News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar Appearance in Rice and the Furious 3 ???

Started by wish4a68, June 14, 2006, 12:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wish4a68

Anyone catch that spoiler preview of FNF3. (***Spoiler WARNING-->Don't Read if you don't want movie hints, blah blah, just in case anyone actually goes to see it***)
I've seen the trailers a bunch of times but didn't think much of it, but in this one Vin Diesel was in it (not that I care) but more importantly there was another muscle car! The scene takes place at the end where meathead makes a cameo apparence racing the main character. I honestly couldn't make it out because I was on the computer barely paying attention to it, since it didn't really click in until after the commercial ended. I could be wrong but from what I saw I thought it was a GTX or RR maybe? If anyone else saw it some clarrification on what kind of car it was would help, I'll have to catch that trailer again, it'll prolly pop up online in a few days... I can't really complain too much about the first two movies, sure they wernt anything great, but at least there was a Charger and a Challenger to keep me entertained for a few good mins (until they ruined em!!!). I know the other muscle car they use is a 67 Fastback, where they transplanted a nissan engine, eeek.

I've got nothing against real "tuner" cars (Supras, Skylines etc) after seeing one put down 900rwhp on a dyno in person with stock internals, so I was impressed. Not my bag, but gotta give credit to the legit low displ cars putting down quick quarter mile times. It's the goddamn ricers I hate with 1.7L stock block civics with a bolt on air filter, coffee can exhaust, and the 25hp Type R sticker

wish4a68

Only found this pic on the net (actually screen grab of another screen grab)... Still can't make it out.

Orange_Crush

Its a B-body, but I ca't tell what it is.

As far as the Nissan engine in a ford...probably better than the Ford engine that was in it.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

wish4a68

Quote from: Orange_Crush on June 14, 2006, 12:59:35 PM
Its a B-body, but I ca't tell what it is.

As far as the Nissan engine in a ford...probably better than the Ford engine that was in it.

HAHAHAHA well said
Just looking at various videos on the net of the movie. They have a beater Monte Carlo with a 572 in it... But still no finds on the mopar, boooo

73ChargerSE

There is a mopar.  If you watch one of the trailers (the one they play on Spike I believe) for it, when the girl says "GO!", it shows two cars racing from the rear, and you can make out taillights of a '70 Road Runner/Satellite/GTX

terrible one

I read an article on the movie not too long ago. They said that the Mustang with the Nissan 6 in it would run and drive, but to shoot the scenes where it actually had to drift, they had to put the big 'ol V8 back in. I thought that was funny.

THE CHARGER PUNK

ill tell u all what it is, just by looking at the interior and the tail panel from that trailer , it is steve strope's built 70 roadrunner ''hammer'' with vin diesel making a cameo in the end-MATT

wish4a68

Quote from: F8 69 CHARGER PUNK on June 14, 2006, 03:53:03 PM
ill tell u all what it is, just by looking at the interior and the tail panel from that trailer , it is steve strope's built 70 roadrunner ''hammer'' with vin diesel making a cameo in the end-MATT

Thanks F8...
Did a quick search and found a few pics (not the greatest). I think its featured in  March 2005 Hot Rod Mag as well.
http://www.moparx.com/moparx_004.htm

Lightning

there's featrues in this month's Hot Rod and Sport Compact Car mags, I already looked through them, didn't see a mopar.   That mustang with the nissan motor put down 380 hp on the dyno, and the stunt car had a 430ci windsor in it, they beat the hell out of the car too.
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

wish4a68

The RR is only in the very end race. Not sure how long the actual sequence is but its a surprise since Vin Diesel is driving it. They recently started showing a quick clip of Diesel in the previews to tease the audience. Maybe some people will think he has a prodominent role in the film and go see it for that, meanwhile he's just in the end.... But I guess that's why they're giving him FNF part 4 all to himself.. here we go again

Wakko

As previously stated, the Nissan powered Mustang was legit and actually pretty fast, but nowhere near fast enough for the drifting scenes, so they had a SECOND car that had the built big block in it.  There were actually quite a few of the cars of course, but two hero cars for the driving.  The '70 Monte Carlo was modeled after the NASCAR '70 and was left in primer by chance.  After prepping the body for paint one of the guys came over to help decide on color and after seeing the car in primer went "Whoa, that's perfect...leave it."   The interior of the car is bad ass, there are pictures and a really good story in the new Hot Rod or something.

BTW, the kid supposedly did the engine swap into Dad's Mustang overnight but in reality it took months to get it right.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

THE CHARGER PUNK

well it just showed a full fatf3:TD final trailer on my black box and it shows the front of the car it is definitely the 70 roadrunner hammer and it goes to vin diesel as he says to the main actor lucas black ''are you ready kid'' right b4 he floors hammer-MATT

Brock Samson

Lightning

that's the only incarnation I like of the new.....thing.

I need to get that poster.

anyhow, on the Mustang in that movie, they built a 351-based stroker for the stunt car.  Turns out that was more balanced than the one with the nissan motor.

as for the Monte Carlo... :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
I know I normally hate Chevys, but there's just something about the old-stock car style that's so nice about it.

Ghoul

Lightning

yeah, that's the ONLY mopar in the movie (I just got out of it, trying to kill some time before work)  It's a decent movie, but why did "The Hammer" have Dodge on the back of it though? I thought Road Runners were Plymouths.

THE CHARGER PUNK

last time i checked , hammer was wearin the words ''H A M M E R'' on the rear where usually
''P L Y M O U T H'' was on 1970 plymouth b-bodys(roadrunner,satellite,gTx and superbird-MATT, im going to see the movie as of tomorrow so i will see if its says Dodge.

THE CHARGER PUNK

mustanghater

The cool thing about the hammer is that they call it a Satillite and not a Road Runner.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

SeattleCharger

Give 'em the hammer!        Nice car, don't usually like the modern rims a bunch on the old cars, but that looks pretty nice.

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Mike DC

I just saw this movie last night. 

Amazingly stupid/cheesy.  But a lot of fun too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The storyline felt a lot like the first F/F movie.  Just drop the undercover-cop thing and set it in Tokyo.
The drifting was cool even though it's not the fastest way to go around a corner or anything.  I read that they used something like 2000 sets of tires to shoot the movie.

The beginning chase was my favorite, with a crude NASCAR-type 1971 Monte Carlo whupping a high school preppie in a Viper.
(Hey, Vipers are cool.  But badass primered musclecars are even cooler.)