News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A hard time to find a car

Started by mustanghater, June 19, 2006, 09:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptMarvel

Man, follow that first posts advice and be patient. I had literally looked (off & on) for a decent 2nd gen since 86 or so. I only really seriously looked since around '97 but finally found an affordable (not basket case) factory R/T with 440/console in 03 for $3 K and drove it home. In todays world, I think alot of us have completely forgotten how to be patient. It's sad. Some of our pioneer forefathers & mothers would look at us & shake their heads in disbelief because we are such complete snivelers about trivial things.... Have you tried actually hitting the streets and looking up and down alleys and on the sides of houses out in the rural areas? Believe it or not, even in this current Mopar price inflated world, you can still get good deals occasionally. I picked up 2 really decent running 74 Plymouths (Duster & Scamp) last year and dont have over $1100 in both of them together....  ;D

mustanghater

Quote from: 262chargers on June 26, 2006, 06:22:53 PM
Quote from: Sledge57 on June 21, 2006, 10:45:35 PM
I was gonna suggest this one too but ya know what? I need to go take a look at it myself, looks like a bad ass race car in waiting. Guess ya lost another one.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Dart-MODEL-170-1963-DODGE-DART-4-DR-3-OWNERS-LOW-MILES-LIKE-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6201QQihZ002QQitemZ4652172911QQrdZ1

Even cheaper now.... :o

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290001253471&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT

The funny thing is that thats the town i live in and I have never seen that car lot before in my life. less then 100 people live here so i think thats a scam.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

262chargers

your such a tool...  :icon_smile_blackeye:

QuoteSEE IT AT THE CAR STORE, 2933 WEST PROSPECT(ROUTE 20) IN ASHTABULA, OHIO - DRIVE IT - YOU'LL BUY IT!!

CALL DON AT 440-992-5567 WITH ANY QUESTIONS.

http://local.yahoo.com/details?fr=dd-local-more&id=15541415

::)

262chargers

And wtf is this in your sig for? Because you almost bought it? Nice spelling too.  :rotz: 

:hah:
Quote'88 daytons shelby z

dodge freak

You need to buy a car dude. Its not like you are getting married or something, just buy something and start working on it. You always can sell it and buy someting else. Heys its been a while now that you said you had $4000 to spend, whats the matter you spend it all on girls ,booze , oh I know a bad ass stereo system

dkn1997

Quote from: dodge freak on June 26, 2006, 08:36:37 PM
Its not like you are getting married or something, just buy something and start working on it. You always can sell it and buy someting else. system

I disagree, it's easier to sell the wife and move onto something else than to do the same with a mopar...
RECHRGED

dodge freak

Not for me it just a piece of steel that I could do with lots of other cars. Hey maybe I am nuts, I just love pertty girls and money, mostly money. With that I can make lots of old Mopars just like how I want them.

derailed

Here ya go hater of mustangs!!  I always thought these cars were badass and if I was closer I might check it out myself. Looks like its already had alot done to it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Clean-condition-california-car_W0QQitemZ220001665913QQcategoryZ6210QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

chrisII

so far thats a steal ! and about 20 min from where i picked up my charger (still 3 hours from me).   the first car i ever striped out was a 71 demon. i would sell off my duster in a heartbeat for that car (but id stick in the 340 ive got sittin around and keep the crate motor)

RT DAVE

Now would be a great time to buy a 5.0 Stang.  None of the Ford guys want em now that the new ones are out and they can be made real quick for little coin.  I'm going to get flamed for this but I don't give a rat's arse...    :stirthepot:
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

AJ1966

There is no way you can get a good classic mopar for a few grand, unless it needs almost a full restoration.....I considered selling my car for even up to $7-8k....and realized even if I had another few grand, I still couldn't afford a car that's as solid as mine, even low end models.  I couldn't even find a nice dart with a good body that didn't need work....Online ads (non message boards) gouge like mad, such as collector car trader and cars on line....it pisses me off.  Mopars hold their value well, and as time goes on, good deals are hard to find.  Body work is the worst thing for a car to need, and it will get costly fast.  For a few grand, you will only find a MAJOR project.....not a driver....at least for 60s/early 70s cars...At best, I picked up a '78 trans am years ago for about $5000 that had a solid body and ran well......The 5.0 foxbody mustangs are also a good buy, even though I'm not a ford guy....Or pick up an LT1 fbody, or even an LS1 fbody.....

Lightning

I'm tellin ya guys, an M-body is the best thing to have now, they're cheap, have Mopar's mechanical heritage (you can even stick a B/RB in it), and insurance won't nail you a new one just to have it.   And the k-frame mounts are cheap too! which takes care of 50% of the alignment problems!
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

Brock Samson

that mirada sold for only $1,400,
  it was waaaaaaay too nice a car and good a deal for you MH, your gonna need a moped or  VW i'm afraid...
sorry kid. we're through.

dodge freak

You messed up kid, that Miranda would have been great to have. $1,400 heck you would had $2,500 left to put in it, could have gotten the rear end gears, the trans redone and still had some cash left for the motor.

Like I said its motorcycle maybe for you, just don't hit anything. You still have that cash left , right ?

Lowprofile

"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Old Moparz

Quote from: Lowprofile on June 28, 2006, 01:58:59 PM
Hey MH, Pay attention!

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,15398.0%20html

It's in effen Ohio, why the hell would he ever want to go so damn far to look at a Mopar?   ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry