News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So I'm new here...

Started by Goobzilla, August 16, 2005, 07:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goobzilla

Hi folks,

I was a lurker for a little bit at D-C.com before the party ended and I just found you guys a few minutes ago.   A little background on me, I'm 35 and a full on car nut!   I live in Centralia, WA which is 1/2 way between Portland and Seattle.   I'm really not a "brand loyalist" per se, I just like what I like.   Right now at the house I've got a 91 Mustang GT 'vert, a 78 GMC Stepside 4x4 (built 396), a 73 AMC Javelin, a 69 International Scout 800, a 68 AMC AMX, and a 55 Ford P/U.   Oh yeah and the wife has some econobox for a DD   :) .   She has been very supportive of my old car habit for the last 15 years and loves going to all the shows.

In my younger days, I had a real nice 2 owner 70 Barracuda B5 Blue 318 BH23G0E127961.   I'll scan a pic if I can find one.   I was going thru a cabinet in the shop and found my old Chilton's Barracuda/Challenger book, great memories.   So lately I've been getting "the itch" for another car and a B-Body Mopar is #1 on the list.   I'm just starting to get started on the search, I want nice but not so nice that I'm afraid to drive it.   4 speed is a plus (to me).   I'm sure we'll find something really good though, we usually do.

I do have a blog setup for my '55 Ford resto if anyone wants to kill a few brain cells reading my ramblings:

http://rons55ford.blogspot.com

I enjoy doing the blog and it helps keep me focused when I get nastygrams from my loyal readers (Mom) asking "why aren't you working on the truck"?

Well that's it for now, just wanted to say hey to everyone.   I'll try to be an active member of the boards even if I'm sans Mopar (temporarily, I hope!)

Ron

Troy

Hi! Welcome to the site! :wave:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

Got the itch for a B-body Mopar, eh? Well, the 'ol Charger fits right into that category. In the meantime the red-headed Moopar stepchildren (AMC) will grant you all the same privileges here.

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

IBsmokin

welcome, I guess this means you will no longer just troll the site but make some post on here as well eh!!! 
nice to see a new member!

Goobzilla

Thanks for the warm welcomes. 

Here's a pic of the AMX 343/Auto:

Charger_Fan

Great looking AMX you've got there!
I love those cars, 70 being my favorite...with that funny BUMP on the hood (no, this isn't my car). :icon_smile_big:

Welcome to the site! :wave:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

LahTera

Lowprofile

Welcome to the Site!  AMC's Rock! I'm thinkin' about gettin this old Rambler......440/6-PAC/4 Speed/ Dana 60...... :icon_smile_wink:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

MoparYoungGun

psykicpup

my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!