News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bucket headrests

Started by CCHARGER, June 17, 2006, 05:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCHARGER

does anyone have a pic of how the internal guts(what locks the headrest inside the seat) for bucket headrest go together ???

thanks in advance

ccharger

69CoronetRT

Interesting you should ask...I just pulled a set from a 69 Coronet today. There is a tab that goes into slots cut into the rods. Here are some pictures. I have more detailed ones if you want to see what the screws look like and how many are used where.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

69CoronetRT

There is also a small metal tab that is part of the assembly
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

dodge freak

AWSOME , hows that for a answer.

Ghoste

Now, does anyone have a set of, well, basically all of the parts that would go inside the seat?

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Ghoste on June 17, 2006, 11:49:27 PM
Now, does anyone have a set of, well, basically all of the parts that would go inside the seat?

:yesnod: Interesting you should ask..I just pulled a set today.... Send me an e-mail and we'll talk

Ghoste

694spdRT

Those pics look like they are for a bench seat and I think the bucket seat setup is different.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

69CoronetRT

Quote from: 694spdRT on June 18, 2006, 08:57:24 AM
Those pics look like they are for a bench seat and I think the bucket seat setup is different.

You are correct. This is a 4 dr bench seat. Here's another thread on headrests that may be helpful

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=A12&Number=2503187&Searchpage=2&Main=2503187&Words=headrest&topic=&Search=true#Post2503187

Paul 500

68/9 buckets inside
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

CCHARGER

Thanks for all your help, but it seems i have set of bench seat headrest assembly and it doesn't look like it would work for buckets.

thank you once again

CCHARGER

Ghoste

Out of curiousity, how does the bench seat hardware appear to be different inside the seat or is it just the portion above?

CCHARGER

it all looks different. look at the series of pics from 69 coronet rt (bench) and UK 69 500 (bucket)

Ghoste

Doh!  So that's what the scroll up feature is for.  Thanks.

CCHARGER

Ghoste no need to get upset. My intention was not to be rude. the answer was right there in the pics thats all.
I'm sorry if you took it the wrong way.

CCHARGER

Ghoste

No, no I didn't take it the wrong way.  It was right there in the pictures and I blasted right on by it without paying attention.  I deserved a good cyber slap for it. :slap:

DPL

So how do you remove the head rest with the seat covering still on? 

I can't reach too far in on my 69 RT buckets.

??
1968 Charger RT
1969 Charger RT
1968 Super Bee
1970 Super Bee V Code

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: DPL on April 27, 2009, 09:07:07 PM
So how do you remove the head rest with the seat covering still on? 

I can't reach too far in on my 69 RT buckets.

??

Pull straight up....a firm persuasive hit from your palm usually pops them out
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

DPL

Wow man, I reefed on them thinking that was all that was required.

No go.  Better get some time in at the gym I guess
1968 Charger RT
1969 Charger RT
1968 Super Bee
1970 Super Bee V Code

69*F5*SE

Yeah, they pull out fairly easy normally. 

oldcarnut

I see there are some installing differences but what about the actual head rests themselves?  Will they interchange?  Unless I missed something in the pics, I need a set for my 70 RR bench seat and was just wondering if they were the same so I could keep an eye out for either. 

Just 6T9 CHGR

IIRC bench seat headrests posts are longer then their bucket seat counterparts....
Friends have used them & just cut down the post & made a new notch for the retainer clip to sit in....

The repros are very nice (now) and are a great cost alternative to trying to restore junk ones....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

runningman

I think the mounting hardware is also being reproduced.......BEA??