wheel disc brakes go on, the 14" rollers I have on it now probably won't fit, so I'll have no choice but to then order the wheels (at least that's the logical thinking I keep telling my wife!!)   :-*
If you've ever seen Overhaulin', these are very similar to the wheels they used on the Challenger & '67 Charger they did. The ones on the show did not have the rivets that go around the wheel, they were "one-off" wheels. I like the look of these vs. the Billet Vintiques Rallye, though. They look more aggressive like a mag wheel, & not a stretched out stock Rallye wheel.
I'm not too sure of the size yet. They're gonna make these in 15", 17", 18" & 20". I was a little disappointed that there will be no 19"s made, from my research that was the ideal size I wanted for the rear. So, it's either gonna be 18"s in the rear & 17"s in the front, or 20"s in the rear & 18"s in the front. An 18" in the front fills the wheel opening nicely, but I'm not too sure if a 20" will be too big for the rear. I've seen B-bodies & Chargers with 19"s in the back, & it looks real nice. A 20" will only be 1/2" larger in diameter all the way around. We'll see.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

SuBLimE 69

Quote from: bill440rt on July 31, 2006, 09:21:46 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on July 31, 2006, 08:32:17 PM
Actually Ron, I could probably edit that by taking out the "on Chargers".  I just don't like the look of Centerlines.  :shruggy:

I happen to really like the look of these Centerline Convo Pro's on my '68.
No one can really say there is any one "best" wheel that looks good on a Charger. Personally I am not a big fan of Cragar or "Cragar-esque" looking 5-spoke wheels. I just don't like them, although it looks like the majority of members here do. That's OK, everyone is entitled to their opinion of their favorite. I just wanted something "different" for my '68.

Those look sweet Bill !  I'd love to see more pics of that beauty if you can post'em up !  I considered the Convo Pros on mine until I got the Torque II for a good price.  I'd also like to see how the Foose wheels look if you decide to by them. 

Back on topic, I am starting to like the 17 inch Magnums more and more.....

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

bill440rt

Quote from: SuBLimE 69 on August 01, 2006, 03:50:02 PM
Quote from: bill440rt on July 31, 2006, 09:21:46 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on July 31, 2006, 08:32:17 PM
Actually Ron, I could probably edit that by taking out the "on Chargers".  I just don't like the look of Centerlines.  :shruggy:

I happen to really like the look of these Centerline Convo Pro's on my '68.
No one can really say there is any one "best" wheel that looks good on a Charger. Personally I am not a big fan of Cragar or "Cragar-esque" looking 5-spoke wheels. I just don't like them, although it looks like the majority of members here do. That's OK, everyone is entitled to their opinion of their favorite. I just wanted something "different" for my '68.

Those look sweet Bill !  I'd love to see more pics of that beauty if you can post'em up !  I considered the Convo Pros on mine until I got the Torque II for a good price.  I'd also like to see how the Foose wheels look if you decide to by them. 

Back on topic, I am starting to like the 17 inch Magnums more and more.....

Sublime,
Actually, YOUR car is my inspiration for my '69!!! I'm going sublime with a white interior though, & am doing the '69 style hood treatment with white '70 "440" callouts (all in paint, however).
I've already decided to buy the Foose wheels, I'll probably place the order sometime early next year so I'll have them as soon as they're available. I WILL post pics for everyone.
Does anyone think 20"s will be TOO big for the rear? I'm thinking modern, not retro. Does anyone have any pics of Chargers with 20" rear wheels? I have plenty of pics with 19"s, but I'd like to see some 20"s as a comparison. They'd only be slightly bigger.

Here's some more shots of the Convo Pros.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bill440rt

Another...

SuBLimE 69

Sweet, I am flattered....  ::) I love being a bad influence on other people check books ! !   :icon_smile_tongue:  That garage is gonna look mighty sexy with three second gens sleeping in it.  I've gotta get on your E-mail list for the Pics of ALL THREE ! ! !  :yesnod:

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

bill440rt

Sublime, you have PM. You ARE a bad influence!!  ;)
My next problem is I only got a 2 car garage! Darn!  :brickwall:

CaptMarvel

Well, showing my gray hair a bit I guess but, in order of cool; slot mags, centerline or enke style (brushed please), 70's challenger style ralley, 60's style Dodge magnums. There are so many butt ugly wheels out there these days, I am even starting to dig on the old flower/Cragar style (never cared for them). I know it's your Charger, but please, please dont put huge modern wheels on it. Nothing says nasty on an otherwise good looking old piece of muscle than the big rimmed bling... :puke:

Just my :Twocents:

69charger2002

danny i basically got the knockoff version of those ET 3 wheels. they were less than 400 bucks shipped.. and i LOVE them.. they remind me of slots, but i don't have to polish each wheel for hours now to look good
trav

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

tan top

Quote from: 69charger2002 on August 02, 2006, 03:06:15 PM
danny i basically got the knockoff version of those ET 3 wheels. they were less than 400 bucks shipped.. and i LOVE them.. they remind me of slots, but i don't have to polish each wheel for hours now to look good
trav

:scope:  they    look real good   :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Brock Samson

why's it sittin so high Travis?..  :-\
good value BTW.

Danny Gutierrez

Quote from: 69charger2002 on August 02, 2006, 03:06:15 PM
trav

They definately look sharp!!!  I just can't decide which version to get.  Do they have the knockoff version with the little screws set into the wheels?  I may just have to get in touch with you soon.
1969 Dodge Charger, second owner.  The first owner was my Dad.

mikepmcs

vectors, centerlines, magnum 500's. Not necessarily in that order, depends on the car's outside color and the look(stance)
starting to like those TT's more every time I see em' on the right car.
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

69charger2002

hey danny, yeah give me a holler..they don't come with screws on the caps.. strat.. the car has been cranked down some. it is also sitting on a hump in the yard
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

71charger_fan

"steal wheels" hmm, let's hope that was a typo and not a freudian slip.

For my stinky, everyone's got one opinion, it's hard to beat the Magnum wheel on the second gen Charger. TQII look great on them. I'll stick with 200S on the third gen. Mopar cop rims with trim rings and center caps look nice. I just hated when people would tell me they were GM rally wheels when they were on my car.