News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A Bit of Sad News....Update on Mike

Started by River, June 18, 2006, 10:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkness

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

Charger1970

That is certainly sad news. Mike seems like a great guy. God bless him and his family.
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

70charginglizard

Prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery for him.
70charginglizard

TheGhost

Jesus.....  This is a complete shock.  He'll be in my prayers for sure.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Lowprofile

Quote from: NHCharger on June 18, 2006, 08:05:55 PM
Words can not express how I feel right now. Mike and his family are in my prayers.

:iagree: :engel016:  Just unbelievable. After all you've been through Mike...... We are all praying for your recovery. :angel:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Orange_Crush

I have a Christian friend praying, two Buddhist friends chanting,  I even have a pagan girl I know doing whatever it is they do....one of 'em's gotta take.

C'mon Mike...you can do it!  I'm thinkin' about ya bud!
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Blue Pentastar

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Mike and family.

Miike Schrader
69 Charger White Hat Special  
04 Chrysler 300M Special
99 Ram 3500 Dually Diesel

69charger2002

another prayer from me.. please recover soon
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Telvis

Wow..I will be praying for Mike and his family.

8WHEELER

River ''Mike'', Can you please PM me or Email me, I would like to know where he is. We have gone through a lot
together. He would PM me from the hospital ''in the dark at night'' because he was not supposed to be up.
This was less than a month after he had his wreck on a 4wheeler, and that is what I was on when I broke my neck.

He was a little afraid, at first, to ask me about life in a wheelchair, then after a short time it was anything goes.

We go through about the same thing. Evan though we don't see each other as often as we wished. I have been
in a chair with less mobility than Mike going on 21yrs now for me. I know better than anybody, how his life has been,
in these couple years. We can talk about anything, and not be afraid to say anything to each other.

This is a major blow to me, I would like to help in some way ..............................................................................
.................................................................................................................................................................

Let's all bow our heads, pick them up, and hope for the best

:rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Nacho-RT74

damn!!! I really shocked... I know he was very happy with the legs progress, but what did happen now ?

No, God Mike no....

COME OOOOOON YOU CAN DOOO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Reidar

Best wishes, thoughts, and prayers go out to him and his family.

Prayers from all over the world to a fellow charger-brother.

6pkrunner

Totally stunned! Please keep us updated. God bless and prayers out to you Mike!

NYCMille

oh man...

I sincerly hope all turns out for the best - my prayers are with him.

limey

That's shocking news...Mike is one of the good guys, and to have lighting strike him again is dreadful.
Our thoughts are with him.
Nick
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

4402tuff4u

Wow!! I'll be praying for him too. Hope everything works out for him and his family. I knew he was wheel chair bound as Dan (8WHEELER) but never knew why. But Dan shed some light on Mike's accident and his too for us that don't know and I thank Dan for that. It's very sad having something like that happen to you and then this! We all hope for the best that he will pull through.

I don't know Mike that well, but from his past posts and opinions that I've read, I don't think he's a quiter or pushover and he'll give it a fight!!  :icon_smile_sad:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

volk68

Absolutely shocking.  My prayers are with Mike and his family.

SirNik73

Mike, You got my prayers
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

MichaelRW

Mike is in my prayers too.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

Blown70

WOW, I am in SHOCK :o,  I was not expecting this when I opened the thread.  Mike was always great when you would PM him and would respond.  I hope he gets better soon.

He will be in my thoughts.

Tom

greenpigs

I hope he pulls through without any complications.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Charger_Fan

Damn, this is really shitty news.
I hope he pulls through this, admittedly for my own selfish reasons...BECAUSE I HAVEN'T GOTTEN TO MEET HIM YET!!! :bawling:

Mike has more determination in his pinky finger than most anybody else I know, me especially! I'm endlessely amazed at how great his outlook is on life, it's something I am constantly in awe of.
I hope he'll be able to pull through this hurdle & be ok.

For those unaware of Mike's willpower, here's a fine example; http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6818.0.html

Get well, my friend.

Thanks to Dan (8Wheeler) for the pic. :)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

hemi68charger

Does anyone know where he's at? I want to send flowers / well-wishes to him and his famiy on behalf of the group here and the 70Charger board...........
I did a search for hospitals, but it's a bigger place than I thought....... I have his home addy, but would like to send the items to his bedside......

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Chris G.

Troy, I just read a PM from River(Mike) who said he thinks he is at the SouthWest Hospital in Vancouver Wa.

Once we get confirmation, I am also sending something. He would probably yell at me for flowers. Maybe I'll get him a 1:18 Charger or something.  ;D I was supposed to see him in a couple weeks in PA. I guess now I'll have to make the trip up north to visit him instead... which is fine by me.

Mike and his car were also Charger of the Month in April of this year. http://1970chargerregistry.com/Misc/cotm_april.html