News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Control shaft has inner shell stuck on, Do I need to remove for poly bushings?

Started by WH23G3G, June 24, 2006, 10:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

Do I need to have the inner shell from the lower control arm shaft even if I'm using the Energy Suspension Polyurethane bushings? The outer shells are still stuck in the arm, but the instructions say leave those in if you're using these polyurethane bushings. But they don't come with the inner shells either, and I can't see how it would do any good still stuck on the control arm shaft. Does it matter since it will all be pushed together when the control arm and torsion bar are put back together? I've still not been able to find anyone good enough to remove the rubber bushings leaving the outer shell in my upper control arms, so I bought some new rubber bushings, because it looks like I won't be able to get the polys in there. What a waste.

TylerCharger69

I dunno...but I got my poly kit from PST.   It came with the outer shell attached, so I had to remove the entire piece  (with a hydraulic press) in order to get it out

dodge freak

Check out your local auto parts stores, the ones that turn rotors, they might be able to do it. My local store did a great job, even cleaned them up in a hot tank. They charged me $30 for each arm on the bushing and $20 to change the ball joint. So $50 each arm plus parts but it was worth it I think.

71charger_fan

I used an Energy Suspension kit and it said to leave the original inner shell in place. That  was 10 years ago though. They may have changed their parts.