News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is there a way to identify which bolts go where on the body, chassis?

Started by WH23G3G, June 18, 2006, 10:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

I haven't been following the rules of a restoration closely. I've tossed all the random bolts into one bucket and now I'm starting to need some of them again for the suspension. I'm wanting to sand blast and paint them and reuse the ones I can still keep. The only ones I know are the fender bolts which have the little boat anchor symbol on them. Where I can I've reinstalled the bolts in whatever I've taken out. I've only disassembled the front end, fenders, bumper, and suspension. Of course engine is out.

Shakey

There is a book called The B Body Fasteners Guide.  There is a thread about it here on the site as we talked about it a couple of months back.

dodgecharger-fan

It is well worth the investment. The quality is much better than I expected, They did all the right things when they produced it.
And the actual information is detailed and abundant.

Ghoste

They had them for sale at the Chrysler Museum when I was there for the CEMA show a couple of weeks back.  I didn't pick one up but I did look through it and it is a VERY informative book.

hemigeno

Ghoste

gtx6970

Same as any other printed material use it as a guide, Not a bible. But Yes, It's well worth the price and anyone doing a vehice restoration it's priceless for the detail information.